OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

Dondero
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Dondero »

Come on "Students, Professors & Coaches"!! The "Lawyers, Interpreters & Investigators" are beating us 29 posts to 28....and we were thrashing them yesterday! They must have had a surge of posts today What? You mean it's not a race? Oh, OK then.....
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

Dondero wrote:Come on "Students, Professors & Coaches"!! The "Lawyers, Interpreters & Investigators" are beating us 29 posts to 28....and we were thrashing them yesterday! They must have had a surge of posts today What? You mean it's not a race? Oh, OK then.....
And it looks like the two groups might be merging soon ... :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dondero wrote:Come on "Students, Professors & Coaches"!! The "Lawyers, Interpreters & Investigators" are beating us 29 posts to 28....and we were thrashing them yesterday! They must have had a surge of posts today What? You mean it's not a race? Oh, OK then.....
Phew! That was close! :D I tied the game. we're going into overtime. It's golden goal or bust, ladies! (no pun in ten did).
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

Since all six of you are in the same physical place now, I've locked the two separate threads and started a single new one. Any of you can post in the new thread now as you're all together, though you haven't all met and two of you inside the sanitarium while the rest are outside.

If I'm jumping places too quickly please let me know, or if I'm not giving you enough time to roleplay well let me know. In other words, if there's something you'd like me to do or not do just tell me. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying this so far....don't think I've ever played in such a fast paced start, it's great! Kudos to all my fellow players where English is your second language, those are some pretty amazing posts!

Just one question, amarriner - do we need to think about equipment and/or weapons?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

amarriner wrote:Since all six of you are in the same physical place now, I've locked the two separate threads and started a single new one. Any of you can post in the new thread now as you're all together, though you haven't all met and two of you inside the sanitarium while the rest are outside.

If I'm jumping places too quickly please let me know, or if I'm not giving you enough time to roleplay well let me know. In other words, if there's something you'd like me to do or not do just tell me. :)
I'm still waiting to hear from Jack, in case he has something to say or do, but as Odine has already inferred a bit more than a business relationship, I would assume Gregory would be a gentleman enough to have gone outside after her to ask what is wrong, and inquire if she needs help.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

[concerning weapons] What good will it do if you KNOW you''l be disassembled in the long run? :D I can improvise with a tree if I have to. Any redwoods lyin' around? :D

[concerning kudos] Actually I learned English as my second language in Pennsylvania for 5 years... no wait... darn! that means no kudos 4 me :evil: That was a long time ago though and I was seven...

[concerning down-time] Since the Keeper's informing us about his down time, I'll inform that I'll be out on Wednesday, as I'm playing a concert. and the next weekend goes down the drain with two more concerts. free beer for me :D
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

I know what you mean...I'm also playing in the Haunting, and I'm getting more use out of a crowbar, a screwdriver and I've just put together a lassoo. I like how Cthulhu gets you to improvise. Besides, what kind of weapons could a botany student have access to - a trowel maybe? Some clippers...you never know when they'll come in handy I suppose :o
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

A scythe! Buhuhahaha! :lol:
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Great idea....although with your planned absences, zielon, Big Donald may end up meeting a scythe up close and personal courtesy of the Grim Reaper.... :twisted:
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Oh please, as if I didn't know already. What I do for fame... ;) myspace.com/fugufish
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

Hey, rock on Fugu Fish!! Great site - good luck with the concerts....don't forget your Cthulhu buddies though when you're a big star ;)
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Samuel wrote: I'm still waiting to hear from Jack, in case he has something to say or do, but as Odine has already inferred a bit more than a business relationship, I would assume Gregory would be a gentleman enough to have gone outside after her to ask what is wrong, and inquire if she needs help.
Sorry, I just got the idea in my head that she want's to be married by thirty I hope i'm not stepping on your concept, Gregory just jumped out as a good candidate.

by the way I am enjoying the way this is going my self, I've never done a pbp before how am i doing.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Dondero wrote:Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying this so far....don't think I've ever played in such a fast paced start, it's great! Kudos to all my fellow players where English is your second language, those are some pretty amazing posts!

Just one question, amarriner - do we need to think about equipment and/or weapons?
"Muito obrigada", which means "Thank you very much" in Portuguese. I've studied English only in Brazil, but playing pbf help me a lot.

About guns, Winston has a gun... :P

Edit: And I'm loving this game, specially the players (you folks are very good).
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Arkham Maps

The map is big so I scaned it in four parts.

----------
| 1 | 2 |
----------
| 3 | 4 |
----------

Part 1: Image

Part 2: Image
Arkham Sanitarium is at East Derby St. with North Peabody Ave.

Part 3: Image
Miskatonic University is indicated on the map (top left side).

Part 4: Image
HellBlazer
Layman
Layman

Post by HellBlazer »

omg
you are ALL beating me in posts.....sorry for being so quiet....
I just got home and it is 230 in the morning....so iam going to bed but i promise as soon as i wake i will catch up on all that is going on in our story.
so just bear with me for a few hours and ill read all the new stuff in the "lawyers , interpreters and p.i" thread ect.... and ill add to the story , i dont want to hold you folks up but i do appreciate it.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Don't worry. Take your time. We, fortunatelly, got more time than you, but you don't need to hurry to catch up on us. This is the beautiful of pbf, you can play when you can play. :)

Have nice dreams...
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Riotopsys wrote:Sorry, I just got the idea in my head that she want's to be married by thirty I hope i'm not stepping on your concept, Gregory just jumped out as a good candidate.

by the way I am enjoying the way this is going my self, I've never done a pbp before how am i doing.
No problem at all, doesn't change my character at all. He has had a bit of a hard time, so with a new job and a nice girl that seems interested, maybe he's starting to think things are finally looking up. Oh the poor sap, how little he knows, Mwuh ha ha ha ha (cue dramatic music).

My first also, I like it. Trying to get a weekly meeting together when everyone has jobs, kids, etc. does not work like when we were in high school. I am no judge, but it seems like everybody, including yourself, is really into their characters and that makes a good game. I would guess that the real game killers in play by post (or forum, or mail, etc.) is going MIA or not playing a character consistently.

Out of curiosity, where is the "Grayest place on earth!"? Seattle? Wales? Maximum Security Prison? A gray paint factory?
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Grayest place on earth!

Is an inside joke between me and a college roommate about Western New York, after looking out our window we decided we only needed a pallet of 4 colors to paint any scene here black, white, brown, and safety yellow.

It's an abysmally depressing place.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Riotopsys »

Does invisible castle just like to give high numbers or something? at this rate we might as well reserve a room at the sanitarium now.

Return to “The Condemned”