IC: Scene 1 - Arkham Sanitarium

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC: Scene 1 - Arkham Sanitarium

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
Riotopsys wrote:Ondine Dumont
Please how is Atwater, we seem to have the same goal so surely a pooling of effort would be wise.[/color]
Smooth. Yes, how is the boy? And after the answer... Ondone is correct, we all have the common goal of finding Richard, and I can't see how teaming up could do anything but help. I suggest we take a look at the camp sight and then help with the search parties. That ought to make the old man happy.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Suddenly breaking out of thought, but clearly not satisfied with the conclusions he came to.. if any.
I could use a bit of lunch, wouldn't you all? I'm sure there's a quiet coffee shop somewhere nearby. I'd prefer to cut my stay here to a minimum. We can discuss things there.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

Magnifique, I would adore lunch, shall we. she offers her arm to Donald

I'm evil lover's triangle here we come.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
Stands up and takes Ondine's arm and tries to find a comfortable position due to their quite different heights. Donald momentarily cheers up and leading the Lady towards the gate, engages her in polite conversation, his old charming self once again.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston
Mickey O'Dwyer wrote:How did it go in there with Alwater, Doctor? How’s the kid doing? Did you learn anything useful?
Ondine Dumont wrote:Please how is Atwater, we seem to have the same goal so surely a pooling of effort would be wise.
He's still under the effect of sedatives, although Herr Lutherhagen could hear some words from you. I'd like you Mickey to try to understand them, to find what meaning they have.

And Winston quotes the words Henry Atwater had said: River ... water ... lightning ... old ... tent ... them ... power ... book.

Do these words have some meaning for you? Winston will wait for Mickey's answer before saying his conclusions, not to influence the student.
Donald Lutherhagen wrote:I could use a bit of lunch, wouldn't you all? I'm sure there's a quiet coffee shop somewhere nearby. I'd prefer to cut my stay here to a minimum. We can discuss things there.
It's a good idea. We can continue our conversation in another place more comfortable and more private.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer
Miss Scarlet wrote: And Winston quotes the words Henry Atwater had said: River ... water ... lightning ... old ... tent ... them ... power ... book.

Do these words have some meaning for you? Winston will wait for Mickey's answer before saying his conclusions, not to influence the student.
Mickey shrugs his shoulders and says Well I could have a pretty good guess at the first five words and say that they're all camping related. As for "them", "power" and "book", I really have no idea. No mention of a wild animal attack then?

Watching Ondine and Donald depart arm-in-arm, Mickey thinks That old smoothie, as he casts a peek at Gregory to see what his reaction is to their behaviour.

Looks like we're heading for a bite to eat then , as he trails behind the others looking glum.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
zielonobrody wrote:Donald Lutherhagen
Stands up and takes Ondine's arm and tries to find a comfortable position due to their quite different heights.
Gregory rolls his eyes at Ondine's obvious attempt to make him jealous and chooses to ignore her childish actions. That might have worked when I was young, but I am just too tired to play games now, he muses to himself.

Following the others, he suggests: Why don't we go to this nice little café I like on Independence Square, it is only a couple of blocks away. Seems like a perfect location for restaurants and such.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by amarriner »

Samuel wrote:Seems like a perfect location for restaurants and such.
Yep, that would be fine. It's walkable, too, but Albert will probably want to bring his car along. I can get you to a specific cafe if you'd like, or you can just post IC wherever you end up. Doesn't have to be any particular restaurant.

EDIT -- Scratch that, I'll get you guys to a place. That's the better way to do things, probably. I'll get you there in a new thread shortly ...
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.

Return to “The Condemned”