OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by amarriner »

Samuel's and Hellblazer's characters are complete (though Samuel's is not in the DP thread just yet) so we're all ready to go! I'm going to get the initial scenes up today and you can start posting in them. No one had any issues with what I mentioned in the Character Gen thread so that's how I'm going to start things.

There will be two separate threads for the two groups until you meet up (which shouldn't take too long). I don't mind if you read both of them, but be sure you keep your character's knowledge separate from your own. :)

Lastly, thanks again for playing. As I mentioned this is my first time as a Keeper so I hope it goes well. Feel free to let me know if you think it can be going better or tips on improvement. Thanks for bearing with me!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Sorry for the double-post. The two threads are up and players can post any time. In the "Students" thread, only Mickey is active right now, but he'll be picking up Albert and Donald in short order. Enjoy the game!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Dondero »

Great intro, amarriner...hope we can all do justice to all your hard work!!

Forgive me for being old, stupid and a technophobe, but what's a RSS Feed? Would I know if I have or need one???

PS Don't worry about being a new Keeper, we'll be gentle with you! :twisted:
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Dondero wrote:Great intro, amarriner...hope we can all do justice to all your hard work!!

Forgive me for being old, stupid and a technophobe, but what's a RSS Feed? Would I know if I have or need one???

PS Don't worry about being a new Keeper, we'll be gentle with you! :twisted:
Hey Dondero, thanks! I really hope I can do a good job. :)

As Riotopsys mentioned (and linked to), RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Essentially there is RSS reader software out there (Google reader is one, Firefox has something I believe) that you can give RSS feeds to which are no more than web addresses (URLs). The reader software periodically checks these feeds to see if there is new content and if so will tell you about it. It's somewhat analogous to an email inbox (sort of). So, if you subscribed to the RSS feed for this game, for example, any time there was a new post in The Condemned forum your RSS reader would tell you about it. It's pretty slick. I use Google Reader, but I'm sure there are others that might be better or just as good.

So instead of going to 10 different websites to see if there's anything new, you just use your RSS reader and it will tell you (all in one spot) whether there's new content (and what it is) on all 10 sites. Of course you can subscribe to more than 10 feeds, too, natch.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

That sounds pretty good...if I'm feeling brave, I might give it a go...thanks guys!
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Dondero wrote:That sounds pretty good...if I'm feeling brave, I might give it a go...thanks guys!
Most email/news clients can read RSS as well (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) I use Thunderbird and it's nice to see all types of new messages in one place window.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I'm sorry if I missed anything important, but I think not. I'll be going to sleep in about an hour(yep.. different time zones) so if anything is to happen to me today, I hope it happens soon :D Otherwise, I'll reply in the morning(around 1AM NY time). I hope It won't be too big a burden for everyone. I hope you don't use me as a living shield(yet :D )

Cheers! :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dondero »

I think we're almost ready to meet our Human Shield, zielon!!

Phew, this has been quite a night of posting for me.....exhaustion looms ;)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Nite everyone :) Hope you don't mind me barging in on the action :)

Keeper, please don't kill me in practice :D
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

I just got in, but am headed to bed so I'll be replying to both threads in the morning!
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

In case it's not understood, you don't need to wait for me to post in response before someone else posts. Especially if you're in a conversation or one character is asking something of another.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

amarriner,

Speaking of locations, which map are we using? I do not have the Arkham supplement, and the maps online either show different parts of town or conflict with each other. It isn't the biggest deal, but I'd like to get a good visualization for the area we are in. Can you point me to an online map that agrees with yours or something?

-Samuel
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

I'm using the one from the arkham supplement which I believe was the one reproduced in the newer rulebooks. I'll see what I can do about getting a copy up here. I'm not sure there is one online already, but I'll try to find one.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Miss Scarlet »

I scanned this map. Is this the one you are using?

Map of Arkham City: http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/8166/arkham2jh6.jpg
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Miss Scarlet wrote:I scanned this map. Is this the one you are using?

Map of Arkham City: http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/8166/arkham2jh6.jpg
It's similar to that, but expanded a little. I'm working on getting it up for you all. Should have it relatively, soon.

On another subject, I'm typically far less active over the weekend, so you might get a post or two out of me, but most of the time I'll be posting during the week.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

I'm sorry. Only now I realize this is only the northern part. This is the complete one.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8595/mapaqt5.jpg

But it's not detailed as the other one. I'll scan the other half and post here, if it's OK for you.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Sure if you want, you can post it. That's the map I have, I believe. I'm going to mark it up with the locations we've been to and post it. Probably won't be until Monday, though, unless I can find the time to do it this weekend. Thanks!
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

I'm sorry the map is already marked. It belongs to my husband that has used him a lot. But I'll scan the other half. :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Oh no problem at all, thanks! I might just end up using the one I have, but it can't hurt to have yours up for the time being. If I do get mine up, I'll post it in a new thread so there's no confusion.

Return to “The Condemned”