OOC: Chat

Two M.U. students headed out on a camping trip on the banks of the Miskatonic a few miles west of Arkham. Now one is missing, and the other is found wandering the Arkham streets and a raving madman.

Moderator: amarriner

Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: OOC: Chat

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Zielonobrody, did I step over your character's action? I sincerely hope not, at least it wasn't my intention. As you wrote "So they either leave or stay, no difference." I thought it'd be better if they had left the room, so I placed the following dialogue outside the room.

Then when they left the Sanitarium, Albert went to talk to Mickey and consequently with Detective Stuckey.

I sincerely hope you don't mind Albert's actions regarding your character. :)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by zielonobrody »

No. Just as I intended :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

That's fine, then. :D
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by amarriner »

Hey guys--my weekend is extended by one day this week so I'll be resuming posting Tuesday. Just wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't think I'd disappeared come Monday. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

I've never played a Woman before this is quite liberating. Shes an emotional powder keg.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Darn, what'll you stir up next? PMS anyone?
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Hay I found something interesting at the same time as out game
The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft wrote:In the summer of 1927 Wilbur repaired two sheds in the farmyard and began moving his
books and effects out to them.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Riotopsys wrote:Hay I found something interesting at the same time as out game
The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft wrote:In the summer of 1927 Wilbur repaired two sheds in the farmyard and began moving his
books and effects out to them.
That's cool! If you go to Dunwich maybe you can check in on the Whately's. On second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea. ;)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Sounds like you guys are getting ready to head to the campsite. Since I'll be gone over the weekend as usually try to figure out how you want to get there. It's a few miles outside of town. Albert has a car, but it might be a pretty tight fit for 6 people and not much room for anything else. Speaking of which give some more thought to what you'll be bringing if anything. We should be able to get you there on Monday, hopefully.
HellBlazer
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by HellBlazer »

hi all , sorry for being silent for a while.....work is swamping me.. ill try to read up and post this weekend..for just say i stick with the group?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

No problem. We'll just use you as a live shield next time ;)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

So what's it going to be, all? Heading to the campsite? How are you getting there and what are you taking? If you're not going there, then where to? :)
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

As I understand it, we are not far from the Law Offices of E. E. Saltonstall and Associates. We could go there, Mr. Gregory Atkinson could get another car (they said the company will let them have one for the investigation), then we head to the campsite. Winston could follow their taxi.

I suggest Winston takes Donald Lutherhagen and Mickey O'Dwyer, and Gregory Atkinson, Ondine Dumont and Jack Roberts take a taxi to the offices and from there they could go in the company's car.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

sounds good to me :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Sorry all, today's been crazy. I'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Go git'em Cowboy! :)
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Samuel wrote:Sorry if it seems like I'm railroading the story, but my character's situation and persona makes me think he will be wanting to satisfy his boss ASAP, and not dilly-dally with contemplation. I know this can be lethal in Cthulhu, but I have to be true to him.
No problem for me. Winston would do the same but he doesn't have any boss on his tail, so he can consider going back to the Campus before heading to the campsite. But I think we can consider we'll arrive there at almost the same time, because I don't think it will take much time to Donald and Mickey get ready. :)
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Okay so here's what I think we have so far:

Gregory, Ondine and Jack are heading right from the law offices to the campsite. Someone else mentioned you getting a car from Saltonstall, but I figure it's probably more likely that he'll just want you to take a cab. I don't think he'd have a car for the firm. So that's fine, and the firm will pay for it so you guys are set there.

Mickey, Albert, and Donald are going in Albert's car, but are stopping at the University again first, right? You'll probably arrive shortly after the other group, but not that much different.

You guys all got to the cafe at 11:05 am. Figure it took about an hour to eat and then another 45 minutes or so to get straightened out and on to the site so you'd get there in the vicinity of 1:00 pm or so.

One last thing to ask: Stuckey mentioned two ways of getting to the site. You can take Cabot Road off the Aylesbury Pike and walk a half-mile up the river or take Bowen Road and be a closer, but the Detective did mention that the bridge was out that way and it might be tricky. Just need to know which cars are taking which route and what the second group is going to do at the university. We can finish up all the pre-campsite stuff in the Bijou thread.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Miss Scarlet »

First, I understand Ondine would go to her apartment.
Ondine wrote:When Gregory arrives with the car Ondine takes a seat and asks to swing by her apartment, where she collects an electric torch and a set of unstylish practical boots.
So, it'll take a little longer for them too.

Second, Albert won'd do anything. He'll just take Donald and Mickey to the University to get some stuff. He'll be waiting for them.

Third, what Donald is going to do:
Donald wrote:Donald will search the attic for his old trekking backpack. He'll take a hunting knife and a utility knife, a blanket, trekking shoes, spare socks, an electric torch. He'll change into something more comfortable for the outdoors and he'll take a coat. Something to make a fire. He might look wierd with a backpack on his back, but what the heck.
I don't know about Mickey because he didn't post yet.

Fouth, Winston will drive out the Aylesbury Pike, take Cabot road and hike a short way north along the river. No tricky roads for him.
Dondero
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dondero »

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while, work has been a bit of a nightmare. I'll try and get a post in tomorrow, once I've caught up a bit. My posting will be a bit patchy over the next week, got loads going on. I'm also on a work jaunt to India for a week or so from next Thursday so no posts from there....normal service shall resume weekend of 16th Feb! :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Return to “The Condemned”