Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Character Selection and Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

If anything it was moreso. After failing a Luck roll he took 4d6 damage, which turned out to be 18. Dave took 5d6, but the total was lower. And Hendrix actually survived that 18 damage, at least for now, but he is at -2 HP and fading fast. He would have taken less damage had he remained strapped in, but he took the risk to unstrap himself in order to try to prevent the crash. The dice just didn't like him very much.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

it's hard to beat a neo-nazi dying and dropping the remote detonator of a C4 satchel, upon which a zombie then walks and detonates it (although that type of detonator requires two presses, so it must be a lucky zombie). the explosion then wiping out the front of a building, including a bar & store room, where a keg of beer is sent flying straight against Dave's chest, causing lethal trauma. :lol:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That is true; I'd forgotten about the circumstances behind the detonation. Buzz had pressed the detonator the first time as he went down, however, so it only needed one more press, and the zombie was very lucky - one of the people shooting at it missed, I believe, and then Father McCormick wounded it in the head but failed to do enough damage to kill it. Then I decided that it would step on and trigger the detonator if I rolled a 1 on 1d10, and I did.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:Buzz had pressed the detonator the first time as he went down, however, so it only needed one more press, and the zombie was very lucky
there's a reason why in the 'Nam movies they press it twice fast. :lol:

that's because it doesn't detonate if you do it slow. :twisted:

but anyhow, doesn't matter. cant drag too much real life stuff into it (and i didnt back then, so i'm not going to argue it now). the keeper decides.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Handy-

I assume all the players have chosen characters, and characters are accounted for.

Can you post up the full character and player list?
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I posted the cast list back on page 1 and edited it as people chose characters, but I'll update and repost it here. I wouldn't expect Stoned_Golem to play since I haven't heard anything. I still expect Laraqua to join us, possibly around March 1 when she may be getting her own computer at home. She still has to confirm Rick Brenner and possibly choose additional characters. Otherwise, yes, the selections are done.

Here's the cast so far:
Fearlessfred (1 slot available):
Trooper Joe Barring (UNDER)
Javier Ramirez (THROUGH)
Sgt. Sam Black (THROUGH)

Mr Zombie killer (0 slots available):
Private Julio Alvarez (OVER)
Kerry Pierce (UNDER)
Airman Bobby Sheen (THROUGH)
Colin Lewis (THROUGH)

Stompie (0 slots available):
Wallace Red Crow (THROUGH)
Duke (UNDER)
Airman Justin Hockey (UNDER)
Acting Senior Airman Manuel Ortega (THROUGH)

SuAside (3 slots available):
Luke the Hunter (THROUGH)

Kabukiman (0 slots available):
Senior Airman Harry Flynn (OVER)
Max the dog (UNDER)
Airman Gordon Cheng (THROUGH)
Melinda Christie (THROUGH)

Laraqua (3 slots available):
Corporal Anthony Gardner (OVER)

OathinBlood (3 slots available):
Michael Walters (UNDER)

Kranix (1 slot available):
Lucy Armstrong (OVER)
Airman Greg Applebee (THROUGH)
Lewie Newton (THROUGH)

Andrew (3 slots available):
Lawrence Black (THROUGH) [withdrawn from the game, but reserved in case he returns]

Bosco (1 slot available):
Dr. Bernard Smith (OVER)
Senior Airman Roger Coltrane (THROUGH)
Ernest Granger (THROUGH)

Wimrock (2 slots available):
David the Horny Truck Driver (THROUGH)
Dr. Dale Owens (THROUGH)

Syrinx (3 slots available):
Kathryn McCoy (OVER)

Ryansommer (1 slot available):
Sally (UNDER)
Keith Deeds (THROUGH)
Airman Frank Hodges (THROUGH)

zielonobrody (3 slots available):
Joe Soarez (THROUGH)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by wimrock »

Hi I am Mr Zombie Killer's friend. He has showed me a bit how this works and i just wanted to let you know I am looking at characters now and I will choose in the next few days. I know that the game has already started. I am sorry it took me so long. I had work problems. Thanks for letting me play, Mr. Handy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, Wimrock, and welcome aboard! It's okay to join late, and I understand perfectly about being busy. Choose your characters when you're ready, and I'll send you their secrets. Then you can catch up on their threads and join in. Remember not to read the IC threads that don't have any of your characters in them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by wimrock »

