IC: Scene 10 - Arkham Historical Society

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: IC: Scene 10 - Arkham Historical Society

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Okay okay hold on, does anyone know what symbol this article is referring to?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

Samuel wrote:
amarriner wrote:Every group's gotta have their "by the books" guy ... :)

Hey, if I wanted to run off madly into the fight I'd spend the 6 grand or whatever to upgrade to DnD 4.0! I'm here to role play (and, as it turns out, continue my tradition of annoying Keepers/DMs/GMs by not jumping on the railroad). :twisted:
I'd like to point out that we are already one day in a Cthulhu game and nobody has actually died or gone completely insane yet. I'm all for the cautious approach. Let one of the believing PCs convince the skeptical ones.
Heh, not a problem, actually. I quite agree. I like the lesser focus on combat, and I like that there are some characters willing to believe and others who need some ... convincing. :) So suffice it to say, you're not annoying me at all. So far so good!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Well, maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but I still would like to go to the Sanitarium to talk with the doctor. And about that sign. I'm curious if it's still there...
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
zielonobrody wrote:Donald Lutherhagen
Well, maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but I still would like to go to the Sanitarium to talk with the doctor. And about that sign. I'm curious if it's still there...
Jack and I checked out the bridge, and I don't remember any sign on the pillar. It was really crumbled and worn away, I guess between the fire, the storms and time it has pretty much been obliterated.

I think it is time to go see the old man at the San and see what he has to say for himself. You can ask about the sign too, but i think we better concentrate on getting some real answers finally, I'm tired of not knowing what happened.

Jack's tone is one of determination, he's ready to get this over with and back to his practice.
I better put that french woman off until next week if this goes on any longer. I guess Ondine will have to call her.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Let's go then. No time to waste I guess. We might still get a chance to check out that marking on the bridge, or see some pictures if Mr. Ackland has any recent ones?
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Whether or not I have pictures is up to you ammariner. I would assume that I would have taking at least a handful of photos of the campsite and surrounding area. Also whether or not I exposed them is up to you too.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

OOC
Arch does have some pictures that are quite recent, but he doesn't recall seeing a mark or sign on the pillars at all. However, he seems to think that if the sign weren't very large it would be hard--impossible, perhaps--to see from the riverbank.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Alright lads, we better be off. Let's take a road trip. I have some snapshots of the bridge in the car we can take a look at.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
TakeSolo wrote:Arch Ackland

Alright lads, we better be off. Let's take a road trip. I have some snapshots of the bridge in the car we can take a look at.
Sounds like we're at a consensus, Keeper, let's go.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

After bidding adieu to Mrs. Putnam, the group heads back out to Albert's Ford where Arch looks through his valise for the pictures he'd mentioned. He has a set of fairly recent ones from the article everyone had read moments ago. It was a covered bridge, but these photos show only traces of that. What they do show, however, is the nearly fully intact central pillar. It rises out of the water all the way up to where the bridge proper is. Jack and Gregory notice immediately that this pillar is not in the same condition right now as is shown in the photo. They can't make out a sign or anything like that, but the pillar is definitely much different now than in these recent pictures. They remember the storm of the previous weekend and the note in the article about the locals saying the pillar "attracted lightning"...

Sorry about the delay, folks!

Return to “The Condemned”