IC: Scene 1 - Arkham Sanitarium

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

IC: Scene 1 - Arkham Sanitarium

Post by amarriner »

Arkham Sanitarium
Monday June 6, 1927 10:15 am

At around 9:40, Albert, Donald, and Mickey climb into Albert's Ford and begin their trip across town to the Arkham Sanitarium. The status of Cardigan weighs heavily on their minds and they're mostly pretty quiet along the way. Once they eventually pull close to the sanitarium, Albert parks the car and they exit walking up to the large gates. An orderly opens them, and the group steps inside while the gates slowly and silently glide shut behind.

They stand in front of the sanitarium itself now. A small walkway leads up to it with benches flanking it on either side. Ondine Dumont sits on one of the benches visibly upset and crying.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Arkham Sanitarium

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Upon the gate closing behind them with an eerie clang...
This place gives me the shivers.

After parking and leaving the car, if the crying lady makes eye contact, Donald sends her a warm smile. Women do get so pretty when they cry. Unless they do it too often.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Feeling strangely claustrophobic, Mickey agrees with Donald’s comment Yes, I know what you mean.

Mickey notices the lady crying on the bench and immediately feels sad for her. Keen to go over and offer comfort, Mickey holds back, only too aware that his facial appearance can have the effect of making these things worse. Instead he waits for Dr Winston to do what he does best, He must deal with this kind of thing every day.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

during her sob she catches the eye of fit older gentleman of the group when he smiles back at her she can't help but stop and give a weak smile back. I guess some men in this world can still recognize a lady, I'm not going back in there
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

Winston arrives at the Sanitarium and doesn't bother with the gates shutting behind them. He's thinking about the young Henry Atwater. Although he doesn't remember him from the Campus, he's thinking what could have happened to him to force him into an amnesia state.

As entering the building, he looks to the lady sitting in a benches crying. He feels sorry for her, but now his mission is other.

Inside the building he looks for some nurse or attendant who could put him in contact with the Sanitarium director.

He turns to his fellows and says: I'll try talking to the director to know about Atwater's condition. Then I'll know if it'll be possible to talk to him.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey raises his eyebrows upon seeing Dr Winston pass by the lady crying on the bench. I guess it’s a case of priorities for him; help those in the greatest need of his skills first.

Suddenly reluctant to enter the asylum, he watches Dr Winston stride confidently in. Mickey hovers nervously by the bench, taking off his cap, and clears his throat, Excuse me, ma’am, is everything ok? he asks gently, hoping the softness of his tone will deflect her inevitable attention from his face.

Looking down, he asks If there’s anything I can do for you? Maybe someone I could call? He moves as close as he feels comfortable to by the woman, whilst maintaining a respectful distance
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

{french}Oh thank you no, I...{/french} the blank stare returned clues he into he mistake Thanks you no this place is just to much for my fragile sense abilities, Hopefully my associates inside will be able to get that horrible Dr. Hardstrom to let go about their business soon so we can leave
HellBlazer
Layman
Layman

Post by HellBlazer »

Jack watches on as Greg attempts to persuade the good doctor into allowing us to see the boy early.
Jack waits for Greg to finish and pulls him aside with a whisper in his ear

Why don't you let me try my hand at persuading him Greg? , I have talked my way into tighter spots than this. Why don't you go see how miss Dumont is doing outside , or you can wait here.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1459863/

Omg..sorry guys I just made things worse :(

Jack approaches the doctor and pulls out his Identification

Excuse me Doc but my name is Jack Roberts and I am a private investigator working for Mr.Saltonstall I was brought in to help with the quick recovery of his son , now the only person on earth who knows exactly what happened out there is that boy that is in your charge. It would really help matters if we could avoid another trip to this asylum , now I am a former police officer and I have dealt with these kinds of situations before and every hour that passes increases the chance of never finding the lad.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

thank god Ondine left or she'd really be in a sorry state.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
HellBlazer wrote:Why don't you let me try my hand at persuading him Greg? , I have talked my way into tighter spots than this. Why don't you go see how miss Dumont is doing outside , or you can wait here.
Seeing the futility of trying to change the doctor's mind, Gregory rushes after Ondine and does not hear the results of Jack's attempt to sway the doctor. Good luck, he thinks to himself, the doctor is getting pretty worked up as it is.

As he exits the building, Gregory brushes past a determined looking man heading in, and notices a couple of other men by Ondine. He heads quickly that way. My dear, he says to Ondine, that was quite an abrupt exit, whatever is the matter?

Gregory then realizes he had just interrupted a conversation. Excuse me young man, I am a bit worried about my friend here.

