Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: Mr. Handy

gazza567
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years

Re: Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

Post by gazza567 »

I will go for the pregenerated characters. Three of them. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! You can post here with your choices, and then I'll send you their secrets. The Character Sheets thread has all their stats (as well as indicates which ones are no longer available). The Locations and Weapons thread in each chapter's subforum has a list of hyperlinks for each surviving character to guide you in catching up. Chapters 1 and 2 are on another site (accesible through The Story So Far...) if you want to go back that far. They're good, but it's a lot of reading. Each of those chapters just has a single IC thread. Only a handful of characters from the first two chapters have survived this far anyway.

In Gold, the following characters are still available (the chapter in which each was added is in parentheses):
Zorie Spooner (2)

Lt. Rebecca Doolittle (3)
Senior Airman Roger Coltrane (3) - down to only 3 Sanity!
Amanda Deeds (3)
Lisa Crow (3)
Lauren Montrose (3)
Kyle Perkins (3)

2nd Lt. Oscar Gomez (4)
2nd Lt. Barbara Ellison (4)
Senior Airman Tom Wu (4)
Airman Catherine Rourke (4)
Airman Gary SImpson (4)

Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew (5)
Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez (5)
Airman Marcus Winters (5)

In Sword, Raquel Orozco has been bitten by a zombie and is doomed, so you probably don't want to play her. The only available character, who was added in Chapter 4, is Lara Voronova. She has gone through some terrible ordeals and is in a desperate situation, but she is not completely without hope. You can play her, but it's not for the faint of heart.

In Omaha, many characters added in Chapter 4 are still available, too many to list here. There are also a few characters added in Chapters 1 and 3. You can find all of them listed in the Character Sheets thread. The following characters were added in Chapter 5 and are available:
John Lee
Erin Halloran
John Lake
Brian Stevenson
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

2nd of Oscar Gomez
John lee
Kaufman Gary Simpson
:)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's actually Airman Gary Simpson - it's his rank.

Oscar Gomez and Gary Simpson are going to be together for the forseeable future and neither one will have much to do for a little while yet, so you might not want to play both of them. You'll get a more diverse experience by replacing one of them with a different character. If you want a second character in Gold, Kyle Perkins, Raymond Crew, or one of the female characters would be a good choice. Or you could choose one the many characters in Omaha. All of them will have a very different experience than John Lee, even if they happen to be in the same thread currently. If you still want both Gomez and Simpson, you can still have them both - just confirm here that you want them. If you'd rather substitute a different character for one of them, please let me know here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

How about John Lake?
So Oscar and John Lake.

Sorry my iphone change my typing weird.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It's probably an out of control spellchecker.

Okay, so you've got Oscar Gomez, John Lee, and John Lake. I'll send you their secrets shortly. Once you've read each character's secrets and caught up on his previous threads, you can start posting for him in his current IC thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

Mr. Handy wrote:It's probably an out of control spellchecker.

Okay, so you've got Oscar Gomez, John Lee, and John Lake. I'll send you their secrets shortly. Once you've read each character's secrets and caught up on his previous threads, you can start posting for him in his current IC thread.

Excellent. Looking forward to it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Two more characters have been added to the Sword section: farmer Steve Bell and his daughter Caitlin, a medical student. Wryce has first choice of them, but whichever is not chosen will be up for grabs once Wryce either selects one or declines. I'll start an IC thread for them later.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by Wryce »

Cool. I think I'll go with Steve Bell from the two new characters.

I also like the looks of Airman Marcus Winters and Dr. Edward Singh.

Will that be alright?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yup, that's fine. You've got them. Keep in mind that you'll need to catch up on the latter two. Marcus Winters was added in Chapter 5, but Edward Singh was added in Chapter 4. In each chapter's subforum, the Locations and Weapons thread has a list of hyperlinks next to each character's name. You can use these to determine what you need to read. I'll send you secrets for all three characters, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Then I'll start an IC thread for the new characters.

Anyone who does not already have a character in Sword and still has a slot open may now claim Caitlin Bell.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Wryce, I've sent you your secrets and put up an IC thread for Steve and Caitlin. You may post when ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Duck_and_Cover
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

Hey! I was wondering if there were any open characters? I am really eager to try this out. Just started playing COC a few months ago and really enjoyed it and I also love zombies so it's win win for me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Duck_and_Cover! Yes, there are plenty of characters available. You can have a look through the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 6 subforum to see which ones are still available. In general, if they're not already dead or played by a player, or if the player is listed at the top as MIA, they are up for grabs, though there are a couple of exceptions. You may pick one or more of them, and you may also create one or two of your own by following the instructions in the next-to-last post in the Rules and Guidelines thread. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Duck_and_Cover
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Duck_and_Cover »

Hey I looked through the character sheets and I was wondering if I could play as Brian Stevenson?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, he's yours. Have fun! Keep in mind that you may play more than one character. You should check the Locations and Weapons thread in Chapter 5 to find hyperlinks to catch up on what he did in that chapter first. He didn't come along until near the end of that chapter, so there isn't much there. Then do the same for Chapter 6 so far, which will be a lot more reading. I'll send you Brian's secrets in a PM. Once you've read them and caught up, you may start posting in Brian's current thread, Prisoners. He's currently boarding up the front door, but he'll be done in a couple of turns.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MLKane
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by MLKane »

Hey I think I'll take Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew and Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez for now, then maybe create a new for Omaha at the start of the next chapter :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Okay, they're both yours. You should catch up on what they've done in Chapters 5 and 6 by following the hyperlinks next to their names in the Locations and Weapons threads in the appropriate subfora. I've already sent you their secrets, which you should read first. Once you've caught up, you may began posting for them in their current IC threads if you wish, though there's nothing they need to do at the present time. They may still converse with those around them. Raymond Crew is on the roof with Major Stone and the sniper teams, and Jessica Valdez is in the women's isolation ward with the female staff and civilians.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

CHAPTER SEVEN

OMAHA

Jimmy "AK" Kowalski , Car delivery Driver, company operating out of Denver. (Christian name: Krzysztof changed to Jimmy when on the driving circuit.)

