Chapter 2 : V-day Unulaq and Tornuaq

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day Unulaq and Tornuaq

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Unulaq finds his position between the two brutes and the Viking Braega swings his axe fast and furiously for Unulaq's head, also wishing to end the battle quickly. Unulaq easily gets his club up in time and the Viking's huge axe digs deep into the whale bone club. The club holds and Unulaq brings it down hard on Braega's back, staggering the Viking, clearly not used to this sort of resisitance.

The Viking Archer gathers his bow and takes careful aim at Tornuaq. He fires off two arrows which soar safely past Tornuaq's head.

oc- Unulaq does 4 damage to the Viking Braega.

oc- One more round of charging, Tornuaq ,and you'll be there.

oc- Unulaq. Rolls please....
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: I want to note, I am keeping the guy with the axe between me and the guy with the bow and arrow (I am not between them... that was never the intent)... that way if he's shooting at me, he's shooting at his friend too. I think I missed my parry this time... which is just as well because it would have broke my club anyway. I hope he misses though.

club attack; damage; parry; breakage (1d100=27, 1d8+1+1d4=10, 1d100=88, 1d100=13)

Unalaq continuously adjusts his footing to keep the axeman between him and the arrows, making it an even smaller target for the archer ... and he risks shooting his own friend as well in the progress. Unalaq smiles with the satisfaction of sound strategy as he brings his club down hard in an overhand strike toward the Viking wielding the axe. He hopes to cave in the man's skull, but he'd be happy just to shatter a collar bone.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc: I want to note, I am keeping the guy with the axe between me and the guy with the bow and arrow (I am not between them... that was never the intent)... that way if he's shooting at me, he's shooting at his friend too. I think I missed my parry this time... which is just as well because it would have broke my club anyway. I hope he misses though.

oc - gottcha! Bow dood is firing on Tornuaq but your position is noted.

Braega holds his axe up high and brings it crashing down on Unulaq's arm. Unulaq raises his massive bone club to stop the blow but the Viking is too quick. Unulaq screams out in pain and retaliates with a savage blow to Braega's leg. Both men fall to the ground in terrible pain. Braega rolls away from Unulaq down the opposite side of the hill clutching a sharp piece of Bone protruding from his knee. Unulaq wasn't sure if the bone came from his club or belonged to Braega, but either way, Unulaq had injured Braega severely.

The Viking with the bow retreats down the snowy hill and fires off two more arrows towards the dangerously approaching Tornuaq. The first arrow hits Tornuaq right in the chest knocking the air out of the Dorset warrior. The second arrow snaps in half as the Viking's string comes loose and smacks him in the face. The Viking drops to his knees and scoops up a bit of snow to stop the burning sensation left by the lashing of the bow string.

oc- Tornuaq Conx5 check to see if you lose time reaching the Viking. Also give me a luck roll... (for kicks)

oc- Unulaq please wait to find out how much damge you take. In think it will be 7.

oc - Please allow me time to look up a critical hit with an arrow and a piercing hit with an axe. Both Vikings rolled very well.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

DSIGFUSS wrote: Both Vikings rolled very well.
Apparently so.

Conx5= (70%) (1d100=52)
Luck (60%) (1d100=80)

Tornuaq gritted his teeth as he felt the arrow sink into his chest. He tried as hard as he could to keep his pace to get to his brother.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

oc- OK...

Unulaq - You take a total of 8 damage from Braega. Roll DEXx5 to avoid falling down the hill.

Tornuaq - You are fine and still trucking... You can attack now with a -5 Initiative.

From now on, depending on how successful you were in striking, I'm going to say this :

20% of your attack roll is an incredible strike. Of that 20%

1-10% -completely bipasses armour.
11-20% - bipasses half of the armor.

so if your skill is 60%. then 12% is your range.

1-6% completely bipassses armor.
7-12% bipasses 1/2 armor.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Initiative (1d10-5=-4)
Sword (70%) (1d100=28)
Damage (1d6+1, 1d4=[4, 1], [2])
Parry (70%) (1d100=98)

Tornuaq hauls ass to Unalaq's side attacking with the viking sword. He gets up on the hill and strikes for the viking with the battle axe.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: You should make sure to jot these house rules in some thread so we can all look back and find them later when we need to. So you don't have to go searching through all the threads to find out where you posted it at when you need it.

