Chapter 2 : V-day : Alrik, Weolf and Ingvar

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Chapter 2 : V-day : Alrik, Weolf and Ingvar

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Torvog just finishes a rune toss and a smile crosses his lips. Finally after seven tosses, he wins one.

Take that Bard! Loki smiles on me this day! You see how I pretend to lose so horribly and for so long and then I sneak in from the side and get......... almost half of my silver..... back.

Torvog can't shake his smile even though Alrik had taken him for almost a weeks wages. He leans in to collect some of the silver he lost from Alrik as the door of the hold swings suddenly open. A large hairy man, Alrik immediately recognizes as Oddlog, stumbles over himself as that no good son of a bitch Gilliog pushes him through the door. He stumbles and trips over himself, dumping the table and all the rune chips and silver go flying in every direction.

Ock! Me winnings! Do over! Do over!

Gilliog ushers in four more men. Alrik remembers Hildegarr as Oddlog's cut throat accomplice. He's witness first hand the two Viking brutes in battle before and Hildegarr shows no mercy to man woman or child. Behind Hildegarr, Gilliok shoves Ingvar and Weoulf who carry their friend Sigfurd. Sigfurd is badly wounded and barely conscious. His blood soaked tunic bares his family crest. Alrik knows it to be a sign of long lost nobilty. That sort of shield hardly carries any weight anymore, but Alrik is well aware of his family's brave and tragic history.

Last to enter is Edgar. Edgar mostly keeps to himself and is one of the most well mannered of all the Icebreaker's crew. How he got mixed up into all this, Alrik can only guess.

Gilliog walks up to Torvog (the jailer) and beams his pleasure in sending all these troublemakers to the hold.

The Captain wants you to hold this bunch till we reach Helluland Torvog. Now they're your problem. I wash my hands of you lot, though I will miss cracking my whip over your back, Ingvar you stupid lout!

The hold is a small room with two dingy looking barred cells adjacent to each other. Torvog's distilling equipment takes up a good amount of space in the back and of the rest of the floor is covered by Torvog's cot and his oversized table which he often uses for gambling events during long sailing expeditions. Inside one of the cells is Bergor. While most Vikings drink ale for fun and to celebrate the gods, Bergor drinks for a different reason. He drinks to stop the shaking..... a true drunk by every stretch of the imagination. Many times he's almost drank himself to death and he gets into more trouble than any Viking on board. He has no friends and many enemies. Plus he just vomited all over himself and his cell.

Torvog gets to his feet and opens up both cell doors. He usher Oddlog and Hildegarr into Bergor's cell and Oddlog cries his disapproval.

Orrr! There's fresh puke on the floor! It smells like your mother Gilliog you cock sucking goat herder! Tween her legs at least. Ha!

Gilliog snarls at Oddlog!

Aye! I'll be seeing you soon Oddlog! The whole lot of yah can go to Hel for all I care!

Hildegarr follows Oddlog into the cell and shoves Bergor off the only clean side of the single cot now mostly covered in vomit. Teh smell is wretched.

Move it skag!

Bergor resists but eventually moves for Hildegarr. Hildegarr was a scary man at the best of times. Still Bergor had to say something.

Fuck off! Yah wee cunt!

Weoulf, Ingvar, Edgar and Sigfurd are thrown violently one after another into the remaining cell. Edgar lies Sigfurd down on the only cot and he groans in pain calling out for his friends.

Ohhhhhhhhh! Ingvar...... Weolf....... Where are we?

Edgar immediately begins to tend his wounds. He looks up at Weolf and Ingvar.

We're in the hold son...... He should be fine! He just needs some food and some rest!

Torvog slams both cell doors shut and Gilliog storms out of the hold laughing. Alrik is dumbfounded by his own eyes. Where once the witch's prophecy concerned one man. Now he must deal with seven.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day : Alrik, Weolf and Ingvar

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf gets to his feet, and grapples with the bars, screaming. "Oi, Torvog!"

[OOC: It's Weoulf, not Weolf, by the way.]
Last edited by OathinBlood on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik stares down the prisoners. Anger creases his face, which angers him more. His looks are very important to him. He knows that the men sometimes fear his presence because of the magic he wields. There have been a couple that have challenged him only to find out that he knows how to fight with the best of them. His is a place of authority and woe to the man who challenges him. Silence!!! I will not have you talking to each other right now. Right now I'm only interesting in hearing what happened, and I warn you keep it brief or I will send you to the witch. The last man who was sent there pleasured her before losing his head. Alrik shudders involuntarily at the thought.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Torvog crashes his mace on the steel bars. Weoulf manages to snap his fingers back just in time to avoid having them broken.

You heard the man lads! Answer the Bard or they'll be no gruel for the lot of you! You'll got to sleep hungry for all I care! If'n you name names, I'll make sure you get a glass of me special reserves for your trouble. So just what in Hell happened? Speak up!
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Ingvar horks a black bloody goo onto the floor before walking over to meet Alriks stare.

"That's the PURDIEST man I ever seen!", he says with a long toothless grin.

