IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
zielonobrody wrote:Well would you look at this! These cops really don't know what they're doing. They didn't even come outside the walls to see where he went, they're concentrating on inquiry and forgot about LOOKING for clues. Let's try to follow these tracks shall we Gregory?
Good eye, Lutherhagen. These cops are more like those idiots that chase Chaplin around in the shows than a real police force. I bet we find Atwater quietly sitting under a tree not far away. The last part said in obvious sarcasm. Let's get moving and see what there is to see. You have better eyes, I'll follow you.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Good eyes. Ha! Not what htey were twenty years ago. More years, less joy is what I say. But enough of my rambling. Let's go. Eyes in the ground Donald sets off down the trail.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

OUTSIDE
Donald and Gregory start walking in the direction they feel the footprints were pointing. They don't see any other footprints along the way, so far. The ground is covered with thick grass and even though it's a little wet, it doesn't yield any more prints. They're headed in a roughly southwest direction back towards Arkham proper. Presently they come up to one of the large walls that surround the Sanitarium. Looks like it might be a dead end.

Another Spot Hidden please, gentlemen! :)

INSIDE
Stuckey just grunts at Albert's comment. He doesn't seem phased, but he more than likely didn't really understand it either. Other than to know he was being insulted. Yeah, listen to the kid. Let's go see Hardstrom. He leads Mickey and Albert out of the waiting room and down several hallways. They arrive at Hardstrom's office and head in. Hardstrom looks extremely tired and haggard. There are three more police officers in the room with him Stuckey motions for them to leave and they do.

Morning, Albert. Hell of a day, huh? I'm glad you're here, Hardstrom says.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

INSIDE
Eric Hardstrom wrote:Morning, Albert. Hell of a day, huh? I'm glad you're here.
I say... And this Stuckey. I know it's only insecurity, but I lost my temper when he doubted your diagnosis. I'm sorry my friend, but we are under stress and this man instead of helping starts making accusations. As it was lead him to solve what's happened. Albert takes a deep breathe again. It seems for a Psychiatrist he has to review his concepts because he has to be in control of himself.

Then he smiles to his friend behind the desk. I know what you are going to answer me but I have to ask anyway. How the young Atwater managed to escape from here? I only could imagine he had help from outside, because he was in no condition to do it by himself... Not in the way he was yesterday...
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

amarriner wrote:OUTSIDE
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1555895/

33, no good
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Donald and Gregory start walking in the direction they feel the footprints were pointing. They don't see any other footprints along the way, so far. The ground is covered with thick grass and even though it's a little wet, it doesn't yield any more prints. They're headed in a roughly southwest direction back towards Arkham proper. Presently they come up to one of the large walls that surround the Sanitarium. Looks like it might be a dead end.

Well this is unexpected... Would he risk going back into the Sanitarium? On the other hand, it's the last place the cops would look, isn't it? Donald scans the area...

Another Spot Hidden :) (1d100=24)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

OUTSIDE
Donald and Gregory scan the wall and the grounds for any other clues, but don't find much of anything. They're about to turn back towards the Asylum when Donald sees something out of the corner of his eye. About a fifty yards down the wall to the west. Hey, what is that? he asks. He and Gregory hurry over to the spot on the wall. When they get there they see a small hole dug in the soft ground. Sticks and stones pepper the hole, and it looks like a small piece of cloth is stuck to one of the sticks jutting up from the earth.

INSIDE
Hardstrom answers, I'll be damned if I know how he got out of the cell, to be honest with you. After we backed of the sedatives he was a lot more alert and awake. He certainly seemed more normal but was still a little ... odd I guess. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was just something off in the way he spoke and his mannerisms. Didn't seem like your typical MU student, I suppose.

As far as having outside help, that certainly sounds reasonable. Still, I don't know how that would be possible. There's no evidence of it, at the very least.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Did he say anything else than what he had said to us yesterday? Winston asks.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Miss Scarlet wrote:Albert Winston

Did he say anything else than what he had said to us yesterday? Winston asks.
I'm afraid not, Dr. Winston. As I said, he was a bit more alert, but he steadfastly refused to talk to us much. Or not at all, in fact! The poor boy must've been in shock, I suppose.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Don't worry, Eric. I'll help to find what has happened here and how this boy has escaped. And we'll show to our dear Detective Stuckey that he should trust in very good doctors. He smiles to his friend. I won't take much off your time. I imagine you have a lot of things to do. Any news I get I'll talk to you. Thank you for receiving me. Albert says good bye and heads back to outside the Asylum to meet the others.

Let's go Mickey, let's see if we can find some clue to solve this mystery. Or if our friends are ahead of us and have already found something...
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Thank you, Albert. It will be a trying day, to be sure, but nothing I can't handle, he says with a smile. If you come back a little later, you can see the patient from St. Mary's, if you'd like. We just have to get him settled into a room and with all the activity this morning we haven't had much time. Give me a couple of hours.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

With all that happened regarding escape of the young Atwater I forgot about the old man we found yesterday by the river. You know he was found buried under the body of Richard Cardigan, that student I have mentioned to you.

It was very odd this whole situation. I was told that this old man has damages in his column as he was forced to be in a curved position. And the only thing he said until now was "Atwater". That's why I'm so curious about this now, because somehow both cases are related.

