IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Post by amarriner »

Arkham Sanitarium
Tuesday June 7, 1927 9:10 am

Donald turns the corner of Peabody and strides onto Derby bringing Arkham Sanitarium into full view. The weather is very warm even early in the morning, but he enjoys it and the walk from the University was excellent exercise. As he nears the Asylum, Donald notices a lot of activity. Much more than he anticipated. There are several police cars and from what he can gather quite a few press folks around the open gates.

Once he finally reaches the entrance he sees the two factions talking hurredly and excitedly to one another. Some people go in and out of the building, some are kept out by the police. Before he gets too far, Donald sees a cab pull up and out of it spill Gregory and Jack.

Mickey and Albert will arrive shortly. I'll wait for a Gregory and Donald to post a couple of times and then the other two will show up.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Well good morning to you sirs! Shall we go in and find out what all the commotion is about?
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
zielonobrody wrote:Donald Lutherhagen

Well good morning to you sirs! Shall we go in and find out what all the commotion is about?
Excitedly: Lutherhagen, the Atwater kid escaped last night, we have to find out what is going on!
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

A bit dumbfounded by this declaration, Donald's jaw drops open and he just nods in response, a shocked look to his face and his eyes seeming to be looking into some other dimension, but clearly not at his surroundings.
Escaped..? Why, where, from what? He's just a kid...
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Meanwhile Donald and Gregory are talking, Winston arrives with Mickey.

Seeing both there, Albert goes in their direction.

Good morning. I'm assuming you have heard the news about the young Atwater. I couldn't find more than what is in the newspaper today. Reporters and the Police didn't leave much space for the staff to work, so I decide to come in and try to talk to Dr. Hardstrom to find out more details.

And by the way, the old man we found yesterday at the bank of the river is being transferred to the Sanitarium.
He completes to give the others the information he got.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Albert tries to make his way through the throng of police and press. Surprisingly not many people try to stop him. He walks up the steps to the Sanitarium and into the huge building before finally hitting a barrier. Detective Stuckey is here again. Mornin' Doc. I suppose you're here to see Hardstrom. Can't let you see him just yet. Maybe in a few minutes, though. We're still interviewing him. Should be done shortly, though. He was actually asking for you, too. We might have some questions for you and your friends when we're done with the Doctor.

Mickey follows Albert in. Donald and Gregory can come with him, too, or work the outside of the Asylum.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

No problem, Detective. Anytime you want to talk, but could we wait in the waiting room? It'll be more comfortable. He asks.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

Due to he and Jack's last run in with Hardstrom, Gregory is relieved that Winston made it, and he is content to let him take the lead inside the hospital.

To Jack: Why don't you see if one of your friends on the force is around, and find out where the kid's room was and how he escaped. Maybe we can pick up some clues they missed....

Gregory will take a stroll around the perimeter of the main building keeping his eyes open for clues.

Let me know if and when any Spot Hidden rolls are needed, hopefully Jack or someone else with a better chance will help out or go over the same ground.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Gregory will take a stroll around the perimeter of the main building keeping his eyes open for clues.
I'll go with you. I don't really feel comfortable going in there.

Sorry. I guess I wasn't in the mood for in depth roleplaying. sorry if I kept the game up.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:Sorry. I guess I wasn't in the mood for in depth roleplaying. sorry if I kept the game up.
Not at all! I just don't want to keep moving you guys from place to place without ample opportunity to post and use your characters to their fullest.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Samuel wrote:Gregory will take a stroll around the perimeter of the main building keeping his eyes open for clues.

Let me know if and when any Spot Hidden rolls are needed, hopefully Jack or someone else with a better chance will help out or go over the same ground.
Jack heads off into the throng of cops leaving Gregory and Donald to themselves. They begin a slow walk around the perimeter of the Asylum. Huge, thick walls tower over them and block out the sun putting them in shadow. Both of them get a chill up their spines as they move around the building.

