OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by TakeSolo »

that's ok I'm just really excited to be playing this is a lot of fun and I just started :)
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Hello folks,

I'm finally back. I had to stay away two more days beyond what I expected and came back sick. I got an allergic reaction to air conditioning (I was working about 15 hours / day in a closed air conditioning room) that took me directly to bed when I put my feet at home. But I feel better now.

I'll read the posts you made and post with Albert. It's good to see players wanting to play. So, let's play. :D
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by zielonobrody »

It was so hard to post without you. glad you're back. let's get back to roleplaying. I'm having final exams at the moment, so I can't promise to be regular, but I'll try to react asap.

Keeper, please don't wait for roleplaying. Just try to keep the game moving. If somebody misses a spot, then too late, maybe they'll try harder ;)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

Welcome back, Miss Scarlet. Yeah you guys are set to go in your thread. I think we've lost Mickey, but we might be getting a new player for your thread as well.

zielonobrody--I'll try to keep things moving, but I do have to give the players some time to react to things. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Hooray! It's alive :D come on Miss Scarlett, post already :ugeek:
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

I'm so sorry folks for this last delay. I thought I was better, but the hours I spent in front of the computer (on Monday) made me understand I'm not that good. I'm still coughing, with body ache, and headache (to be in front of the computer for many hours)... I have an appointment with the doctor for next week because I thought some days resting at home would be enough to get me better, but they don't... :(

Anyway, I took today to update my games here so now let's play! :)

Hello Ryan (TakeSolo), you are more than welcome. I hope now we can have a good rythm for this game. It's a very interesting story and I think you'll like it, but I'm suspicious because I'm huge fan of CoC.

Cheers,
Laura
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I'm going to a local convent in two weeks :D yay! I'm trying to organize my buddies to take part in the Arkham Horror boardgame tourney but so far no good. If they won't want to I'll go and have some fun by myself playing CoC on paper and Munchkin Cthulhu :]
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

That's great! We'll have here in Brazil (São Paulo to be precise) an International Meeting of RPG in the first weekend of July. Unfortunately this time I can't go because of work. Last year there was a very interesting CoC tournament. Everyone plays the same adventure and there is a vote to select the 5 best players to play the "final round" and the best player of all won a prize.

CoC normally enters in the "Jurassic Games" category. Most of the people there prefer DnD (the most popular tables). But I don't change a good CoC game for any DnD. ;)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Nice, Arkham Horror is a lot of fun. Well, I've never played the original, but the remake is a good time. Don't have any of the expansions, myself, but I'd like to get them someday.

Now might be a good time to reconvene and merge the two groups back together. Seems like you both are wrapping up and the times are close enough to work out. I'll get another Bijou Cafe thread open so everyone can meet and catchup there. Feel free to make any last posts in your current threads, too. I'll respond as necessary and probably lock them on Monday if appropriate. Also feel free to chat in the Bijou Cafe thread about your next move as well!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

amarriner wrote:Nice, Arkham Horror is a lot of fun. Well, I've never played the original, but the remake is a good time. Don't have any of the expansions, myself, but I'd like to get them someday.
I have the King in Yellow expansion but it's not that great. But maybe we just don't have a good strategy for it yet. We'll catch up on playing in the summer I hope :)

carry on people :) see you monday amarriner :)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Woo! I'm excited we finally started getting this going. Let's get some more people to fill in for the ones we lost as well, if possible.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

zielonobrody wrote:Donald Lutherhagen

We could check out the other side of the bridge. If they didn't cross it because it's collapsed, maybe they swam over?
I informed myself since nobody seems to be interested in telling Donald about the bridge. sheesh...
Not to be bitchy or anything, but we did check out the other side of the bridge and didn't find anything:

"The two have to walk back to where they left the cab as get the cabbie to drive back out Cabot Rd, up the Aylesbury Pike a bit further north and then back onto Bowen Rd to the fallen bridge. He relents, knowing he'll be paid, and picks the two back up there. As he drives them back into town, Greg and Jack see a lot of trees and forest, but not too much else."
(From "Scene 7a - Campsite Revisited, June 7th")

And it was mentioned in the current thread:

"The campsite had nothing new to show us, then we took the route back across the old bridge to see if perhaps they had used that route at any point, no luck there either. The reporter had nothing new to add either, but mentioned a man named Peabody who seems to know a lot of local history."

