OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by TakeSolo »

:cry:
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Samuel »

Well I just got back from a nasty place called Bakersfield. Sorry I wasn't in contact, but I had to ride a bike 2 miles to an internet cafe and the last thing I thought about when I was there was anything fun related (I have been cataloging and selling the estate of a deceased relative). I see zielonobrody is off for some time now, and my character is not currently active. I'll think of a way to start the "morning" and post that, and then keep an eye out for updates.
A juicy murder happens and everything really slows down, bummer. Talk to you soon!

-Samuel
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Okay so what's going on then?...Do we have a date we all return or...?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

´Scuse my crashing your conversation here.

I just wanted to say that usually game speed will pick up - it might take a while and it´s worth waiting for. Everyone have different phases in their every day life, right? If it´s slow take a look at the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
My game has slowed down a bit (LA Skinner) but hopefully the players will stick around or return after absences. It only takes one active player and a GM to keep the game moving! I´ve had up to five active players and at the moment about three. Saying this I invite everyone who has an itch to play to visit the Amazonas at the LA Skinner game.

Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hey there, Syrinx. :)

Sorry, players, for not responding to this sooner. Let's just hold off until zielonobrody is back (looks like about another week). Glad to have you back, Samuel, and we still have TakeSolo (thanks for sticking with us). That's three, and I'll post a request for a couple more, too, and see if we can get any fresh blood. We'll get there!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I might squeeze in a character, if I may? I have to read up on the background though. And, yes hello guys, poor manners on my behalf.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Howdy, it's always good to see a new face. I sure hope we start back up soon! Btw I like the new forum layout. :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Syrinx wrote:I might squeeze in a character, if I may? I have to read up on the background though. And, yes hello guys, poor manners on my behalf.
Turns out zeilonobrody's absence was a good thing as I was busy as hell last week, too. I'm good to go now, though. Syrinx, you're absolutely welcome here if you still want the slot. PM me when you're ready and we can get started. Also, we have another person who's PMed me, too, so we have two more potential characters which would be great!

zielonobrody, are you back with us yet?
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

sure thing boss :) I gotta get back into it. seems playing here has gone out of habit. gotta get back to LA Skinner too :) If any of you are entertaining thoughts about joining there, seriously, do it.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Okay I have no idea what you just said Zel but I'm glad your back!! Let's get this game rolling!!!!! I've been itching to play you have no idea!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

:D Our Polish friend might have used an idiomatic expression turned English there! Like in Swedish, "No danger on the roof!" - which means, "No worries!"
What he might mean is if your thinking about joining, and that comes out like "if your entertaining thoughts about joining." Right, Zielonobrody?
Got to love it! My own word order will be wicked some times too, as English is my second language.
Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Yeah, I meant thinking about, but I believe it's an English phrase. I may have gotten something wrong. I don't use English on a day to day basis. Just casually, lacrosse practice, here, some forums.

let's get this show on the road please :)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Hmmm No I understand what you are trying to say I think...

I don't know what "LA Skinner" is. Also you said "if any of you are entertaining thoughts of joining there" as in what I assumed was "LA Skinner" That is why I was confused. But anyway, your up zel! We are waiting for your post I believe. Go check out Day 3 I'm sitting on the M.U. steps waiting for you. ;)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Yeah, zielonobrody go ahead and meet up with Arch whenever you're ready and continue that thread. I'll get the new player(s) in as soon as I can. Samuel, feel free to post on Gregory's activities, too. We can get him met up with the others.
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

btw Sam I have family that lives out near Bakersfield :D
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

TakeSolo wrote:btw Sam I have family that lives out near Bakersfield :D
The Valley is a really big place. My Dad lives near Bakersfield as well, but he's almost 4 hours away. Distance is relative in a desert (and yeah, it actually is one). Anyway, where do they live? Have you ever had the (dis)pleasure of visiting the Bible Belt of California? I shouldn't knock it too much, I bet everyone here has had food from there (think tomatoes, lots and lots of tomatoes), but I used to live in a little armpit of a town called Los Banos (translate that!), and am not a big fan of the San Joaquin Valley.

Amarriner:
I have completely lost track of time (in game) and can't find all the relevant posts, but I think I put off the appointment with the french woman again, and am not sure if it is this day or another. This will effect what Gregory does first thing in the morning. I'll be sending him to report in with the boss again at some point in the morning, but if there are no urgent appointment's, he'll probably have a leisurely breakfast and coffee first thing.

Welcome Syrinx, it looks like we're ready to get moving in earnest again. Yay!
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Samuel wrote:Amarriner:
I have completely lost track of time (in game) and can't find all the relevant posts, but I think I put off the appointment with the french woman again, and am not sure if it is this day or another. This will effect what Gregory does first thing in the morning. I'll be sending him to report in with the boss again at some point in the morning, but if there are no urgent appointment's, he'll probably have a leisurely breakfast and coffee first thing.
Today (in game) would've been the day you would meet the french woman at the office again, but it's not entirely necessary. Only if you feel like roleplaying it. If not, we'll just assume you called in and postponed it again and told Saltonstall you'd rather spend your time getting to the bottom of the situation. If we ever get another Ondine player we can bring that back into the fold (or if you just want to roleplay it), but it's not crucial to this story. So, by all means, Gregory can have his coffee. I'm thinking I'll somehow work Syrinx's character in with yours to begin with (unless something else comes up sooner). Perhaps when you get to the office.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The LA Skinner reference was to my game in the Modern Era section her at Yog. LA Skinner Game
The game will move to a new forum when the characters relocate to New York from Los Angeles/ Manaus. I pushed for the game just before I applied to play here.

You´re welcome to check the new game out in October when the current scenario episode is wrapped up.

/Dave
TVblog

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

cool charchter Syrinx :) Welcome to the game :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Thanks Z! Hopefully I can play the part and not start rambling nonsense anytime soon. Amarriner; if I went too far in time aspect, make Timms halt in his lumberjacking and throw him in to some action!
Cheers all!
TVblog

Return to “The Condemned”