Yeah both of you roll Spot Hidden

Miss Scarlet wrote:No problem, Detective. Anytime you want to talk, but could we wait in the waiting room? It'll be more comfortable. He asks.
Sure thing, Doc. Let's go. Stuckey leads Albert down a short hallway and into a small room with several chairs. It's quite here as opposed to the din of people shouting outside so it puts Albert a bit more at ease. So what are you here for, Doc? What do you know about the Atwater kid? I know we spoke yesterday, but that was before he split on us. I'd like you to tell me everything you know ...
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston
Detective Stuckey wrote:So what are you here for, Doc? What do you know about the Atwater kid? I know we spoke yesterday, but that was before he split on us. I'd like you to tell me everything you know ...
Well Detective, I don't know Henry Atwater very well. I know he's a student of the Miskatonic and a friend of Richard Cardigan. Richard was in my class and when he missed, another student Mickey O'Dwyar came to my office to ask my help.

He knew Richard went camping with Henry and we found out Henry was here. As a psychiatrist I know Dr. Hardstrom, the director of the Asylum. And I came here to talk to him about Henry. He was so kind to allow me to talk to the boy.

He was incoherent, he spoke about lightning, but he had no sign of being hit by a lightning. I thought he could have been traumatizing by seeing Richard being stricken by a lightning. The only words we could get from him were "River ... water ... lightning ... old ... tent ... them ... power ... book". I didn't know what they mean... I could guess he was by the river (with water) and saw a lightning. But the other words don't make any sense for me. I couldn't find anything about any book...

My only conclusions are that he was not stricken by a lightning, but something related to one traumatized him. He had no physical problem, only his mental condition was affected.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1549317/

Needed a 25, rolled 26, I finally get a good roll, and it is just one too high, sigh.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Although a bit frustrated and deconcentrated by the news, Donald quickly falls into the rythm of looking for clues. This is just like picking mushrooms when I was little...

4! :D
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Inside
Stuckey listens as Albert speaks. He seems to be very suspicious of Winston and Mickey. They get the feeling he suspects them of some wrongdoing. Uh huh. So you two wouldn't have any idea why this Atwater kid would want to escape would you? Sounds like Hardstrom shouldn't have let him off sedation after all, huh? Mickey keeps quiet, and Albert is a bit offended by the cop's tone.

Outside
Gregory and Donald scour the perimeter of the Asylum for clues. Not a whole heck of a lot is presenting itself, however. It's a warm morning, and the ground is a little soft because there were some light rains last night. With their backs to the west side of the building, suddenly Donald stands upright and looks straight ahead. He walks over to a patch of ground just under a huge oak tree. It more damp than the rest of the soil in the area and he can just make out some faint footprints moving away from the building in the mud. Apparently the police haven't gotten around to searching the grounds of the Sanitarium yet ...
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston
Detective Stuckey wrote:Uh huh. So you two wouldn't have any idea why this Atwater kid would want to escape would you? Sounds like Hardstrom shouldn't have let him off sedation after all, huh?
Detective Stuckey, Dr. Hardstrom is very, very respected doctor and psychiatrist. He wouldn't be in his position, as Director of this institution if it wasn't so. If Dr. Hardstrom thought he could reduce the medication for Henry, it's because he thought it was the best for the patient, which I agree with him, for a simple reason. In his state of mind he couldn't do much. You may not believe in us, but you can consult any psychiatrist that review Atwater's file and he will agree with what was done. Winston takes a deep breath to regain his calm. He was more offended by the fact the Detective doubted Hardstrom diagnosis than because he might be suspicious regarding his activities and Mickey's.

