Charpter 2 : V-day : Weoulf : In the Witches Chambers

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Charpter 2 : V-day : Weoulf : In the Witches Chambers

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka cackles and cracks her old boney knuckles the entire walk back to her private chambers. Torvog prods you along with his mace. On the deck, you see Captain Gunharr speaking with your friend Orm and the captain's advisor Osvauld. The talk seems very serious as all three men are nodding intensely to each other. Captain Gunharr puts his hands on both men's shoulders and whispers some encouraging words before returning back down below deck.

Image Image Image
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Charpter 2 : V-day : Weoulf : In the Witches Chambers

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf is furious, though slightly curious as to his fate and the prophecy and very scared of the witch and her plans. He stays silent, cursing the witch with his eyes.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Giggling and cackling to herself, grinning greedily up at Weoulf, the witch wrings her hands like an old dish towel as she walks. She passes right by Orm and Osvauld and scowls at them as she walks by. Weoulf doesn't say a word to Orm as they pass. Melkorka, however, revels in the opportunity to speak and turns around to adress Orm and Osvauld.

The Captain left you out here then, eh boys? Maybe to keep an eye on old Hudinn up there.

She points up to the sails and everyone can see a black Raven perched atop the highest mast. Never caught the attention of one Odin's damned birds before... We must be doing something right eh boys?

Melkorka reaches out to touch Orm with one of her long nailed, dirty fingers and then falls short just a few inches from his chin.

......or something terribly wrong..... who knows with dem black chickens flying about. It's cold out her Osvauld... You can join me in my private chambers if you wish to warm your bones..... and any other extremities?

Torvog standing behind Melkorka and Torvogshakes his head and mouths the word "No" to Orm and Osvauld.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf shutters, coldly watching the damned witch while trying to bolster his courage for his fate.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oc - sorry I meant to say Torvog shakes his head and mouth No! I changed it.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Osvauld ignores Melkorka's words and gives her a bland stare.

"What are you doing with him?" He nods toward Weoulf.

Melkorka smiles and turns her wicked smile back to Weoulf

I have seen this man in a vision Osvauld.... He who has been marked by time! I wish to question young succulent Weoulf in private. What were you and the Captain up to would be a better question. What point in preparing for the inevitable eh? Ha Ha Ha Ha!
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf widens his eyes, giving Osvauld a meaningful HELP ME! look.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

In his deep voice, Osvauld recites:

All will prove true that thou askest of runes --
those that are come from the gods,
which the high Powers wrought, and which Odin painted:
then silence is surely best.

The Witch closes her eyes as Osvauld recites the Eddas. She seems to enjoy every word as if it were dear to her heart. When he finishes, Melkorka grins devilishly.

So then chosen one.... I assume Gunnharr has told you much. No matter... All I require from you Osvauld is your loyalty. Come Torvog. My... interrogation awaits.

With that Melkorka turns around hobbles back to her private chambers. She glances back to make sure Weoulf and Torvog are following. Torvog gives Weoulf an apologetic look before he pokes his mace into his ribs and prods him along after Melkorka like an suspicious cow to the slaughter.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf forces himself to calm down, and starts observing the witch like he would a deer that he is hunting, noticing her gait, the way she carries herself, any possible weak points on her body...
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Weoulf and Torvog follow behind Melkorka. The witch look weak to Weoulf's eyes. She seems as if she would collapse and break into a thousand pieces even now. They follow the witch through the meeting hall and approach a door. Melkorka removes a black key from her robes and unlock the door. A rich pungeant odor fills both Torvog's and Weoulf's nose. The witch walks into her private chambers and starts to cackle wildly. Torvog stops at the door and winces from the smell.

That's as far as I go Weoulf. Good luck lad!
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf glances despairingly at Torvog, then steps into the witches' damned chambers, staying as close to the door as he can.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Come in my pretty!

Melkorka beckons Weoulf inside her chambers.

The smell of the room brings tears to Weoulf's eyes. Glass jars litter crude wooden shelving all along the walls. Inside float various horrifying ingredients and small mammals as well all manner of disgusting unidentifiable creatures. She lights some incense which helps to cover the disgusting aroma pulsating off this room. Weoulf continues to search the room. He just can't help himself. The potent mixture of fear and curiosity is just too overwhelming. His eyes come to rest on a severed human head locked up in a bird cage right next to Melkorka's bed. The African man's head with long matted hair and bone ring piercings covering his face seems to be the origin of the pungeant smell. Teh head is still rotting and trhe flesh has turned gray and blue in some blotchy patches. She bends over and whispers something to the head and begins her cackling all anew. Melkorka points a long boney finger at Weoulf and then points to a stool made from what Weoulf hopes was not human bone.

Sit Weoulf! I must discern if you indeed are the man I have forseen in my visions..... Please hold out your hand.

Torvog closes the door behind Weoulf and the smell of death and decay immediately thickens in the room. Melkorka reaches into a small chest and pulls out a metal pan and some bone chips with runes scratched on their surface. She closes her eyes and tosses the bones into the pan. The witch hands Weoulf a short scramasax and holds the pan in front of him.

It is better if the blood is offered rather than taken Weoulf! Please... we do not have much time!
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf thinks to retaliate. How dare this witch expect him to offer his blood - but considering the options, he reconsiders. He could probably slay the witch in a single blow, but then he'd probably be executed. The witch was going to get his blood, one way or another. Best he cut himself than have that venomous hag do it.

Forcing himself to relax, but not quite successfully, Weoulf nicks his finger.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The witch grabs Weoulf's finger and wrings the blood into a small clay dish covered in tiny runes. The blood seems to float just above the dish as Melkorka swirls it, her round bloodshot eyes dartiing from Weoulf to the dish and back again. She cackles to herself as the divination spell seems to be working.

To whom does this man serve!

The blood swirls about and rises, now inches from the surface of the dish. The blood begins to etch lines into the air until clearly a Rune can be seen.

The witch smiles..

You serve Loki young Viking. The vile trickster... the strongest of the giants. Punished for the murder of Balder, fairest of the Viking Lords. Under a venomous sink does Loki lie, waiting for the Ragnarok to free him from his immortal bonds. You wish him freed perhaps? Why else would you serve?

Weoulf finds himslef unable to answer the witch's questions. His answers are now etched in blood. He begins to drift in and out of sleep as Melkorka continues to ask her questions. The last thing Weoulf hears before he drifts off to sleep is Melkorka's second questrion.

Yes!! But to whom does his heart belong?

Weouf looks down to see his blood form another symbol above the rune filled dish and is somewhat relieved for his own soul to see Odin's rune floating before he drifts finally back to sleep.

oc: Weoulf : SAN check 0/1d6

OC - WEOULF PLEASE POST BACK IN PRISON CELL THREAD!

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”