DEXx5 (70%) (1d100=17)

Unalaq clutches his arm as blood gushes out from the axe blow. However, he maintains his footing on the slippery slope and watches as the Viking rolls down clutching his knee. Finally, he was not alone, "Tornuaq, I've never been happier to see you." With Tornuaq charging for the man with the axe, Unalaq went for the man with the bow. "Now, let's finish this!"

He closed the distance and hefted up the club, then howled in the pain of using his wounded arm and missed his attack terribly.

Club attack (60%); damage; parry; breakage (1d100=88, 1d8+1+1d4=12, 1d100=13, 1d100=92)
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq smiled at his brother at first until he noticed his arm. "You're hurt brother! I hope the wound isn't to bad." He then holds out his bone sword for Unalaq, "Take this if you like, I killed two of them with it, it seems Sedna has blessed this sword."

Tornuaq knew only one thing in this whole confusing situation of a day. That of all the people he knew and loved, it was Unalaq that he was here with now. Tornuaq loved Mannitok as his brother but always thought him more as a younger more playful sibling, Unalaq he looked up to as his older, wiser and stronger brother, the brother that you would want to fight back to back with if someone had attacked you. With that thought in mind, Tornuaq spun around so that his back was against Unalaq's.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The bow carrying Viking rolls to the side and looks up at Unulaq with genuine fear in his eyes as he brings the club down hard into the snow. He rolls to the side still holding his long viking blade and turns to run as Tornuaq joins Unulaq's side. Braega (on the opposite side of the hill ) begins to limp away as well into the darkness, his torch lay burning atop the hill at the brother's feet.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Unulaq? Pursue or let them go? Your call brother." Tornuaq stated, he hoped like hell it was pursue. For starters no one attacks his brother and walks away and also he just obtained this new sword, it was time to try it out.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unalaq looked at the bowman running away and then shot a look at the axeman limping away, and pointed at the later, "We will not catch the runner... but that one is leaving a trail of blood and limping slowly. He dies... we will be doing him a favor, a swift death instead of dying slowly in the snow and ice."

He started chasing the man with the axe, holding is arm as he ran. He paused for only a second as he slid the bone club back on his back and scooped up his spear.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq and Unulaq follow the tracks through the snow with no need for slowing down. His trail is thick with blood and disturbed snow. In no time they reach him, limping and breathing heavily. Braega looks behind and then stops to face the two Dorset brother's and most likely his doom.

oc - Dorset boys - roll init plus all the others yo.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Initiative (1d10=10) (Dex = 14)

Stone spear attack (70%); damage; parry; breakage (1d100=51, 1d6+1+1d4=6, 1d100=88, 1d100=5)

"There he is," Unalaq smiles an evil little grin as they caught up with the axe-weilder. He moves in quick, his uninjured arm doing most of the work as he thrusts with his stone spear... but he can tell the damage of the impact wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. He needed to get his arm checked out.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Initiative (1d10=4)
Sword (70%) (1d100=59)
Damage (1d6+1, 1d4=[5, 1], [2])
Parry (70%) (1d100=91)

Tornuaq steps up and attacks as well. He knew it was a mercy killing at this point but he felt more like a murderer. The man was dead but he couldn't even put up a fight.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Braega lifts his axe high in the air in one last ditch effort to save himself. Unulaqis first to reach him and drives his spear deep into the Vikings side before he can swing his axe. The Vikings amour deflects the majority of the blow but Unulaq still manages to find some fleshy revenge for the wound Braega gave him back on the hill. Tornuaq follows in close behind his brother and with his new Viking weapon, finishes Braega. Braega collapses into the snow and lies still in the cold cold wind.

oc - San 1/1d6 Checks all around people for the battle. (This is the first time either Tornuaq or Unulaq has killed a human being)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Just a couple notes on the last post...
DSIGFUSS wrote:Tornuaq is first to reach him and drives his spear deep into the Vikings side before he can swing his axe.

I think this was supposed to say Unalaq.
(This is the first time either Tornuaq or Maniitok has killed a human being)

I think that was supposed to say Unalaq instead of Maniitok too. Help, I'm being written out of the story!

Oh, and as a reminder, you need to update my hit points on my character sheet, unless you're keeping track of them somewhere else. Probably not a bad idea for a Keeper, keep all the PC hit points, power points, and sanity points (values that change a lot) in one centrally located post. Just a suggestion.

