IC: Scene 9 - Bijou Cafe Revisited

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC: Scene 9 - Bijou Cafe Revisited

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston remains in silence. He was thinking about what had happened until now and didn't pay much attention to the discussion at the table, but he got a few points.

Very well gentlemen. What we have here. Two students went camping and one came back with memory loss, Henry Atwater, and the other one was found dead, Richard Cardigan. Henry was taken to the Sanitarium and we went to see him there, but last night he escaped...

Under Richard's body we found an old man. He is in very bad shape. He was transfer today to the Sanitarium where they hope he could have a better recover, but we shouldn't put our hopes in that. He's an old man, his condition is not good, and we should give him more time to recover before we try to talk to him. I have asked Dr. Hardstrom if he had any news on the old man he send me a message, and I intend to go to the Sanitarium late this afternoon to see if there is something new. If any of you want to come with me you are welcome.

But for now, I think this "bridge" story interesting. Remember the words Henry said when we went to the Sanitarium to see him: River ... water ... lightning ... old ... tent ... them ... power ... book. Maybe there is some old story about the river and the bridge. Maybe it has nothing to do with what has happened with the two students, but something tell me that could at least be interesting to talk to Dr. Peabody from the Historical Society. I would like to go there now. I think this could be a good option for us now. Unfortunately we can't make time move faster than we want...
He concludes with a smile meaning that they have to give time for people to recover, for facts to be searched...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Ah, well I say, that's a logical mind. I concur. Let's go see this Peabody person. I would have never thought of connecting history with what we heard from the boy. Donald drifts away into thought and mindlessly finishes his tea and cake, his eyes searching some distant place...
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland
Has anyone thought about the idea that Atwater and his mate were out on a bit of a bender and got plastered? Did anyone check for any illegal substances at the campsite?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
TakeSolo wrote:Arch Ackland
Has anyone thought about the idea that Atwater and his mate were out on a bit of a bender and got plastered? Did anyone check for any illegal substances at the campsite?
Good thought, Mr. Ackland, a bout of bad bathtub gin could kill and cause madness or memory loss. Perhaps the old man was some sort of bootlegger or supplier. If the crows got a taste of that stuff, it might explain their aggressiveness. I didn't see any empty bottles or such personally, but then again I was deeply shocked by the sight of the dead boy and all. Did anyone else see anything?

Gregory would rather find a logical explanation for things, so he may cling to this line of thought, being a logical lawyer and all.

Continuing: I can't see what the history of the town could have to do with things, but perhaps Peabody knows of bootleg activity in the area, being interested in local happenings and all... I guess it couldn't hurt to pay him a visit, but my there are quite a few of us right now!
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by TakeSolo »

Arch Ackland

Arch slips out his last cigarette and curses under his breathe. He lights it, and slips his lighter in his pocket. You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if our boy and his mate got a bit too pissed for their own good. What if someone slipped them something?

Return to “The Condemned”