IC: Scene 4a - St. Mary's

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 4a - St. Mary's

Post by amarriner »

St. Mary's Hospital
Receiving Room
Monday June 6, 1927 6:15 pm

Heading back from the campsite is slow going. There were a lot of volunteers and many police so even walking back to the car takes the group a while. The roads are pretty bad, too--still suffering some latent effects from the weekend storm.

Presently, Albert pulls his Ford into the parking lot of St. Mary's Hospital on West Street. Arkham's only hospital is a teaching hospital associated with the University. Their receiving room is open 24 hours and is a bustle of activity right now. There are quite a few cops standing around as well as several people from the local papers trying to get a story for tomorrow's edition. The staff tries to keep things as calm as possible.

I'll mark this spot on the map later today.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC: Scene 4 - St. Mary's

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston enters the hospital and looks for some doctor or nurse he knows to ask information about the old man brought this afternoon.

He's interested in his state in general, in which conditions he is, which exams have been asked for him, and when he'll be strong enough to talk.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Follows Albert inside if possible. If not, will come back to the car.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey had been hoping for a long soak in the bath, and an even longer nap, but seeing Albert and Donald head off inside the hopspital, Mickey looks at Ondine and shrugs his shoulders, You coming in too, Miss Dumont? as he gets out of the car and follows a pace or two behind Albert and Donald.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

One of the nurses stops on her way when Albert questions her. Many of them are running around hecticly so it's a blessing she actually notices and stops. 'Fraid there's not too much information just yet. We're trying to revive him now. He seems to be in a deep sleep or coma so we're trying to wake him. He doesn't appear to have too many physical injuries, but he appears very old. One thing we noticed is that his spine is severely deformed.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC: Scene 4a - St. Mary's

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Do you have any idea why? Winston asks also curious about that information.

He was found buried but as far as I know I could see plenty of space for him, nothing to really cause this damage to his spine.

OOC: As I think the soil was sand I think I can suppose that there were enough space for him in the "grave" nothing to deform a spine. If I'm not correct, Master, please take this last comment off.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

No sir. From our initial tests it appears to be an old condition. Not something that happened in the last couple of days.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Thank you nurse. I'll come back tomorrow to check on him.

Then he turns to the exit and meets Donald and Mickey that were there waiting for him. Not much for now. Only this about his spine. It was severely deformed and it was nothing that happens in the last few days. It's an old condition. Very strange, but what wasn't strange about this case... He shakes his head and goes back to the car.

Better take M.lle Ondine and you back to your homes. Tomorrow I'll come back to check the old man. You are welcome if you want to come with me, although I can't promise much. Maybe he's still not able to talk.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

I guess we should sleep on it. Let's get home. I'm looking forward fro a nice hot bath. He says grinning.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Nodding mutely at the information imparted by Albert, Mickey mulls over what he's told and merely shrugs. Still feeling numb from events of the day, he follows the others back to the car.

Agreeing with Donald, Mickey says I think we could all benefit from washing this day off us.

Not really sure what his short term plans may be, Mickey says If it's all right with you, Dr Winston, I'll join you again tomorrow....I just feel like I need to keep busy. Take my mind off things. If that makes any sense.

Getting in the car, Mickey realises that he's throughly exhausted.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Return to “The Condemned”