Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Slenderman
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion

Post by Slenderman »

Ill raise Hide and Conceal both from 40% to 45%. My quote will be "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" Ennis doesnt speak latin but was taught by his uncle to recit this after every kill. It means "In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've posted your character sheet and made one more correction. Your HP total is 13 (the average of your CON and SIZ), not 14. I didn't have time tonight to add you to the locations and weapons thread, but I'll do that when I have the chance and also PM you your character's secrets. It may not be until next weekend when I start your thread, as I'm out of time tonight and I have little time during the week. I didn't even have time to update the threads for the existing players, but I'll do that as soon as I can.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Slenderman
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by Slenderman »

Ok, Thats all fine. Thanks for helping out!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Your thread (Luck of the Irish)) is now up, and you may post when ready. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Hi Mr Handy, I think I'd like to begin with one character and see how it goes. My choice is Oficer Jerome Hooper.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Good choice, and he's now yours! He is wounded, but his wound was treated somewhat. He will want to find a doctor to help him heal further. I'll send you his secrets in a PM sometime on Sunday. In the meantime, you can get started reading what he's done so far in Chapter 7. The top post in the Locations and Weapons thread has a list of hyperlinks by his name that will take you through his story. In that thread's lower post, you can see his weapons, ammo, and armor. You'll start by reading Dawn, switch over to Warpath when instructed, and finally go to Breach! when that thread tells you to do so. Do not read the other IC threads that don't involve your character. Once you've caught up and have read your secrets, you may start posting in Breach! when you're ready. Hopefully Syrinx and Laraqua will start posting in this game again, as they have characters in that thread too. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Stiltzkin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Stiltzkin »

If he's available, I'd be interested in taking over Captain Nils Johansen, M.D for the duration of his continuedability to live.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! He was added in Chapter 4, which means you have a lot of catching up to do. His Sanity has also taken a big hit, and he's wounded. If you're still sure you want to play him, you can find hyperlinked lists of his threads in the Locations and Weapons threads in each of the subforums for Chapters 4 through 7. You should read those threads in order, and no other IC threads. Also, you should only read the portions of the threads where he is present (each thread will have a link when he moves to a new thread). If you confirm you want him, I'll send you his secrets. His current thread in Chapter 7 is The Wounded, and that one is fairly short.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Hunter
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 4 months

Post by The Hunter »

Name: Colby Torres

Nationality: Mixed Caucasian-Hispanic

Hit points:9
Magic points:10
Sanity points:50

Str:8
Con:9
Pow:10
Dex:6
App:10
Int:10
Size:9
Ed:13
Rolling for stats STR, CON, POW, DEX, and APP. (3d6=8, 3d6=10, 3d6=6, 3d6=9, 3d6=10)
Roll for stats SIZ and INT. (2d6+6=9, 2d6+6=10)
Roll for stat EDU. (3d6+3=13)

Know:65%
Luck:50%
Idea:50%

Quote: "You're telling me that if you had a computer at hand and the chance to take peak into the internal network of one of the biggest web hosting providers without getting caught you could resist the temptation?"

Appearance and Personality
Colby's life has never really quite been easy. Born to a poor Texan family, he was never one of the popular kids, not extremely good looking nor athletic, and wasn't the brightest kid in school. He's rather small, only about 5' 6" or 5' 7" and lightly framed, not sporting much in the way of muscle. His black hair is shaven close to his scalp and he sports a small black mustache. But, he did have a knack for how electronics and mechanics worked. Not having much in the way of money to buy the things he wanted, he started out with his experiments small, built and revamped them, and then traded them off for something new to work on. Not very sociable but quick to talk his way out of trouble or make a bargain, he deals with people when he has to. Preferring to tinker or play with his computers. He has a bit of mischievous side and is known for doing things "just because he wanted to see if he could." He's neither a criminal nor a good samaritan, he just lives his life with the cards that are dealt to him based on luck and his decisions (which are usually driven by a new challenge or fun).

Background
Colby Torres' family wasn't a very powerful one, rich one, or well known one. He was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. He spent most of his childhood and teen years dodging people in general. He'd seen his fair share of bullying and wasn't very sociable with the non-bullies. He barely made it through his high school years and his cyber delinquencies (among others including automobiles) have gotten him in trouble more often than not. It was actual do to his recent hacking exploits that he was given a choice, and he chose the military (much better than the alternative he was given). He was able to get into the AirForce working as a computer technician just a few months ago (by the skin of his teeth due to various reasons). He'd been careful to keep his head low and try to keep his spontaneous desires for challenge to a minimum since starting, since that's what got him here in the first place.

Skills
Bold skills are occupational. Dotted skills are hobby skills.

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
.Bargain (05%): 50%
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Computer Use (01%): 60%
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Silent Hill Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX x 2%): 12%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%): 50%
Electronics (01%): 60%
Fast Talk (05%): 50%
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%)
.Mechanical Repair (20%): 50%
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):60%
Occult (05%):
Operate Heavy Machinery (01%): 50
Other Language (01%):
Own Language: English (EDU x 65%):
.Other Language: Spanish (0.1%): 34%
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychotherapy (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment
-set of civilian clothes (including leather belt and sneakers
-uniform (including belt and boots)
-Android smartphone
-digital watch
-personal laptop
-tools (for both electronics and mechanics)
-backpack
-radio/police scanner
-portable storage disk (flash drive)?

So hopefully everything looks good. As far as equipment goes, I was just kinda shooting in the dark in the things that my character would have or would like to have. I know you stated that you'd tell us specifically some of the other things that we'd have as well so I didn't want to overstep things as far as equipment went.
I have an idea...it starts with "S" and ends with "litting your throat."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Your character looks good, and I'll add him to the Character Sheets thread. The equipment you have listed is no problem, and in addition you'll have been issued a 9mm pistol and a few spare magazines. I hope to get your IC thread up and running tonight, and that will summarize what has happened so far. I'll also need to PM you your character's secrets. Once you've read those and your thread appears, you can begin posting in it when you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're all set! You're in the thread Nerve Center, and you should read the whole thing. Colby has been working there the whole time, so he observed everything that happened there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by johnson41996 »

hello mr. handy, so how do i go about doing this?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

This post has full instructions for character creation. The instructions for Invsible Castle are out of date, however, and that site has been down for some time anyway, so you can use the forum's built-in dice roller to roll your stats. You have the option of placing your character in either the Gold section (Warren Air Force Base) or the Omaha section (Omaha, Nebraska). Keep in mind that this is only the second day of the Zombie Apocalypse. You're free to determine your character's background before that point, but I'll let you know what has happened in the last day or so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by johnson41996 »

Awesome:-)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”