Ex cop, ex military. Former professional road racer. Seriously injured in Daytona NASCAR eighteen years ago.

Age, 39. Sex, Male. Race, Caucasian. Height,six foot two Weight, 195 pounds. Hair, blond. Colour of eyes, Blue. Complexion, fair. Distinguishing marks: large scar across chest, minor scars disseminated on head, arms and legs.

Born, San Francisco. Polish parents, both deceased. No next of kin. No formal education.

Substance abuse: Speed

Enlisted US Army Service in the Gulf war.

Wounded on a mission in Afghanistan.

Honourable discharge from the Army ten years ago.

Medal of honour for bravery in battle.

Entered San Diego Police Force six years ago Twice promoted Detective first class four years ago.

Dishonourable discharge ********classified documents available authorized personnel only******** [insubordination for helping a female snitch, while on a drug case, from being raped by Kowalski´s partner and senior officer.]

Demolition derby driver, auto clown last three years.

Driving license suspended as of last year...

Previous failure to submit to alcohol level tests.

Other driving jobs the last year.

Additional data - None

Girl friend Vera Thornton died on a surfing mishap five years ago.

OOC:
If this character is plausible, it would be fun to play him. When the whole thing went down he was delivering a car from a location taking him through Omaha. Make and model of his current vehicle - UNKNOWN.
Destination San Fransisco to see his mentor. Hoping he´s alive. (A Robert Duvall type of guy..)

I´ll roll up the stats and skills if I´m allowed to use this concept.

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
He-who-is-Expendable
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by He-who-is-Expendable »

hy all! I choose all three Members of USAF strike force Alpha

USAF Characters - Strike Force Alpha (Chapter 7):
Major Nelson Harris - USAF Security Forces Age:31
Played by Keeper
Str 13 Con 15 Siz 12 Dex 14 App 7 Int 13 Pow 11 Edu 16 HP 14 San 45
Know 80, Idea 65, Luck 55
Damage bonus +1d4
Skills- Accounting 50%, Bargain 40%, Credit Rating 35%, Dodge 53%, Law 25%, Listen 60%, Navigate 55%, Own Language: English 80%, Persuade 75%, Psychology 65%, Spot Hidden 55%
Attacks- M9 9mm automatic pistol 60% 1d10, Combat knife 55% 1d4+2+1d4, Fist/Punch 60% 1d3+1d4.
Nelson has a Class II Kevlar vest (8 HP) and Kevlar helmet (5 HP).

Major Nelson Harris is an elite officer in the USAF Security Forces stationed at Warren Air Force Base. A decorated veteran, this tough leader takes his job very seriously.

"We must accomplish our mission at all costs."

Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive - USAF Military Police Age:31
Str 15 Con 13 Siz 12 Dex 14 App 8 Int 14 Pow 9 Edu 16 HP 13 San 45
Know 80, Idea 70, Luck 45
Damage bonus +1d4
Skills- Accounting 30%, Bargain 30%, Credit Rating 30%, Dodge 64%, Fast Talk 55%, First Aid 60%, Law 30%, Listen 40%, Martial Arts(Mixed) 65%, Own Language:English 80%, Psychology 55%, Spot Hidden 35%
Attacks- M9 9mm automatic pistol 50% 1d10, M4 5.56mm NATO carbine 50% 2d8, Baton 35% 1d6+1d4, Fist/Punch 65% 1d3+1d4, Grapple 65%.
Larry has a Class II Kevlar vest (8 HP) and Kevlar helmet (5 HP).

Staff Sergeant Larry Dauterive is a strong, tough military policeman from the bayous of Louisiana. He is highly skilled at unarmed combat, but he isn't bad with firearms.

"Y'all leave this to me."

Airman Kevin Osbourne - USAF Security Forces Age:21
Str 10 Con 12 Siz 13 Dex 17 App 9 Int 14 Pow 10 Edu 15 HP 13 San 40
Know 75, Idea 70, Luck 50
Damage bonus +0
Skills- Climb 65%, Dodge 64%, First Aid 55%, Hide 55%, Listen 65%, Mechanical Repair 50%, Own Language: English 75%, Sneak 55%, Spot Hidden 70%, Throw 60%
Attacks- M9 9mm automatic pistol 55% 1d10, M21 7.62mm NATO Springfield Armory sniper rifle with scope and bipod 75% 2d6+4, Commando knife 60% 1d4+2, Hand grenade 60% 4d6/4y, Smoke grenade 60%.
Kevin has a Class II Kevlar vest (8 HP) and Kevlar helmet (5 HP).

Kevin Osbourne is a wiry, agile sharpshooter in the USAF Security Forces at Warren Air Force Base. He prides himself on his accuarcy, and he has been very busy helping with the base's defense by picking off targets from a safe distance.

"One shot, one kill."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi and welcome HWIE (Hewie)!

I think you are right in picking three characters. But... the general idea with multiple characters is that they are supposed to be in three different locations. The situation could have worked, should SFA been divided in three teams heading for three destinations. Now I believe that´s not the case right now. (Well, I know nothing of SFA but it´s my educated guess.)
I´d advise to stick to one of the characters. The one that speaks to you the most.

Then, have a look at the other destinations.OMAHA, SWORD, GOLD. (I think the SFA is in GOLD)
As a beginner, I think you should have a go with one character and add more as you get comfortable with running your first.

This is just friendly advice and I once again say: Welcome!

/ Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”