"What happened between us and those two pustules aint nearly as exciting as what's going to happen when I get free." "Ya hear that, Oddlog you rat bastard? You're gonna BUUURN!!"
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik sees that he isn't getting anywhere. He looks at Ingvar and smiles. His teeth in contrast are perfect. He starts with humming and then begins to sing. Little do they know that this song will take all of the fight out of them. Alrik closes his eyes as the magic of the song washes over him.

Those songs I know, which nor sons of men
nor queen in a king's court knows.

An eighth I know: which all can sing
for their weal if they learn it well;
where hate shall wax 'mid the warrior sons,
I can calm it soon with that song.

naudhiz naudhiz naudhiz
n n n n n n n n n
nu na nu ne no
nudh nadh hudh nedh niodh
(nut nat nit net not)
un an in en on
n n n n n n n n n
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ock! Ingvar! I'll knock the rest of your teeth in yah daft cunt!

Oddlog was just reaching through the bars for Ingvar when Alrik began to sing. Most had heard and seen a bard's magical song before. Captain Gunharr often used them in place of witches to spur his men on before a charge. He mistrusted women and their powerful magic. A Bard was clearly the lesser ofthe two evils. Everyone in the roo, however had never heard a song like this... His voice, beautiful as the dawn, quickly began to soothe the party's anger. Even Torvog loosened his grip on his mace.

[O.C. Alrik - roll your musical talent skill]
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

oc. you rolled a 1 because you rolled 1d1 instead of 1d10 (or 1d100?)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Yeah I caught that. We'll wait for Pianoman to maker the roll to see if you are effected by the calming effects of the song.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

All of the Prisoners can't help but listen to Alrik's entrancing voice as he pipes out the words of the Havamal. The fight slowly drains from everyone in the room. Every man's head tilts slightly to the right and their eyes wander until Alrik's soulful singing comes to an end. When he finishes his rune song, all the men are calm and at peace with themselves and the events which landed them in the hold.

[O.C - Only the most upset people in the room get a save of sorts. A reverse Sanity check. Ingvar and Oddlog get one opportunity to roll over their sanity to be immune to the words of Odin. If you fail your roll, please act as though the fight were water under the bridge. You are not friends with Oddlog and Hildegarr by any means and are not under hypnotic suggestion. Your characters are simply calm and subdued. Act accordingly. ;) ]
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

(o.c. rolled 61, not sure what my sanity is, i think this probably fails?)

"That's damn right... that's damn right. You said it all brother."
Ingvar sits.
"Man, this is a long boat ride."

(oc. or else he froths at the mouth)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

[O.C - Ingvar, along with everyone else in the room is calm and clear headed once again. The fight still lies clear in their minds. There just doesn't seem to be any point in dwelling on it. What's done is done right lads?]

A tear comes to Torvog's eye as Alrik finishes.

That was fucking beautiful Alrik. So whart happened lads? Who's to blame for this mess?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik nods thank you to Torvog. He is content to just sit back and let the jailer do the questioning.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

You heard the man! Fess up! Who started it?
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

"All right, all right... in all honesty, Oddlog started it. Then his little bitch Hildegarr stabbed me in the thigh!! Look at this gash!!" Ingvar says, showing his leg to the jailor.

"LOOK AT IT!!!"

"I NEED BALM DAMMIT!!!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hildegarr stands up.

That's a bloody lie yah ingnant goat fucker! Ingvar drew his axe. I seen em... I was in the right!

Oddlog rises as well and puts his foot in a fresh pool of Berger's vomit. He shoves the drunken Berger off the cot. Berger groans and pulls himself to his feet swaying back and forth in a drunken stupor.

Ock! Berger! Yah daft cunt! Hildegarr's right... It was Bloody Ingvar! He's a psycho!

Edgar chimes in.

Ingvar speaks the truth Torvog, and you know me from a liar. Oddlog started the Fight, but Ingvar did pull his Axe first. It all went downhill from there.

Edgar explains the more subtle points of the brawl to Torvog, emphasizing the brutal stabbing Hildegarr gave Sigmund. Torvog nods throughout Edgar's story obviously trusting him over any of the other combatants.

If this is true Hildegarr.... and Sigford dies or gets poorly on me... it's the axe for you be sure.

Torvog crosses his arms and looks everyone up and down. He leans over and whispers to Alrik.

Shouldn't we be getttin the witch Alrik? She said if 'n there were any new developments here in the hold.... well I'm quite scared of her if I can tell yah the truth..... I don't want to be.... er... I'd call this a new development wouldn't yah now?
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

"Witch? What bloody witch?!", roars Weoulf, overhearing Torvog. Weoulf is not fond of the supernatural in the realm of men, and so is skeptical of witches and their kind.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik raises an eyebrow to Torvog. Why don't you go and fetch her. I will stay here and await your return. Alirk stops him as he is about to leave. Oh yes and leave me the keys. Alrik turns back to the jail and looks all of the men up and down. His gaze stops on Ingvar. For a second he stares wieghing Ingvar. So you drew your axe first, but in self defense it seems. Still there will be plenty of killing to do once we land. I suggest you keep that axe holstered for the rest of this trip or I will take it from you like a child. He turns to Oddlog. You on the other hand started the fight. You're lucky I don't kill you where you stand. I think instead we will let the witch take you back to her quarters and have her way with you. Maybe next time you'll think twice before starting something on my ship.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”