IC: Scene 12 - Day 3 Begins

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 12 - Day 3 Begins

Post by amarriner »

Arkham
Wednesday June 8th 1927, 7:00am

Sunrise over Arkham. There seems to be an energy about the city even at this early hour. Shouts ring out in the streets, police sirens fill the air, and people are rushing to and fro even in the most calm of corners of town. Newspapers slap hard and loud against front steps. Those who crack their doors to let the garish sun into their dark homes and grab the periodical read the following:
Arkham Gazette for June 8th, 1927 wrote: MURDER!
It was with shock that one Georgia Smith telephoned the police early this morning and reported the murder of her employer Mrs. Nina Williams Hope. Ms. Smith arrived at the Hope house at 374 Curwen St to report to work this morning and found Mrs. Hope dead on the floor of her living room. The murder weapon is apparently a fireplace poker. Adding to the gruesomness of the attack was the fact that the murderer apparently carved the number "1" into Mrs. Hope's forehead.

Motive has not yet been settled on, but some cash and jewelry were stolen and Mrs. Hope's personal library appears to have been ransacked.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: IC: Scene 12 - Day 3 Begins

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Arch sits in his home drinking a morning cup of red tea, his favorite. Opening the newspaper he recently recieved, he shoots forward almost letting out a mouthful of tea. Bloody hell... He gets up and walks across the kitchen into his living room. There's quite a mess about the room, newspapers, photographs, and magazines scatter the area. Reaching the telephone, Arch lifts the reciever and dials Donald's number.

I assume I would have a telephone and some way of contacting Donald. Is this okay Amarriner?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

TakeSolo wrote:I assume I would have a telephone and some way of contacting Donald. Is this okay Amarriner?
Sure that's fine. Phone away. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

The phone rings on the other end as Arch waits for a response.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
As Donald returns from his morning jog around town he realizes that he totally ignored all the people running about shoutning due to some serious thinking he was doing. He picks up the newspaper on his doorstep and reads the headline while opening the door. Now he can't really recall what he was thinking about while running... Strange... Apparently having read the article while thinking about something else he hears the phone ring and hurries over, newspaper still in hand.

Lutherhagen...
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Donald, it's Arch. Did you see the morning paper?!
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Uh, I guess not, I just picked it up. Why, anything interesting? Donald scans the front page again... The headline jumps out at him immediately this time! Dear Lord! Have we met these people? You don't think it could have been our escapee do you? The color drains from his face as this thought reaches him...
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:Dear Lord! Have we met these people? You don't think it could have been our escapee do you?
Donald and Arch both briefly pause to think. Neither of them can remember ever meeting either person. They're both strangers as far as they know.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know, but it sure is a strange occurence, especially after everything else that's been happening lately. Think you could meet me somewhere?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Sure. I'll just take a shower and change and we can meet in an hour someplace in town.

let's not get into where exactly ;) just take us somewhere, you probably know Arkham better than we do :) Although I can pick from Arkham Horror locations :D like Hibbs Roadhouse :P
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Sounds good, I'll see you then.

Mmm Arkham Horror :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Miskatonic University
Library
Wednesday June 8th, 7:45 am

Donald and Arch decide to meet at the M.U. Library steps. They figure they can head over to Albert's office and bring him into the conversation if necessary. They didn't want to bother him just yet until they had a handle on what they were doing first.

I think Miss Scarlet is still MIA for now so I'll NPC Albert as necessary. I just didn't want to bring you to him first if you didn't want to talk to him yet. Just close enough to do so if you wanted to. :)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Wearing a faded black suit and pants, Arch adjusted his fedora and walked toward the Miskatonic University campus. His old shoes clicked on the sidewalk as he approached the library. The library looked in full swing as Arch approached the steps. He casually looked around for Donald, but no luck. He plopped down onto one of the steps, and reached into his pocket for a cigarette. He lit the end and took a deep breathe. It's gonna be a long day
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Arkham
Wednesday June 8th 1927, 7:00am

Rascee Timms
comes back from the morning stroll down the old saw mills´trail after having picked up the Gazette at the Butcher´s. He only used it for wrapping anyways... Timms sits down on the stairs leading up to the cabin´s porch. The article catches his attention. He reads it and discards the paper on the steps. Bloody murders every other day.... Can´t even walk the dog anymore before there´s a new dug grave out there. His mind goes back to the morning he helped out with that grave by the river. What would it be next? Deciding to not ponder more he grabs the large axe and starts with the morning´s wood chopping. He has a delivery to the asylum. They apparently needed heat, despite thewarm nights. Two carts the order had read. Whistling he gets to it.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
After his blistering hot shower, Donald jumps into some clothes and grabbing a hot cinnamon bun at the bakers, walks to the University Library. A chilly wind sweeps the street and is gone to harass other people on it's way to lower pressure levels. He sees people shivering on the sidewalks before him and buttoning their coats up just a little more. The air is calm once again and nothing but a squirrel stirs the leaves of the surrounding trees.
As he walks up to the Library he sees Arch intently searching the horizon with his eyes, presumably looking for something to photograph.
Good morning to you. What plans for today? Do we check on the Asylum or meet the man at the Historical Society? Lots of places to see, not many of us searchers left. Maybe we can call on Mr. Atkinson, the detective. He seemed quite intent to see this through. Shall we go find him? I think he worked with Stantonall or some other firm.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

When he finishes the last log he gets the first cart ready. The two turns would take him roughly forty minutes to deliver. At 9:20 AM he estimates it will be time for tea and scones at the bakery close to the Asylym. A habit from Klondike -07. (He still carried the nugget around his neck in a chain of twined silver.)

True to his estimation he arrives at the bakery by half past nine. Buff is panting by beside the chair Timms occupies on the outside serving area of Miss Pine´s Bakery.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

By the time Arch sees Donald approaching the Library, his freshly lit cigarette is down to its butt. He stomps the cigarette into the cement steps and rises to greet Donald while adjusting his tie.

I don't know, perhaps we can try calling up that Atkinson fellow, we could use an extra pair of eyes on this. You think it would be wise to try the old man again? I have a weird feeling about him, like he might know something. And right now, he's our only person left who was at the scene of the crime.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
To tell you the truth, I'd feel a bit out of place going there without the doctor with us. Maybe later. Let's find the detective and try the Historical Society maybe. The man told us to come today, didn't he. Let's oblige him.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Oh bugga', I forgot the man invited us back. Sounds okay to me. Let's make a phone call then.

do we have a car to use? any phones near by amarriner?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

Starting out early the next morning, Gregory puts in a call to Ms. Dumont for her to ask the client to reschedule next week. I have to wrap up this Cardigan business before anything else, he thinks irritably.

He strolls down to a nearby diner for a small breakfast and grabs a paper from the boy on the corner, ignoring the kid's jabbering about the latest something or another, too self-absorbed to pay any attention. He orders his customary coffee and danish and has a cigarette while waiting. Halfway through his second cup he opens the paper...

Atwater! he shouts, startling the other patrons, and bolts for the door, barely remembering to toss some money on the counter. I don't know why I know, but that crazy kid has killed another, it just can't be a coincidence! I better find Roberts quickly and look into this. God I hope I'm wrong.

Return to “The Condemned”