If you want my opinion, and I don't know all the facts yet, Henry had help from outside. I don't know who or why, and I think this is your job to find, but in my opinion Henry didn't have the capacity to escape the Sanitarium. And I'm basing my opinion in what I saw yesterday. The young man I saw yesterday wouldn't be capable to escape. Albert is very incisive in his affirmative.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
amarriner wrote:Outside
Gregory and Donald scour the perimeter of the Asylum for clues. Not a whole heck of a lot is presenting itself, however. It's a warm morning, and the ground is a little soft because there were some light rains last night. With their backs to the west side of the building, suddenly Donald stands upright and looks straight ahead. He walks over to a patch of ground just under a huge oak tree. It more damp than the rest of the soil in the area and he can just make out some faint footprints moving away from the building in the mud. Apparently the police haven't gotten around to searching the grounds of the Sanitarium yet ...
Well would you look at this! These cops really don't know what they're doing. They didn't even come outside the walls to see where he went, they're concentrating on inquiry and forgot about LOOKING for clues. Let's try to follow these tracks shall we Gregory?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

INSIDE
Miss Scarlet wrote:Albert Winston
Detective Stuckey, Dr. Hardstrom is very, very respected doctor and psychiatrist. He wouldn't be in his position, as Director of this institution if it wasn't so. If Dr. Hardstrom thought he could reduce the medication for Henry, it's because he thought it was the best for the patient, which I agree with him, for a simple reason. In his state of mind he couldn't do much. You may not believe in us, but you can consult any psychiatrist that review Atwater's file and he will agree with what was done. Winston takes a deep breath to regain his calm. He was more offended by the fact the Detective doubted Hardstrom diagnosis than because he might be suspicious regarding his activities and Mickey's.

If you want my opinion, and I don't know all the facts yet, Henry had help from outside. I don't know who or why, and I think this is your job to find, but in my opinion Henry didn't have the capacity to escape the Sanitarium. And I'm basing my opinion in what I saw yesterday. The young man I saw yesterday wouldn't be capable to escape. Albert is very incisive in his affirmative.
Hey, listen Doc. I have to exhaust all avenues. I like being thorough. If you take offense, well I can't help that. I just need to figure out what the hell happened here? It's not like escapes happen all the time.

So you think he had help from the outside, huh? Any thoughts there? Who?
Just after he asks the question, another cop walks into the room and whispers something to Stuckey. Stuckey nods and the second man leaves. Looks like they're about done with Hardstrom. You can talk to him as soon as we're done.

OUTSIDE
Both Donald and Gregory are a bit surprised by the fact that no cops seem to be checking out the footprints. Maybe they saw them and figured they wouldn't get much from them or they just haven't seen them yet. Either way, the two figure they're able to investigate them should they feel they're important enough.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

INSIDE

Albert Winston
Detective Stuckey wrote:Hey, listen Doc. I have to exhaust all avenues. I like being thorough. If you take offense, well I can't help that. I just need to figure out what the hell happened here? It's not like escapes happen all the time.
I agree with you and that's why I did my best to cooperate with your investigation. But when you start implying things, I can't shut up, especially when dear friends are involved.

And by the way Detective, Freud can explain your behavior. Although I don't like it, it's perfectly clear, and I'm sorry for you...
Winston didn't finish his sentence on purpose.
Detective Stuckey wrote:So you think he had help from the outside, huh? Any thoughts there? Who?
Albert is glad with the interruption because it gives him time to take a deep breath and concentrate in why he's here, to talk to Hardstrom.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey remains quiet throughout the interview with Detective Stukey. Tugging his cap down further, Mickey slumps in his chair, This feels more like an interrogation.

Steadfastly looking at the floor while Stukey and Albert go back and forth, Mickey has done enough Psych at Uni to guess at what Albert is implying regarding his reference to Freud. Barely stifling a laugh, Mickey sits in his chair, shoulders shaking as he tries to suppress an outburst of laughter.

Trying to get Albert out of the room before he says anything more outrageous, Mickey says, Come on , Dr Winston, let’s go see your colleague. Thanks for your time, Detective. Mickey gets up and waits outside for Albert to finish up.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Return to “The Condemned”