IC: Scene 9 - Bijou Cafe Revisited

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 9 - Bijou Cafe Revisited

Post by amarriner »

Bijou Cafe
Tuesday June 7th, 1927 12:45pm

Greg, Jack, and their new acquaintance Arch head back to the Cafe in the hopes of meeting the others soon. The Gazette probably had held their best lead so far. Peabody at the Historical Society. They'd have to check in with him at some point.

Presently, the see Albert's Ford swing by and park around the corner. Albert, Donald and Mickey pile out of the car and meet them at their table on the sidewalk.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC: Scene 9 - Bijou Cafe Revisited

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

Gregory makes the introductions around, and then quickly relates the lack of success he and Jack have had, and mentions Peabody as the only lead.
We aren't doing too well guys. First we find Cardigan dead, then the only two possible witnesses disappear. We gotta catch a break, and soon. How did your investigations pay off?
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

After being introduced to the others, Arch takes a seat at the nearest outside table. As he listens, he attempts to flag down a waitress and order a coffee. Black.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Arriving at the cafe, Winston sees Greg, Jack and a new guy seat at the table with them. He parks his car and steps out followed by Donald and Mickey.

Greg introduces them to Arch Ackland, a photographer from the Arkham Gazette.

We also didn't have much luck. Henry didn't go back to the University and the dorms. We tried the Library to check on the books he usually use there, because he mentioned a book when we met him at the Sanitarium, but nothing special. At least the University Security is warned about him and they will let us know if he goes back there.

And about you, what did you find at the Gazette?

OOC: Please master corrects me if I'm wrong, but only Henry Atwater is missing. The old man found beneath Cardigan's body was taken first to the Hospital and now transferred to the Sanitarium. Winston asked Hardstrom to take care of him and later he can go there to try talking to him and see if he can find anything about what happened.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Yep, I've nothing to add. We didn't find anything at the U.

To the waitress.

Might you perchance have some Sencha tea and a slice of cheesecake? I'd love some, please.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

(If the waitress accepted the order and returned with the coffee) Arch pulls out a cigarette and lights up. He sips his coffee and enjoys the view, looking at the people passing by on the street. After a moment, he turns to the others. So let me get this straight. Both Atwater and the old man are missing? If so, what happened to the old man?!
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
OOC: I was wrong, the old man is just unavailable to speak to, not missing. It has been a bit since that time, and I some how got it in my head that both were missing. Please excuse my mistake and we shall move on.
Gregory orders a chicken salad sandwich and black coffee, with one of those new cocktails that everyone is raving about, a "martini", on the side.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Well, what about you? Did you find anything worth mentioning? I seem to recall a shovel being mentioned in one of the gazettes. Any new info?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald
well come on people. don't wait for the coffe or whatever you ordered, out with it. i'm getting a bit impatient.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

The waitress comes around after a short time and takes everyone's order. Presently their food and drink comes around. It's a nice summer day out, with a cool breeze blowing. After the irritation of hitting a lot of dead ends--except perhaps for the Historical Society--it's nice to just unwind a bit.

Correct, just Atwater is missing. The old man is still at the Sanitarium, and you can try to visit him anytime you'd like. He may or may not have much to say depending on the situation. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Arch takes the last sip of his coffee like it was his oxygen. I wouldn't mind going for a gander at the old historical society. Those wankers at the Sanitarium didn't seem to want anyone near that place. Unless you guys think you would be able to squeeze in there again.

OOC: I'm not British, but I'm trying to at least use some British slang. I hope I don't sound too dumb! By the way, I don't think I understand who this guy we are visiting at the Historical Society is. Where does he fit in exactly?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

The campsite had nothing new to show us, then we took the route back across the old bridge to see if perhaps they had used that route at any point, no luck there either. The reporter had nothing new to add either, but mentioned a man named Peabody who seems to know a lot of local history.

I guess all we have left is for someone to talk to the old man we found under Cardigan. I can't see what Peabody could tell us that would be useful, but the reporter seemed adamant about us seeing him.

You guys have any thoughts?

I know Peabody is an important lead, but I can't see how Gregory would think so just yet. Nothing supernatural has happened as far as he is concerned, and nothing about the history of the place seems relevant. Can anyone see a way to work this in without breaking character?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Well that's just tough luck right now. We seem to be hitting a bit of a dead spot. We were supposed to go back to the Sanitarium I think to try to talk to the old man if the doc would let us. So presently I think we don't have anything better to do than go see the history man.
After a thought... About that bridge. I didn't notice any bridge near the campsite.

I thought the bridge was out of order. That it was no more than a pillar on the other side of the river. Fill me in please :)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Turning to Gregory Does anyone know who this old man is? He waits for a response, then - I'll gladly talk to the chap down the Historical Society. The Sanitarium didn't seem to want photographers around.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
TakeSolo wrote:Arch Ackland
Turning to Gregory Does anyone know who this old man is? He waits for a response, then - I'll gladly talk to the chap down the Historical Society. The Sanitarium didn't seem to want photographers around.
We haven't been able to get a word out of the old man just yet.

I think Dr. Winston should be the one to go to the San again, Jack and I did not make the best impression our first time there. I suppose I'll also go to see Peabody, unless someone else any ideas?
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

To Gregory That sounds good to me, I'll go along with you.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

We could check out the other side of the bridge. If they didn't cross it because it's collapsed, maybe they swam over?
I informed myself since nobody seems to be interested in telling Donald about the bridge. sheesh...
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

To Donald Perhaps we should cover as much ground as possible and meet back somewhere? Gregory and I can question Peabody, the Dr. and someone else can talk to the old man, and perhaps you and someone else can check out the bridge. Arch checks his watch for the time.

ooc: I'm just as lost as you brody, I just joined. ;)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
I think I've had enough of this splitting up, but I won't say no. There's not enough of us to go around three places. I don't have a car, I'll just go with Dr. Winston wherever we decide. It's nice out still so I guess we could head out to the bridge on the other side of the river see what we can find. I just remembered the tracks leading away from the Sanitarium. We should definitely go check them out before they disappear.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Alright, I'll just do whatever you guys decide...

Return to “The Condemned”