OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

HellBlazer
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by HellBlazer »

Riotopsys wrote:Does invisible castle just like to give high numbers or something? at this rate we might as well reserve a room at the sanitarium now.
you're telling me!!! I might have to pull my gun to get us into that patients room! :twisted: just kidding of course.
But now I know what skills as a private investigator that I should have focused on in character creation , oh well if i stay alive i can upgrade him later.....
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Anyone want to figure the odds on if we'll make it through the first day? Is there another dice rolling service out there? I'm beginning to think that some malignant force may be exerting its dark will against us.........
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Riotopsys wrote:Grayest place on earth!

Is an inside joke between me and a college roommate about Western New York, after looking out our window we decided we only needed a pallet of 4 colors to paint any scene here black, white, brown, and safety yellow.

It's an abysmally depressing place.
Here's what it looks like out my window (if I walked a few hundred yards with it in my hand). I'm only bragging because it has been seriously storming for almost a week straight, but finally, the sun is out again!
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Ok as soon as the batteries charge for my camera I'll show you how lousy it is here.

I've been to CA everything was gorgeous even the trash.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Riotopsys wrote:Ok as soon as the batteries charge for my camera I'll show you how lousy it is here.

You obviously didn't spend much time down Fresno and Bakersfield, nor the trailer parks in the north part of the state. I do like Sonoma County though. I must, considering the rent I pay (ugh).
Last week at this time I was at a friends house riding out the storm. Power was off at my place and the 70+mph gusts had their way with my trees. It isn't always perfect weather here, just usually. :)
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Samuel wrote:
Riotopsys wrote:Ok as soon as the batteries charge for my camera I'll show you how lousy it is here.

You obviously didn't spend much time down Fresno and Bakersfield, nor the trailer parks in the north part of the state. I do like Sonoma County though. I must, considering the rent I pay (ugh).
Last week at this time I was at a friends house riding out the storm. Power was off at my place and the 70+mph gusts had their way with my trees. It isn't always perfect weather here, just usually. :)
we caught part of that storm too, took out several trees, and 30k houses were without power. we faired well ourselves thow
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

Lots to respond to so I'll do my best here. As I mentioned, weekends are tough for me so it's likely I won't post much on them, sorry. I shall do my best, though. I'll post in the IC thread tomorrow.

Invisible Castle rolls
You should see my character in Miss Scarlet's "Murder in Arkham" game. He's had two rolls of 100 on SAN checks so far so I feel your pain. :)

Game
I'm definitely enjoying the game so far so I'm glad you guys are, too. Seeing as it's my first game as a Keeper, I'm really hoping for things to go fairly smoothly!

New York
Ah a fellow New York Stater. I'm on the east side of the state just outside of Albany.

Equipment
Yeah it would probably be beneficial to give a bit more thought to equipment that you might be carrying as well as things you might have where you live. Not a huge deal just yet, but it might come into play soon. As a general rule, if it makes sense for your character to have something I tend to let you have it. Certainly feel free to run things by me, though.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Back in business for the week. Again sorry for delaying things over the weekend, but that's going to be a constant thing, unfortunately. I feel bad because we have a good amount of momentum going and I don't want to stop it.

Incidentally, I was happy with the way the two groups met up. I wasn't sure where they were going to meet up, but the Sanitarium is a good a place as any and certainly the timing seemed to be just right.

On with the game! :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I have another proposition. That when a new page appears in any topic, we look back to see if there is any ooc stuff that we posted earlier or some dualities in our posts and remove them. I think that way we can make the story more readable to future viewers. Or when we finish a topic maybe?
Another thing I thought of. If the topics could be numbered in the order that things were happening, sort of like chapters, it would be clearer to viewers, no?
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:I have another proposition. That when a new page appears in any topic, we look back to see if there is any ooc stuff that we posted earlier or some dualities in our posts and remove them. I think that way we can make the story more readable to future viewers. Or when we finish a topic maybe?
Another thing I thought of. If the topics could be numbered in the order that things were happening, sort of like chapters, it would be clearer to viewers, no?
Yeah that's a good idea to number things. This adventure isn't really broken down into chapters, per se, so I've labelled them as scenes for now. Well only one scene so far. :)

As for editing the old posts. I don't want to do that too much, but maybe if there's something really confusing or some conflicting posts we can do that at some point.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Winston is waiting for Mickey or the Coach to introduce him or for the others to introduce them. I'm not considering what Jack said because he came out before Albert. :)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I think Donald doesn't have anything to say at the moment. wake up people ;)
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Yeah, he's too busy making eyes at Ondine!! ;)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Sounds like Albert wants to take Mickey or Donald. Just let me know who's going and I'll get you in to see the patient. You'll also have a chance to talk to the detective, if you want to as he leaves.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Does Donald know The Patient?
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Nothing against the other group :) but I think it would be better for the patient to see a face that could recognize from the campus. Maybe it'll help him to begin talking.

I'd rather be the Coach, because Mickey it too agitated and it won't do any good for Henry. zielonobrody, do you want to see the patient?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I was thinking the same thing, but I wouldn't want to scare him even more with my looming presence... But I'll go. I won't be available tomorrow though, so we might hit a stop if we don't finish in an hour, cause I gotta sleep a bit. Tomorrow's the big day for me. My band's first full length concert :)
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

I'll be here. Now everything is in our keeper's hands. :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

I'm done for the day, unfortunately, so we'll have to pick up the patient talk on Thursday. There can still be more discussion between the characters outside the asylum before then, though, if they want to.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

On Thursday will be. :)

Return to “The Condemned”