OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by amarriner »

Syrinx wrote:Thanks Z! Hopefully I can play the part and not start rambling nonsense anytime soon. Amarriner; if I went too far in time aspect, make Timms halt in his lumberjacking and throw him in to some action!
Cheers all!
Nope, no problems here. I'm pretty loose with timeframes. Just gotta get you worked into the thread here. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Hey keeper, are you there? ;) Mind you, if you see your nick in any of the topics, please reply :) I'd suggest being a bit more flexible. Don't wait for us to write: "OK, take us somewhere" or "let's do this" if nobody answers within a day let's say, just take us there, or make us do what we had in mind. I think that might speed things up a bit. If someone is absent, just NPC the characters, I'm sure they won't mind as you probably know the characters well enough already to NPC them. If they come across some important, life threatning situation, PM the player. I have notification turned on, so If I'm gone and you PM me, I'll be notified via email. If everyone turns this on, I think we can speed things up a lot here :)

YAE? NAE?
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by TakeSolo »

That'd be great...

Hey Amarriner, I have a friend who is dying to get into this game...he said he is going to set up his account tonight. You think we have room to squeeze one more in?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

@zielonobrody: Sure, I'll do that to the best of my ability. Don't forget that almost 100% of the time, I'm not available on weekends, alas, but I'll do my best to keep things moving. I hate assuming for the players as I don't want to make a move they wouldn't have wanted to, but I'll see what I can do!

@takesolo: Yeah absolutely, I'm sure we could definitely do with another player. He/she can take over any of the current NPCs (Jack, maybe) or start a new one if they'd like. Just have them PM me.

EDIT: Dammit, as a side note (and this has happened before), I replied to TakeSolo in the IC thread on Friday about the availability of Albert's car, but I don't see that post any longer! :x No idea what happened to it, but it is available for your use.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
faytaladdiction
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by faytaladdiction »

Hi guys i'll be taking over Jack Roberts.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Fay!
So let´s get our hands dirty doin´some diggin´then! Welcome to the game!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Yes, welcome to the game, fatal. I'm going to be moving you and Syrinx's character to meet Samuel's soon, but if you want you can RP you and he walking through Arkham until I do so (tomorrow most likely).
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Fataladdiction, you can post any time in response to Samuel's and Syrinx's posts in the IC thread.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Hey Amarriner I'm sorry Faytal had homecoming this weekend so he's been busy. He said he will post later tonight/tomorrow.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

No problem. Just wanted to make sure he was still in. You and zielonobrody can continue at the Society whenever you'd like, too. Peabody had responded to your question.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Did we lose another Jack already? I'll just move on with it all if no reply soon.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

All,
I'm sorry for the delay. We've had a sudden death in the family. Please bear with me this week. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Thanks,
amarriner
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Sorry to hear that. I'm not going anywhere.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Hey is everything okay with you Amarinner? I figured since the boards have been a bit silent, I'd post and see how things were going.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Yeah I'm okay thanks. And I'm really sorry for dragging this here. I haven't forgotten about you guys, and I'll be back as soon as I possibly can. I'll do my best to get posting again by the end of the week. My apologies. :(
faytaladdiction
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by faytaladdiction »

No rush, Take all the time you need.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Well that was scary, I was working away two Thursdays ago when POW!, something shorted and burnt in my charger and my laptop died. The battery didn't last long enough to figure out anything but that both my Windows and Linux installs were DOA. After tracking down a new charger, I then spent all weekend trying to recover my data (multiple websites and databases for clients, I need to do more regular backups). Thanks to Knoppix and it's wonderful built in support for NTFS, all is well and I have a freshly formatted hard drive and the latest Ubuntu along with XP SP3. Much better that buying a new laptop.
Anyway, glad you're back, amarriner. Syrinx, faytaladdiction, the ball's in your guys' court for our scene.

-Samuel
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Sorry for the short hiatus on my part. I'll post when I get home from work late tonight.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Samuel wrote:Well that was scary, I was working away two Thursdays ago when POW!, something shorted and burnt in my charger and my laptop died. The battery didn't last long enough to figure out anything but that both my Windows and Linux installs were DOA. After tracking down a new charger, I then spent all weekend trying to recover my data (multiple websites and databases for clients, I need to do more regular backups). Thanks to Knoppix and it's wonderful built in support for NTFS, all is well and I have a freshly formatted hard drive and the latest Ubuntu along with XP SP3. Much better that buying a new laptop.
Anyway, glad you're back, amarriner. Syrinx, faytaladdiction, the ball's in your guys' court for our scene.

-Samuel
Sorry to hear about your laptop, Samuel, but glad to see you're a fellow linux user. :)

Anyhow. So the group from the Historical Society is going to head over to the murder scene (a very good idea :)). I think this is a good opportunity to get everyone back together. I'll work on putting a new thread together (I'll try to have it today if I can, but it'll be Monday at the latest). In the meantime, let's have the Saltonstall group finish up their doings at the offices and head straight to the scene to meet up or make a quick stop at the Society first if they want to.

If the Society group gets to the scene first, I'll just stall them with the coppers until Jack arrives to smooth things over. :)
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Linux for general use, but I keep XP for Photoshop, Dreamweaver and a bunch of games. WINE and it's ilk aren't worth the effort, dual boot is easier, and although GIMP is okay, Photoshop is so much better.

Since there's no comment from Jack, I'll take Syrinx's lead and get us moving. Sorry to faytaladdiction if I'm skipping you, we can always go back.

Return to “The Condemned”