Gregory will be too busy with concern over Ondine to say anymore to the other men, or to notice any screaming, crashing and other sound that are suspiciously like a man being tackled, bound, drugged and carried off, that may, or may not, be coming from inside the hospital. <snicker> And I thought I rolled badly!
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

I'm So sorry Gregory I thought I could go it there and hold together, but it reminds me too much of some old stories. Once that Dr Started yelling at you I just lost my composure. I'm sorry..,<sniffle> is Monsieur Roberts having any better luck reaching the Atwater boy?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen
As Dr. Winston seems intent on going in, and the lady seems to be getting any needed comfort, Donald follows him in.

C'mon Mickey, I'm sure the Gentleman can handle the situation.
HellBlazer
Layman
Layman

Post by HellBlazer »

Samuel wrote:And I thought I rolled badly![/color]
Yeah that was a brutal roll on my part.... oh well I am not breaking any laws.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert Winston

OOC: I was thinking: Winston is from Arkham. It's been a short while since he came back but I think he would know the name of the Director of Arkham Sanitarium. He'd probably had gone there to see a patient, to exchange ideas, some reason... Can I consider he knows Dr. Hardstrom (they are not exactly friends, but they know and respect each other)? Is that possible? Please consider what you think is best.

Albert enters the Sanitarium.

If he knows Dr. Hardstrom and sees him in the hall he'll directly talk to him: Good morning Hardstrom. I'm sorry to disturb you but could we talk about a patient?

If he doesn't know him, he at least knows his name. He'll look for someone that could help him: Could you tell me where is the Dr. Hardstrom's office, please? I'm Dr. Albert Winston from Miskatonic University and I'd like to talk to him.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Nodding when he hears the sense of Donald’s words, Mickey is about to go into the asylum and leave the French woman to the care of her friend, until he hears her mention “the Atwater boy”

Doing a double-take, Mickey says Hey, wait a minute, are you here to see Henry Atwater too? What’s going on, are you cops or something? Have you got any word on my friend, Richie? Have you found him?

After firing his barrage of questions at Ondine and Gregory, Mickey looks at them hopefully and expectantly.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

About to embrace Gregory when Mickey's questions hit, after which she let's her arms fall.

Cops, Heavens no, we're here in the employ of Herbert Cardigan to find his son and unless the other third of our group has had any success We've waisted time visiting here
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Mickey O'Dwyer

Mickey marvels at the strange coincidence, Richie’s dad….. Realising he needs to explain himself to the strangers, he says, I’m Mickey O’Dwyer. I’m a botany student at MU. Richie Cardigan’s a buddy of mine. Pointing to the Coach, by way of an introduction, he says This is Mr Lutherhagen, Richie’s baseball coach. We realised this morning that Richie was missing. This was kind of our first lead.

Nervously smiling, he says to Ondine and Gregory, You guys move fast! Running their words through his mind, he says So you’ve not had much luck getting in to see Henry Altwater then, huh? Maybe Dr Winston will have more joy – he’s the resident psych lecturer at MU; he’s got a way about him, and I doubt he’ll take no for an answer.

So, what’s your next move? You seen the campsite yet?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Gregory Atkinson
Regaining his composure after a slight flushing of the face.....
Dondero wrote:Mickey O'Dwyer
Nervously smiling, he says to Ondine and Gregory, You guys move fast! Running their words through his mind, he says So you’ve not had much luck getting in to see Henry Altwater then, huh? Maybe Dr Winston will have more joy – he’s the resident psych lecturer at MU; he’s got a way about him, and I doubt he’ll take no for an answer.

So, what’s your next move? You seen the campsite yet?
Actually, son, we were planning next to see if we could find any of Richard's friends, but it looks like we may have had a stroke of good luck after bad.
What do you know of the boys' camping trip? Did Richard give you anymore details of his plans this past weekend?

Gregory gallantly chooses to stay outside with the distressed Ondine, which has absolutely nothing to do with anything whatsoever except his since of honor and friendship.
Is Lutherhagen inside or out? Gregory will nod a polite hello to him at Mickey's rapid introduction if he is.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Donald Lutherhagen

Caught off guard by Mickey's behavior, and by the situation that is at hand, but decides to go along.

Seems a nod is all I'll get from this one. Maybe he thinks me a rival. Well, a little flirt always cheers an old man up.

Donald returns the nod, but remains silent, occasionally glancing towards the distraught (??) lady.

If the lady happens to be introduced as I think should be happening, or perhaps she feels left out and introduces herself, Donald has a surprise coming her way(nothing flashy, minor flirt).
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Ondine Dumont

wiping the last of the tears form her eyes and straightening her hair
Pardon our rudeness, My companion is Gregory Atkinson and I am Ondine Dumont. then offers her hand to Mickey and Donald

Return to “The Condemned”