So unless I misunderstood any of that, I don't think that we need to go back to the bridge for the time being.

However, I don't see anything productive in Gregory or Jack going back to the San, as we pissed off the doctor there, so splitting into two groups makes sense to me. Any thoughts?
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Either way works for me. In my opinion, it's probably best I stayed away from the Sanitarium since they didn't want any journalists coming in.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Samuel wrote:
zielonobrody wrote:Donald Lutherhagen

We could check out the other side of the bridge. If they didn't cross it because it's collapsed, maybe they swam over?
I informed myself since nobody seems to be interested in telling Donald about the bridge. sheesh...
Not to be bitchy or anything, but we did check out the other side of the bridge and didn't find anything:

"The two have to walk back to where they left the cab as get the cabbie to drive back out Cabot Rd, up the Aylesbury Pike a bit further north and then back onto Bowen Rd to the fallen bridge. He relents, knowing he'll be paid, and picks the two back up there. As he drives them back into town, Greg and Jack see a lot of trees and forest, but not too much else."
(From "Scene 7a - Campsite Revisited, June 7th")

And it was mentioned in the current thread:

"The campsite had nothing new to show us, then we took the route back across the old bridge to see if perhaps they had used that route at any point, no luck there either. The reporter had nothing new to add either, but mentioned a man named Peabody who seems to know a lot of local history."

So unless I misunderstood any of that, I don't think that we need to go back to the bridge for the time being.

However, I don't see anything productive in Gregory or Jack going back to the San, as we pissed off the doctor there, so splitting into two groups makes sense to me. Any thoughts?
My bad then.

Let's see what Miss Scarlet has to say about the situation.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Just to chime in and (hopefully) clear things up slightly. There's nothing important on the "other" side of the bridge (that is, across the river from the campsite). Jack and Greg did go there to check it out and didn't find anything of note. The bridge is out, but they doubled-back and got around the river further downstream and drove up the other side to the old bridge.

Peabody is a good lead, but like Samuel said, the characters might not realize that just yet. Perhaps, though, Greg is getting irritated at the dead ends (which you mentioned in one of your posts) and just wants something to follow up on. Besides, he can't go back to Saltonstall and say he has nothing to tell. :)

Or perhaps, what Peck said about local superstition hits a nerve. And maybe, since Peabody is a local expert, Greg does think it of import. Think about what you want to ask Peabody about, too, when/if you do talk to him (that goes for all characters).

As far as splitting up, that's fine, but if you prefer to stay together, Albert can probably convince Hardstrom to get everyone in. I won't keep some of the party out this time. Either way is fine with me, though. You guys can decide, and I'll either make split threads again or have one consolidated.

Lingering thought, too, from waaay back. Gregory was supposed to have another meeting with his client (the French woman from the beginning of the story) tomorrow morning. It's not really important to the story, but if you want to roleplay that you can. Just let me know. Otherwise we'll just postpone it indefinitely. Small point, but didn't want to forget it.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Albert will simply ask about the old bridge over the Miskatonic. He doesn't want to influence Peabody with the tales of an old man beneath a dead body and a patient that escaped from the Sanitarium. :)
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Is anyone still playing?...I check this forum every day like 5 times a day and no one posts. I can't post till someone else does. I mean I know you guys all have stuff going on but posting takes no longer then checking an average person's email...

Sorry for thr rant I'm just a bit frustrated.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

I will be presumptive and say we are in agreement to go see Peabody now. Unless someone objects, perhaps the Keeper can start that thread and get us moving again.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

that means monday. Mr. Keeper is out of teh interwebz on weekendz ;) Let's go see this Peebody person :p
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TakeSolo »

Sounds okay to me.

Return to “The Condemned”