OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by zielonobrody »

You think that'll stop us? You'll be dead when you come back, mark my words. Gah! that sounds as I knew something. I mean your character will be dead ^^
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Um.. Is this game dead?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

No this game isn't dead. I just didn't get a chance to post yesterday (I did post on Wednesday). Thanks, Miss Scarlet, for updating me on the second group's travel plans so you're right they will arrive roughly the same time. I'm just waiting to hear how the second group (Gregory, Ondine, and Jack) want to get to the campsite then I'll start up a new thread for you there. Post any pre-campsite tasks you want to accomplish in the Bijou thread.

I'm still in on the game, and I hope everyone else is too. I know HellBlazer and Dondero said they've been busy of late and Samuel as well so I think that's the cause of the downtime. By no means is the game dead, though, as far as I'm concerned.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Miss Scarlet »

amarriner wrote:Thanks, Miss Scarlet, for updating me on the second group's travel plans so you're right they will arrive roughly the same time.
You're most welcome. That's why I'm here. :)

And btw, I'm still really here. :D This game is not dead, it just takes a slower pace. Nothing to worry about.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Treat this like the normal break between RPG sessions :) You can't really focus all your thoughts and strength into everything at the same level all the time. I'm sure we're all anxious for it to get back to the original speed :) I'm afraid it'll take a week or two, but we'll get there, so "no worries, eh?" :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Exactly. There'll be fast-paced times and slower-paced times, but I'm definitely not abandoning this game by any means. Again, the current status is this:

Group 1 (Albert, Mickey, and Donald) are heading out to the campsite in Albert's car via Cabot Rd (route #1) after making a quick stop.

Group 2 (Ondine, Gregory, and Jack) are going as well in a taxi paid for by Saltonstall after making a stop as well. I just need to know which route you're following and then we'll open up another thread for the campsite stuff. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

amarriner wrote:Group 2 (Ondine, Gregory, and Jack) are going as well in a taxi paid for by Saltonstall after making a stop as well. I just need to know which route you're following and then we'll open up another thread for the campsite stuff. :)
Since nobody else has responded, I'll say we take the same route as the others, with a mention to the cabby that we'll be wanting to be picked up at the same spot just after sundown, whatever time that is.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Perfect, okay then you're headed to the campsite all in the same direction. As Miss Scarlet mentioned you'll be getting there about the same time. I'll have a new thread up tomorrow for that.

HellBlazer, you still with us? Haven't heard from you in a bit ...

Also, I know Dondero mentioned he'd be a little less active for a short while here so we'll probably keep this slightly slower pace until he's back with us full-time. :) My apologies, too, for not posting yesterday. I strive to post every weekday, but the last couple have been rather busy. Sorry about that. Should be back to normal now.

As I said, new thread/scene tomorrow!
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Okay I know we're in a slow-down period, but I'm getting a little nervous. Miss Scarlet is still around, and I know Dondero is away for a bit. I've not heard from HellBlazer at all, though. Riotopsys and Samuel, are you guys still in this? I'd like for people to at least post here in the OOC thread (if not--as is preferable--in the IC thread) just to say you're still in the game. I just want to make sure we have our players.

I'll send HellBlazer a PM to see if he's still around and if I don't get a response by say Friday or so I'll look for a replacement. If you others could just post here in the OOC thread at least by around Wednesday that would be great. As I said, I know Dondero is away for a bit and I know Samuel has been busy so if we just want to go slower I'm okay with that (I have to go slower sometimes too!). I just want to make sure we're still going!

Thanks! :)
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

You know I'm still here. You can't get rid of me so easily. :twisted: :D
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Yup. i'm here. I just totally don't know what I should be doing. This whole examination session at my U and the slowness has sort of pushed me off track. I'll try to contribute something tomorrow on what Donald is doing.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

A briefing: we went to the Sanitarium, spoke to Henry, met the Detective Stuckey, had lunch and now we are at the campsite, as volunteers, trying to find Richard. Winston saw something odd about crows and he's heading to the place where they are concentrated.

