IC: Scene 7b - Miskatonic U, June 7th

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 7b - Miskatonic U, June 7th

Post by amarriner »

Miskatonic University
Tuesday June 7th, 1927 10:05am

Albert, Donald, and Mickey drive over to M.U. from the Sanitarium to see if they can find out any more information on Atwater. Albert parks the big ford and they all head over to Albert's office to decide their next move. Miss Dalton is at her desk, but the rest of the suite of offices is empty.

Oh, good morning, Doctor Winston! I hadn't seen you much these past two days. The students keeping you busy? she asks.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC: Scene 7b - Miskatonic U, June 7th

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Good morning Miss Dalton. It's this case about Richard Cardigan and Henry Atwater. I've been collaborating with Dr. Hardstrom from the Arkham Sanitarium.

Is there anything urgent that I have to take care, because I'd really like if you could clear my agenda for another day or two.

And talking about this case, could you check for me if Henry Atwater has appeared in any class here at MU? He left the Asylum and we don't know where he can be. Oh! If it's possible could we alert the security in case he comes here? We'd like to know how is he doing, if he's feeling better...
Albert passes all these information for his secretary, hoping she can help him as usual.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Oh my! I read about Mr. Atwater in the Gazette this morning! How exciting!

I'll certainly clear your schedule, Doctor. Shouldn't be too difficult this time of year. I'll head over to the Registrar and see if Atwater has shown up today. I'll also ask them to alert security and see if he's been here. I haven't heard anything as yet, at any rate.

Give me about 25 minutes, Dr. Winston, and I'll let you know if I find anything.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Thank you Miss Dalton, you are wonderful!

Then Winston turns to Donald and Mickey. Is there anything you want to do before Miss Dalton gets all the information? I'll check my appointments and do whatever I have to do to clear my schedule. He'll check the papers over his table and take care of the more important while he waits for his secretary.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald
We can try his apartment.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Do you mean the dorms or should we look for his address here in Arkham?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald
Yes, I was thinking about his dorm room. We should check if he went there. Maybe he had something to retrieve from there.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Do you mind if you go there? I'd rather stay here and finish whatever I can, and wait for Miss Dalton. You could go there with Mickey and check it out. Winston suggests.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Well I think the information Miss Dalton will bring back won't be going anywhere. If they've seen him, he's probably gone far anyway. But if you need to stay, I'll go with Mickey. See you in a few.
Donald will head off to the dorm administration, unless Mickey knows where to find Atwater's dorm.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

OOC: I think we can consider Mickey goes with Donald to Atwater's dorm. He knows where it is, he had mentioned it before (I think he went there to find out if Henry was back or not, he knew Henry went camping with Richard).
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Well, Mickey didn't know Atwater so he doesn't know where his room is, but Donald can find out so the two of them can go to Atwater's dorm.

Donald & Mickey
Donald, after getting Atwater's information from the residence staff, leads Mickey over to Dormitory West where Atwater lives. They make it to Room 110 and knock on the door. At first, no one responds, but after a few moments a bleary-eyed college student opens the door.

Yeah? Who're you guys?

Albert
About ten minutes after Donald and Mickey leave, Miss Dalton returns to Albert's office. Well, the Registrar hasn't heard anything about Atwater being on campus. The police had just phoned him, apparently, so he's only recently become aware of the situation. Don't quite know how that's possible given the hoopla in the papers, but that's the case! So he hasn't been seen on campus by any of the administration. They've alerted security, though. I asked them to tell me if they see him and I'll let you know, Doctor if I hear anything.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Thank you very much Miss Dalton. Let's hope for the better. All this situations has been strange, to say the least... One boy dead another one disappeared...

Well, I'll finish what I can from my desk then I'll let the rest with you. You know how to find me if you need. You have my telephone number at home. But I'll still have my classes, just will reduce the time at office. Of course, I'll compensate everything later.
And Winston goes back to work while Donald and Mickey look for Atwater's room.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

amarriner wrote:Well, Mickey didn't know Atwater so he doesn't know where his room is, but Donald can find out so the two of them can go to Atwater's dorm.

Donald & Mickey
Donald, after getting Atwater's information from the residence staff, leads Mickey over to Dormitory West where Atwater lives. They make it to Room 110 and knock on the door. At first, no one responds, but after a few moments a bleary-eyed college student opens the door.

Yeah? Who're you guys?
This is professor Lutherhagen. May I have a word?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:This is professor Lutherhagen. May I have a word?
Yeah, sure thing professor ... err ... do I know you? The kid rubs sleep from his eyes and appears to have just recently woken up.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

amarriner wrote:Yeah, sure thing professor ... err ... do I know you? The kid rubs sleep from his eyes and appears to have just recently woken up.
Does Donald recognize him?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:
amarriner wrote:Yeah, sure thing professor ... err ... do I know you? The kid rubs sleep from his eyes and appears to have just recently woken up.
Does Donald recognize him?
Nope, just a random MU student who happens to be Atwater's roommate.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Um... No, I don't think so. I was actually looking for Henry Atwater. Is he around?

If the answer is negative:
Oh... Do you mind if I ask you a question or two about him? What's he been up to lately?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:Um... No, I don't think so. I was actually looking for Henry Atwater. Is he around?

If the answer is negative:
Oh... Do you mind if I ask you a question or two about him? What's he been up to lately?
Sure, ask all you want. I haven't seen him in a few days, now that you mention it. He's usually pretty busy with one thing or another. Kinda a goody-two-shoes, if you know what I mean. He's probably studying in the library or volunteering somewhere. Good guy, I guess, but a little dull.

What's he been up to? Not too much out of the ordinary that I'm aware of. He was supposed to go camping last weekend with a buddy of his, but I haven't seen him since then. Kinda weird, now that I think about it.

Obviously this kid doesn't read the papers ...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald
Well, to tell you the truth, he was sent to the Sanitarium after that camping trip. He seems to have escaped last night. We're looking for him. Do you have any idea where he could have gone?
Donald remembers part of the phrase Henry was repeating yesterday.
Book! Do you perhaps remember him reading any strange books lately? Do you have any idea where he usually went outside the Uni grounds? Any information you think could help us locate him would be a great asset to us.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Gee, sanitarium, huh? Wow ... man I had no idea!

Sorry, I really don't know much about the guy. This was our first semester living together. Like I said, he spent a lot of time at the library, but I think he was just studying there. Pretty normal guy, really. Just a little boring, in my opinion. Nah, I don't remember him reading any odd books. Just the usual school stuff, you know?

Sorry for the delay. Been a very busy couple of days!

Return to “The Condemned”