Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti is certain that the place where she first entered the spirit world is safe. Yuralria's hut. (Her Old Hut) is her connection to the real world. The Shaman's hut was a sanctuary in this terrifying land of souless wonder.

Aglakti runs as the Shadow Bear bursts through the tear in Sigyn's hut.

ooc - roll initiative. 1d10 and add your dex.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti, way ahead of the Shadow Bear, races down the main path dividing the Dorset Village in two.

She passes Pandoval, still frantically scurring in his lemming form as the Shadow Bear comes charging in from behind. Aglakti is sure that she will make it to the Shaman's hut before the Shadow Bear but Pandoval is falling behind. He might not be so lucky.

ooc- You could try to scoop up the lemming with a successful DEXx4 roll. One final initiative check will be needed to beat the Shadow Bear to the hut. If you leave Pandoval to his own devices, then you will definitely make it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti tries her best to grab the furry little rascal but he slips right through her hands and banks hard left in all the confusion. There is nothing Aglakti can do. She watches him disappear under the tent flaps of a nearby hut.

She still has the jump on the Shadow Bear as it lumber towards her, snarling and spitting black maggots as it closes in. Aglakti knows she cannot defeat the Shadow Bear and no longer has the time to summon her spear.

ooc- You can make the Shaman's tent with no roll! Or risk it all and do.... something!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Try for my hut," says Aglakti, desperately attempting to run a circle around her hut, hoping to distract the Shadow Bear long enough for Pandoval to escape.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti runs past the flap to her hut and banks hard to her left. The Shadow Bear ignores the little white lemming and bounds after her.

He makes the turn with ease and is suddenly hot on her heels.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1696331/

ooc- roll dodge and luck!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Get in my tent! Get in my tent!" Aglakti screams as she attempts to stay away from the beast's hairy paws.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti rounds the first corner of her tent with the Shadow Bear right behind her. The bear swipes at her feet, trying to trip the Shaman to the snow. His claws swing just wide and Aglakti darts around another another corner of the Shaman's hut. She then spots Pandoval creeping up the path, shivering, but still inching up to the Shaman's hut and to safety.

ooc- That was close.

roll Initiative.
roll Persuade
roll Dodge
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti tires as she comes around the hut but still she screams for Pandoval to get inside to safety even as she attempts to keep away from the beast. Tears stream down her face. She wishes only for the little cub to survive...

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Shadow Bear quickly overtakes Aglakti before she can reach the path. He lunges in towards her, blocking her way, easily filling the distance between the two huts. He swipes at Aglakti' legs once more but just narrowly grazes her furs. Still Aglakt is forced to a sudden stop with nowhere left to go. One hand in the snow, she looks through the hulking beast's legs and spots Pandoval staring wide eyed in terror.

Aglakti No!

The Bear whirls his head for a moment giving the Shaman an opportunity to slip by his bug filled jaws.

ooc - roll dodge ( you must pass dodge to get by the Shadow Bear. Someone's in big trouble now!)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti dances between the creature's legs, hoping to both avoid its blows and incite it into leaving Pandoval alone.

OOC: C'mon, I rolled a 1!

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - Wow! Clutch roll! OK then... Roll luck!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

ooc - 15! And she scores!

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Seeing Aglakti make her move with such grace and determination, Pandoval darts to her side. The Shadow Bear turns awkwardly around, catching his hindquarters on the neighbouring hut. He roars his frustration. It almost sounds like a voice.

GRRRRRRRAMEN!

Pandoval runs and leaps into Aglakti's hands and the two dive into the Shaman's Hut. The Shadow Bear continues the chase but stops dead in his tracks at the threshold ot the Shaman's Hut. Dark maggots crawl from the spaces between the Dark Bear's claws. They inch across the doorway and suddenly turn into glowing blue bits of light before dissapating into the darkness.

The Shadow Bear grunts heavily and stares intently at Aglakti.

ooc- Spot Hidden
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Who are you?!" Aglakti shouts.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Shadow Bear makes a low glutteral choking sound as Aglakti tries to communicate with the beast.

She notices movement in the shadows on the bear's back. Black sludge sluffs down the creature's side and falls to the snow quickly forming itself into writhing worm like projections that squirm about, rejoining with the shadow at the Bear's feet.

Agalkti can't miss a patch of white fur poking through the teerible darkness writhing all over the Shadow Bear. The blackness quickly overruns the white as short dark tendrils snake it's way back over the white fur.

The Shadow Bear growls jerking it's head and kicking up snow.

Gragooook!

ooc- roll insight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She understands everything.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

It dawns on Aglakti... There were many creatures made from shadow and darkness in the spirit world. many creatures composed of vileness and spite.... But there were no Polar Bears. This Polor Bear was covered in shadow. It was as though he were infected with it.

Not even the Ijiraat were allowed entrance into the Spirit World unless they were bonded to a Shaman like Pandoval was now. There was only one bear that walked the ice fields of the Spirit World. The Bear God Nanook!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What has happened to you, Nanook?" she breathes.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Bear God lowers his nose closer to the edge of the Shaman's Hut and as his nose crosses the threshold, the black oil and the shadow and the dark infestation peels away until the face of the Bear God frowns up at Aglakti. A tear forms in Nanook's eye.

Pandoval, still in Lemming form, begins to weep with the Bear God.

Oh Nanook! We are so sorry! What can we do? How can we help?

The Bear God says nothing... the blackness seems to be edging back it's control, slowly dragging Nanook back across the the threshhold. Nanook maons in pain...

The shadowy tendril slowly begin to envelope his massive head once again.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”