Of course, I'll come back later to check on him. I'd really love to talk to him, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to... Keep an eye on him for me, Eric. As I said, maybe those two cases are related...
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey had been quiet up until now, feeling a bit overwhelmed about being in such close proximity to such experts in their fields. As Albert was finishing up his consultation with Hardstrom, a thought occurs to him, Dr Hardstrom, do you lock your patients up in their rooms? If so, was there any evidence of forced exit from the room? Or possibly even forced entry?

Nodding at Hardstrom's reference to the new patient being transferred to the hospital, Mickey was eager to be outside of the confines of the others. I'm definitely an outdoors person, thinks Mickey.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Donald and Gregory scan the wall and the grounds for any other clues, but don't find much of anything. They're about to turn back towards the Asylum when Donald sees something out of the corner of his eye. About a fifty yards down the wall to the west. Hey, what is that? he asks. He and Gregory hurry over to the spot on the wall. When they get there they see a small hole dug in the soft ground. Sticks and stones pepper the hole, and it looks like a small piece of cloth is stuck to one of the sticks jutting up from the earth.
Well I'll say. Why the heck would he want to go back in?
Donald ponders on the possibilities. He's somewhat shocked that the escapee would choose to go right back in, unless he went in to get someone else out. He shares this thought with Gregory.
We should get moving and start our own investigation. The cops are clearly airheaded around here. I suggest you go in, and find the other side of this hole, and I'll join you once you get there. I'll stay here and guard just in case he decides to come back in. And I'll look around for some more clues. Call my name when you get there and wait till I get there. If it's out of bounds, find dr Winston and then come and get me.

When Gregory walks away, Donald takes to searching the area for clues. He also pockets the strip of cloth from the hole. He tries to remember if it's the type of clothing the patients of the Sanitarium.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

INSIDE

Of course, I'll come back later to check on him. I'd really love to talk to him, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to... Keep an eye on him for me, Eric. As I said, maybe those two cases are related...
Oh, indeed? I'd not gotten much information from the police or the hospital, to be honest with you. The cops seem more focused on the missing person than they do this other patient coming. Can't say I blame them, really. Certainly, you're more than welcome to come back a little later, or tomorrow if that's more convenient, to talk with the man. Once things calm down a bit here, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Dondero wrote:Dr Hardstrom, do you lock your patients up in their rooms? If so, was there any evidence of forced exit from the room? Or possibly even forced entry?
Yes we do lock the rooms, young man. There definitely seemed to be a forced entry or exit--though I'm not certain which. The lock appears to have been disintegrated somehow. It's quite puzzling!

OUTSIDE
Donald examines the scrap of cloth found in the hole under the wall. It's hard to tell because it's a little muddy and sort of small, but it definitely appears to be the blue color all the patients wear at the Asylum.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
Actually Donald, I think we ought to get the Doc and Jack and anyone else willing to help. We know the kid got out here, which is more than the cops have figured out, so I think we ought to get a search party together and follow after him outside the walls. Gregory walks back to the San, scanning the walls to get an idea of the position the hole is at on the other side, and also to see what kind of land it is (woods, streets, etc.).
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston says good-bye to Hardstrom and heads out of the Asylum looking for Donald, Gregory and Jack.

He spots them coming back to the building and goes to meet them.

Have you found anything? We've just got interrogated by that Detective Stuckey and talked briefly with Dr. Hardstrom. Indeed the young Atwater escaped, because he was locked inside the room and the lock seemed to be disintegrated. And the old man we found yesterday at the river was transferred to here. Later today maybe we can have something about him, but I wouldn't hope much...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Have you found anything? We've just got interrogated by that Detective Stuckey and talked briefly with Dr. Hardstrom. Indeed the young Atwater escaped, because he was locked inside the room and the lock seemed to be disintegrated. And the old man we found yesterday at the river was transferred to here. Later today maybe we can have something about him, but I wouldn't hope much...
Well actually yes we have. The cops seem to have ignored the Sanitarium grounds and we've found tracks. They lead to the outer walls where the boy dug a hole under the wall. Here's a bit of cloth that he left behind. I bet we could examine the window he got out through too, from the outside I mean. We haven't thought of looking at that. We were just about to find you to go outside and look for the tracks leading from the hole under the wall outside. We can check out the window first, or we can try to start the chase already. Maybe he didn't go far yet...

OOC: See you all on Friday. Get on with the show. Keeper, roll for me if necessary, please.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Very well, I think I can find the window, since I was in his room yesterday. Then we should check outside the walls if we can find any tracks over there. Winston says and looks back to the building trying to locate where Atwater's room was.

Keeper, I think Albert can find the room, since he has been sometimes at the Asylum and knows where Atwater's room was. Is that ok?
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey muses on what he and Albert learned from Dr Hardstrom. Upon meeting up with Donald and Gregory, Mickey listens intently as they describe their find.

Taking the bit of cloth from Donald, Mickey peruses it, and hands it back. Heading over to the hole by the wall, Mickey scans for any evidence they may have missed.

Heading back to the others, Mickey agrees that they should try and track back to the window.

OOC - Apologies, very quick post. Let me know if any rolls needed! :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Return to “The Condemned”