IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC: Scene 6 - Sanitarium, June 7th

Post by amarriner »

Yep, Albert and Mickey can tell where the room was from the outside.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston points the window of Atwater's room. Then he takes the piece of cloth. It's consistent with the interns' clothes.

From where the footprints you found came? From under his window? After getting an answer for his questions, he'll tell the others that is best to go out of the walls and look for some footprints or any clue at the exit of the hole.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Yep, let's go. I'll just examine the window here. He scans the window for any unusual signs of breaking in, or some such. Then Donald ushers everyone outside the walls towards the apparent exit of Atwater under the wall.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
justinhorner
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by justinhorner »

Jack Roberts

I'd say following the tracks is a bit of a longshot. If it happened early enough yesterday to make it into the papers, the boy could be miles and miles from here by now. I'd suggest a few courses of action: one, we gotta get into that boy's room--period; two, at least a couple of us should go back to the campsite--of the hundreds of places he could be off to, I'd say the campsite is worth a second peek. Third, we should visit the newspaper and talk to the reporter who broke the two stories on this. He's certainly got his ear to the ground somehow.

So, who's up for a spin back around to the campsite and then a little tea time visit to the Arkham Gazette?
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Very good thoughts Mr. Roberts. I agree with you but I'd like to try the footprints for now. I know it's a long shot but I think it's our best option for now.

As you say it's not necessary all of us to do this, maybe Herr Lutherhagen and I stay here and you, Mr. Atkinson and Mickey could split to do the other tasks. What do you think?
Albert looks around the group waiting for their replies.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
I'm up for a walk. Somehow the vision of going back to the campsite does not entertain me at all. I'll follow the tracks if they lead anywhere. Although you may be right that the boy could be far away by now. Then again, he may not be far. Who knows?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Examining the footprints is a difficult task for the group, but they do their best. The ground is soft and there aren't really many good prints at all. Luckily it seems like this area of the grounds is not that heavily trafficked so it's likely that most of the footprints they find are of the same person. As best they can tell, the prints do go roughly in the direction away from the window and towards the wall. That's everyone's consensus anyway. Other than that, there's not much they can discern from where they are. The window appears unbroken and the bars that line it are un-tampered with.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston will go out of the wall to check if there are any footprints near the exit of the hole.

OOC: I think Donald will go with him.
justinhorner
Layman
Layman

Post by justinhorner »

Jack Roberts

If I can find at least one other person to come with me to the campsite, then: Well, we'll just leave you all here to wander in circles. Whoever's so interested to visit the Gazette, meet us there in two hours. Jack et al make their way back to the campsite.

If I can't find anyone to take up my offer: Well, I suppose many hands make light work. I'm heading over to the campsite. Whoever's so interested to visit the Gazette, meet me there in two hours.
Jack makes his way back to the campsite.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
amarriner wrote:The window appears unbroken and the bars that line it are un-tampered with.
Wait a second, how the heck did he get out? The bars are in place, the window isn't broken, this doesn't make sense!

I think we ought to see what we can find on the other side of the hole, but if that turns up nothing then the campsite is a good idea, but I think before that we ought to see if the boy has gone back to his parents or the University also. Mickey, do you know if Atwater has a room there?

That reporter might have some ideas, good thinking Jack.

It seems to me we could get a lot done in a little while by splitting up. I could go by the boy's parents place, Mickey could check the dorms, Winston, you could see if he's shown up at any classes, Lutherhagen can follow whatever he can find after the hole and Jack can follow up on the reporter. Does that make sense to everyone? We could meet up at the cafe in a couple of hours and catch up on what we find, and if nothing else then head to the campsite.
justinhorner
Layman
Layman

Post by justinhorner »

Jack Roberts

I like your thinking, Greg, but I think we gotta get to the campsite sooner rather than later. The reporter ain't goin nowhere

Jack's off to the campsite
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
I think both university topics can be covered by one person. Since Dr Winston would clearly prefer to look at the other side of the hole, and I with him, I suggest that Mickey check the dorms and classes. Is that OK with you Mickey? I'm off with the doctor. See you all in a few hours at the cafe as last time.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston agrees with Lutherhagen and both head to outside the wall to check at the exit of the hole.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Alas, the other side of the hole doesn't hold much in the way of information. This side of the wall faces Derby street--across from which is the entirety of Arkham proper. Donald and Albert can't help but feel a little bit down as it looks like Atwater fled into the city and could be anywhere now ...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Well I didn't expect that I must say. Where do we go now? Maybe the reporter? Or first the University and we'll pick Mickey up along the way. Maybe he's still walking there and we'll catch up to him along the way. You're by car, yes?
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Yes, I have my car parked outside the Sanitarium. And it's a good idea to pick up Mickey. Do you think we should go talking to the reporter or meet the others at the campsite?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald
I was thinking that Mickey didn't get to the U yet, and that we could catch up to him before he got there and helped him. Might be quicker. Then we can go to the reporter, after we investigate the U. I don't think Mickey would like going to the campsite. We found his friend dead ther... This makes Donald go a bit pale, probably from the return of the thoughts of what happened back there.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

All right, let's find Mickey and check the University. After that, we'll talk to that reporter. Winston says entering in his car.

Return to “The Condemned”