I'd also like to try a few other skill checks. First aid on my injury, Insight to see if I can figure out anything about these people, Spot Hidden on this dead dude to see if he's hiding anything, Repair/Devise to figure a way to combine the sled dogs together, lash the dog sleds together, and drive them like that - I figure that way, both Unalaq and Tornuaq can get dog-sled drive checks and if one of them succeeds, then they're good to go. Is it feasible? If not, we can take one dog from my sled and put it on his sled, then put the injured dog(s) that are still alive in my sled tied down.

Unalaq said "Thanks for the offer of the sword, but I never touched one before. I would just as likely throw it across the ice as strike my foe with it." He took only a moment to regard the fallen warrior.

Sanity (53) (1d100=6) Lost 1 point.

He supposed he should feel bad about it, but he knew there was no time for feeling guilty. This man had comrades, and they're likely to be brought their direction soon once that bow-wielder finds them and warns them.

Unalaq knelt down beside the man and started stripping the chain shirt off of him. "This stone skin ... it is very good against my spear. I think maybe good against that sword too, and the axe. We would do well to put it to use for us." As he was stripping the chain armor off, he was looking for other items hidden on the man's body.

Spot Hidden (70%) (1d100=58)

With the chain and axe (and whatever else he found) taken from the body, Unalaq starts making his way to his dog sled. He says "Come on, I will give you a ride back to your sled."

Once they are back to his sled, he takes a look at his arm injury, and tries to bind it to keep it from bleeding further.

First Aid (30%) (1d100=14)

"You took an arrow, are you all right?" Unalaq asked Tornuaq before trying to move out on the sled.

"I wonder if maybe we can strap our sleds together somehow and combine the dogs to pull both sleds?" He considers the idea, then dismisses it, "No... it would probably be too burdensome for the team."

Repair / Devise (20%) (1d100=71)

Knowing they aren't in any immediate danger now, he takes his time to get the dog sled rolling without risking harm to the animals.

Drive Dog Sled (45%) (1d100=49)

ooc: I know ... this fails, do I roll it again or does something bad happen? He's not in any rush, so I wasn't even sure a drive roll was needed.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I think that was supposed to say Unalaq instead of Maniitok too. Help, I'm being written out of the story!
oc- woops.. I think that was a Friday night drunken post. haha!
Oh, and as a reminder, you need to update my hit points on my character sheet, unless you're keeping track of them somewhere else. Probably not a bad idea for a Keeper, keep all the PC hit points, power points, and sanity points (values that change a lot) in one centrally located post. Just a suggestion.
oc- That's a good idea for HP and Sanity points. I'll make a thread up.
I'd also like to try a few other skill checks. First aid on my injury, Insight to see if I can figure out anything about these people, Spot Hidden on this dead dude to see if he's hiding anything, Repair/Devise to figure a way to combine the sled dogs together, lash the dog sleds together, and drive them like that - I figure that way, both Unalaq and Tornuaq can get dog-sled drive checks and if one of them succeeds, then they're good to go. Is it feasible? If not, we can take one dog from my sled and put it on his sled, then put the injured dog(s) that are still alive in my sled tied down.
oc- You can take the time to bind your wounds but remember the three other torches on the beach calling for Thorrin. They are no that close but it would be risky to hang around, escpecially since on of the Vikings escaped.

oc- roll idea or come up with a plan... but it would be good to get away quick. Your first aid is successful. Unulaq gets back 3 HP. Your spot hidden is also successful.

Unulaq seaches Braega and finds several small throwing axes looped into his furs. Braega wears a shiny metal neclace with a beautifully crafted amulet on the end. The amulet bears symbols similar to those on Thorrin's dagger but different. Braega also wears a scrimasax and scabbard on his leg.

When the brothers arrive back at Tornuaq's sled to assess the damage. Thorrin is passed out yet again but is still breathing.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Idea (60%) (1d100=37)

Seeing one of Tornuaq's dogs dead (right?), Unalaq takes one of his dogs off and puts it on Tornuaq's sled. While he's doing that, he tells Tornuaq "Take the shiny skins off those two as well," he points at the Vikings laying dead.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Yup... dead dog.

Tornuaq runs over to the two vikings and strips them of their shiny skins and another other new and interesting objects they carried. "You still wanting Thorrin to ride with me?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Does not matter to me. Either way it will weight about the same," Unalaq responds.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”