Chapter 2 : V-day Unulaq and Tornuaq

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day Unulaq and Tornuaq

Post by Andrew »

"I agree brother, with what these men bring to the fight they make us look like primitive igloo living Inuits... oh wait we are." Tornuaq stated trying to cause a laugh. "However bad my joke... I do agree that we need to get back and pass out what we have. I wish we had time to skin that shiny skin off them, did you see how it protected their bodies from harm?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: We didn't take their armor?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: I didn't see that listed under what we grabbed. Although I did say that Tornuaq started to undo at least the one suit. Could have been an oversight but I didn't see it listed in what was grabbed.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Unalaq was strapping both Thorrin and the armor into the sleds, he said, "The last time we took off, you were rushed. When you try to rush things, that is when mistakes happen. But if you are apprehensive, you drive my sled. Try to keep my dogs alive."

OC- OK we're back on. As for tyhe Viking armor, there were three chain shirts in total. I wasn't sure wether or not Unulaq grabbed the chainmail but based on the above post he grabbed some armor right? We'll say he had enough time to grab the shirts only from the two Vikings that Tornuaq killed cuz they were close to the sled he is now on. That means you have three chain shirts. One of them is Thorrins. You had to leave the Viking with the big ass axe with his armor on cuz there wasn't the time to strip him down properly. Sound good?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Sounds good here, carry on sir.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

After a brief rest the two Dorset brothers continue across the icy plains back to their home. Unulaq's sled moves much slower than Tornnuaq's with the loss of the two sled dogs. Tornuaq has to slow their pace if they wish to stay together.

They travel for just over an hour and Tornuaq's thoughts drift often to the knife. Thorrin stirs on cue as Tornuaq fantasizes about holding the Viking blade once more in hands. He mumbles incoherently in his Icelandic tongue.

Unulaq, trailing behind, spots something in the distance just to the north east of them. A lone figure scarcely dressed for the harsh winter environment stumbles through the snow. He heads south for the ocean but is far too undersupplied for the journey.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq whistles to Tornuaq and veers off course by shifting his weight and guiding the dogs ... he starts heading toward the person off wandering by his lonesome.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq looked behind him and seeing his brother change course did so as well. Once the course was changed he slowed down to get beside him and asked, "What is it brother?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq pointed in the direction of the person walking off in the distance as he said "I see someone ... they may need help. So may we." He turned his attention back to driving and looked for the person again, hoping not to lose sight of them in the tundra terrain.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq too began scanning the ice and snow for the lone person Unalaq mentioned.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

In the now cloudless sky,once properly noted, the lone figure walking the plains is easy to keep in sight. He doesn't seem to notice the two brothers approach by sled until they get to within 50 metres or so. He stops and takes a defensive postion, angling his body to the right to minimize his exposure to attack. Tornuaq notices the man is clutching his side and seems to be stumbling and his movements are very shakey.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Does he look viking or inuit? I'm guessing viking or else he wouldn't be worried about an attack.

Tornuaq slowed his sled down and shouted, "Hjalpa!" and pointed at the man, he then pointed to himself and said, "Tornuaq." and then to Thorrin and Unalaq and repeated their names. He then looked to the wounded man and said, "Hjalpa? Faida?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Upon closer inspection the figure looks neither Viking nor Inuit. Wearing a thin cloth fur lined hooded robe, he could not have travelled far. He slowly lifts his head as Tornuaq begins to call out in what little of the Viking tongue he had picked up so far from Thorrin and those men he had killed. He raises a hand to the two brothers and both Tornuaq and Unulaq can see that it is drenched in blood. So much so that it is dripping onto the snow. As her turns to address the brothers, they also notice hs robes are drenched in blood as well. In a raspy hollow voice he calls out.

Go away! I'll kill you all!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq looked to Unalaq and shrugged, "Who are we to go against his wishes... unless he's killed others." Shouting to the man, "I am Tornuaq, whose blood drips from you?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq looked to Tornuaq and shook his head, "It is not anyone but his own blood, Tornuaq." He stepped off his dog sled and took just a couple steps toward the man before stopping, "This area is dangerous. There are ... strangers on the ice, not like yourself ... but like him," he pointed to Thorrin, "... only not so peaceful. They tried to kill us. They will find your trail of blood and kill you too. Let us try to stop that bleeding. If you wish, we can bring you back to our village and we can help you heal up before you head off on your journey."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Unluaq approaches, he notices the man is keeping his face hidden from him behind his hooded robe. He coughs and spits as he chuckles to himself, covering a large patch of snow with his own blood and snot.

The Norsemen... Yes! They will reach the mountain! You will not! As the for the blood..... it is mostly mine!

He then puts his blood soaked hand up to his lips. Both Dorset brothers can see the man's tongue slowly reach out from behind th hood and lick at his bloodied fingers.

But not all of it. Some belongs to the Shaman! So delicious, her magic and her marrow.

OC - Spot Hidden checks.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden (70%) (1d100=18)

Unalaq frowned noticably. Another dispicable creature in their midst. How violent the unforgivable icelands had become lately. "Why would you attack a shaman?" he asked the person before them as he took a few steps back toward his sled - closer to his spear.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Why?

The hooded man wheezes and spits out even more blood. He turns and looks away from Unulaq, his face receeding further into his own shadow. He growls very much like an animal and the effort forces him onto one knee hacking and convulsing as he vomits a shower of blood and bile onto the snow.

We will drive you from this land human. For the one true god has come!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Spot Hidden (60%) (1d100=71)

Tornuaq suddenly became interested in the sky the way the clouds moved swimmingly through the darkness and the moon seemed to playfully hide behind them... so beautiful. He heard Unalaq speaking to the stranger and knew it was time to kill yet another evil presence on the ice.

Tornuaq shook his head and drew his new viking steel, "Well where we come from, you kill a shaman, we kill you."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq snatched up his spear from his sled and nodded, "I have had just about enough of you arrogant creatures trying to bully your way into our land. You will die just like your cousin back at the beach. Make your peace with your god."

He lifts his spear and starts to charge the thing.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”