Mr. Handy,
I have looked at the following characters and I have read the backstories if need be for those from Chapter 1 and 2. I would like to choose Mr. Foo, David the Horney Truck Driver, and Dale Ownes. Are they ok? Please let me know. If so send me thier secrets by PM.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, those are fine. I'll send you their secrets shortly. Mr. Foo is in Under, in the thread Truly Madly Deeply. David is in Through, in the thread Aftermath, and Dr. Dale Owens is in Through, in the thread Enter the Rough Riders. You can go ahead and read those threads now, and you can start posting for your characters once I send you the secrets.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Handy!
Going in blind here! 8-)
I plan, if I´m allowed, to participate with a batch of new characters. I could manage one from the earlier chapters, preferably a medic if one is available. "There´s nothing like napalm in the morning!"
------status pending---------------
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Syrinx! If you want to play characters from the earlier chapters, you really ought to have read them first and they're very long. Otherwise, you should stick with new characters from Chapter 3. The USAF characters from Chapter 2 can be played if you've read the second chapter and not the first, as can Kerry Pierce (though she's difficult to play). You could also get away with playing Erica Spears if you've read Chapter 2 but not Chapter 1.

Unfortunately, medics are in short supply. I added some new ones, but they're no longer available. Julio Alvarez, the medic in Over, is being played, as is the civilian doctor there. Dr. Brigetta Hausmann is still available, but you'd really need to have read the first two chapters since she's such a central character (and also a challenge to play). There's Sally the nurse in Under, but again she's from Chapter 1. Airman Steve Phillips, the medic from Chapter 2, is not being played, but he was bitten about 45-50 minutes ago in game time and doesn't have long to live. Lt. Blanco and Zorie Spooner are medical researchers from Chapter 2 and are still available. The new medic in Through, Airman Amy Janssen,
Spoiler:
has snuffed it
, so you can't play her. Amanda Deeds in Through is a former combat nurse and still available. The civilian doctor in Through has just been picked up by another player.

Let me know when you've picked your characters by posting here. Check out the Character Sheets thread to see which ones are still available, and look at the first post in this thread for instructions. Once you've made your selections, I'll send you their secrets and you can start playing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well, then it´s research for most of the money! From THROUGH, Spooner and Blanco are my first picks. From OVER, I´ll go with air traffic controller McCoy for the spare change in the till.
-----------reporting human resources-----------------------
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Have you read Chapter 2 yet? If not, it'll take a while. You also might not want to play both Spooner and Blanco since they're similar characters, though there are significant differences between them. Zorie Spooner is a civilian, while Lt. Blanco is military, and in fact is currently in command of the motel, so be prepared for a challenge. Kathryn McCoy will be a challenge too, and I don't know if you're aware of her current situation. If you haven't read her threads (The Tower and then Up Top), you should do so first. You should also look at the last couple pages of Chapter 2, as she spoke to the helicopter group over the radio before. I'll need you to confirm for me which characters you want to play before I send you their secrets.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m getting friendly with the girls and will keep you posted on my final picks.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m definitely going with McCoy, being tied up at the moment...
Spoiler:
NG Gardner seems to be a slippery kind of guy.
Spoiler:
McCoy need to alert the people in the elevator. Just got to have a plan. First get out of the duct tape.
Am I allowed to tag only one character? Then I can read up on a few others. Better to do a good job with one than a sloppy one with several! So as a starter I´ll go with Kathryn and I look out for new arrivals to play later on, doable?
-------------Einie Meanie Miney Moe--------------------------
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Okay, you've got Kathryn McCoy. I'll send you her secrets in a bit. It's perfectly fine for you to reserve Lt. Blanco and Zorie Spooner while you start playing Kathryn. If you do decide to play the other two, there's a little bit more reading to do besides Chapter 2 (but not anywhere near as long). They arrived late in Chapter 1, so you might want to look over the last page or two of that. There's also a secret conversation that Lt. Blanco was privy to, but I'll let you know about that if you confirm you're playing her. As soon as you receive Kathryn's secrets, you can make your first post in her thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Fine, but I don´t want to tie the researchers up. Someone else might want to play one of them. I´m fine with Kathryn for now.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Hello, all! New player here.
I am going to start with two characters. Once from the OVER group, and the other from the THROUGH group
Over: Pvt Simone Dawkins
Through: Keith Deeds

I look forward to playing with you all,
Ryan
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome to the fray, Ryan!
/Dave
TVblog

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”