IC: Scene 4b - E. E. Saltonstall & Assoc.

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 4b - E. E. Saltonstall & Assoc.

Post by amarriner »

E. E. Saltonstall & Associates
Monday June 6, 1927 6:05 pm

Jack and Gregory hitch a ride with the cops. Jack seems to know a few so he talks them into it. They get back to Arkham around 6 in the evening and the police drop them off at the law office. The lights are on inside as Saltonstall rarely leaves until 8 or so.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC: Scene 4b - E. E. Saltonstall & Assoc.

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson

Wanting to get this over with quickly, Gregory will ask pretty much just march right into Saltonstall's office and report:
Bad news, boss, we found Richard Cardigan dead.
Unless someone else is in the office with him, then:
Mr. Saltonstall, we need to talk alone, right away.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

No one is in the office when Gregory walks in. Saltonstall looks up from his documents, eyes wide: What? What the hell are you talking about, Atkinson? What do you mean he's dead? Gregory can tell he's trying to think about how he'll break the news to the boy's father.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
amarriner wrote:No one is in the office when Gregory walks in. Saltonstall looks up from his documents, eyes wide: What? What the hell are you talking about, Atkinson? What do you mean he's dead? Gregory can tell he's trying to think about how he'll break the news to the boy's father.
Better him than me...
We found his body by the shore of the river by the campsite, the cops missed it entirely, and it doesn't look pretty, sir: scavengers started to have their way with it.
It gets stranger, though, there was a living man underneath Richard's body, he seems old and crazed and nobody could get anything out of him. They took him to the hospital, we'll have to wait until morning before we can find anything else out.
I'm hoping that you can get to the boy's father before the cops do, it might make it easier on the family, and I don't think Mr. Cardigan will be very happy with the police about this.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Unbelieveable! The body was there the whole time, and the coppers never found it?! Herbert's probably going to want to sue ... He pauses in thought for a moment. Poor Richard. Poor Herbert! So who the hell is this other person? I don't recall anyone other than Atwater going with Cardigan. I think he had something to do with it! Saltonstall is apparently forgetting that the man was buried underneath Cardigan, but he seems undeterred. Well, get to the bottom of this, Atkinson. I want to be able to tell Herbert we're doing our best to figure out what happened despite the police. Need to find out if there's anything more they missed, you know?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

amarriner wrote:Well, get to the bottom of this, Atkinson. I want to be able to tell Herbert we're doing our best to figure out what happened despite the police. Need to find out if there's anything more they missed, you know?
There's nothing else I can do tonight, but we met one of Richard's professors and he seems to have some pull at the Sanitarium, so I'll be there first thing in the morning. Between Atwater and this old man, somebody has to know something. Maybe Jack can help out with the cops, he seems to know some of them.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Jack nods. I know some of them. Sometimes that certainly helps. There's a few that don't like me much, but I have a good rapport with the department.

Return to “The Condemned”