Donald is at the campsite to help find Richard too.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Miss Scarlet wrote:A briefing: we went to the Sanitarium, spoke to Henry, met the Detective Stuckey, had lunch and now we are at the campsite, as volunteers, trying to find Richard. Winston saw something odd about crows and he's heading to the place where they are concentrated.

Donald is at the campsite to help find Richard too.
Yep, that's a good synopsis. Thanks! I'll wait for another player or two to post IC before posting about what Albert finds near the crows.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

I'd like to give Donald a bit more charachter, by suggesting that he used to go camping and hiking a lot. Denmark is a beautiful place, I'm sure there's lots of places to camp and trek, so Donald knows a bit about camping and will try to look for things that were done wrong. I don't know, maybe they made a fire and didn't dig around it to make it safer? Maybe the tent was put up sloppy? What should I be rolling for if this is OK?
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

still here, nothing to say
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Hi, still here, but wondering what happened. I've been a little busy, but not overly. I have been relying on the email notifications for updates, but haven't received any since Feb 4. I realized it had been over a week since I last got one and decided to check in. I guess something went haywire somewhere, because obviously the game has moved on since the 4th. I posted quickly in hopes of getting things going, and will check manually from now on.
We can always say Jack got drunk and passed out at the cafe....
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

zielonobrody wrote:I'd like to give Donald a bit more charachter, by suggesting that he used to go camping and hiking a lot. Denmark is a beautiful place, I'm sure there's lots of places to camp and trek, so Donald knows a bit about camping and will try to look for things that were done wrong. I don't know, maybe they made a fire and didn't dig around it to make it safer? Maybe the tent was put up sloppy? What should I be rolling for if this is OK?
Sure that sounds fine. You don't need to roll at all, just post in the IC thread to say that's what Donald is doing.

riotopsys wrote:still here, nothing to say
What is Ondine doing? Is she helping with the search? Helping Albert check out the crows?

Samuel wrote:Hi, still here, but wondering what happened. I've been a little busy, but not overly. I have been relying on the email notifications for updates, but haven't received any since Feb 4. I realized it had been over a week since I last got one and decided to check in. I guess something went haywire somewhere, because obviously the game has moved on since the 4th. I posted quickly in hopes of getting things going, and will check manually from now on.
We can always say Jack got drunk and passed out at the cafe....
No worries. Glad you're still here. It might be that you missed the new thread that came up so weren't subscribed to it. You can subscribe to the entire sub-forum, too, as well as using the RSS feed which might be better. YMMV, of course. :)

Looks like we're getting back on track. I'll give HellBlazer until tomorrow and then I'll NPC Jack and possibly look for a replacement. True, Samuel, it would be okay to leave him behind, but he might be useful to you guys. Dondero should be back next week per his last post. I just need to know what Ondine and Donald are doing (I know zielonobrody mentioned what he'd like to do, but I want to see the IC post first) and then I'll move things along IC. Let me know if you have any questions.
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Miss Scarlet wrote:Albert Winston

I can ID him too, if it's him. Richard is my student. Albert comments with Gregory, being positive until there is no more hope.
Oops! I guess I should check my facts first. I thought Albert didn't know him, but obviously I was wrong. Best to read up on the past stuff next time.....
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Don't worry. :)

Gregory didn't know Albert. They've just met. He doesn't have to know all about him. It's perfectly reasonable he made that remark.

But, if you want to know... ;)

Donald and Albert are Richard's professors
Mickey is a friend.
Gregory, Ondine and Jack were hired to find Richard, by his father.

Am I correct?
Samuel
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Samuel »

Miss Scarlet wrote: Donald and Albert are Richard's professors
Mickey is a friend.
Gregory, Ondine and Jack were hired to find Richard, by his father.

Am I correct?
Quite correct, I just forgot, it had been a bit since I went over the earlier posts, but I remedied that now.

Return to “The Condemned”