Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti woke in her old hut (the Shaman's hut) completely refreshed. She had never felt so close to Sedna and her magic then she did right then. One of Furyok's cubs was sleeping beside her. Bases on his unkept fur and blotches of mud and splatter Aglakti suspected it was Pandoval. Her spear was at her side and seemed almost to glow in the darkly lit room. A small fire struggled for life on the floor. The hide flap on her hut door was slightly ajar and falpped up and down as a cold wind blew through her hut, chilling her, but not in an unpleasant way. The cold air was invigorating.

A sled dog wanders into the Shaman's hut. Aglakti recognizes her as Alornerk, Yuralria's favorite sled dog. Alornerk is extatic to see Aglakti and she jumps up onto her lap and licks her face. Pandoval stirs but does not wake.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti merely smiles and rests. All will be well with the world. Sedna would always win.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti pulls more furs over herself as the hide doorskin flaps in the cold wind. Alornerk falls asleep next to Aglakti and everything does indeed feel right with the world. That is until Aglakti hears a terrible howling coming from outside. The wolves almost never come this close to the village.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti hears screaming from nearby... The ground trembles and shakes as somewhere close a man is in terrible pain...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti groans as she leaves her hut, confused and doubtful. She didn't live near the others. Who could be screaming?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglaki walks out of her hut and Alornerk follows at her heels. Pandoval rolls over and mimmicks the Shaman's groan.

Where are we? Momma? Where's Momma?

Once he notices Aglakti has left the hut, Pandoval rushes to her side. His blood red pupiless eyes open wide as he takes in Aglakti's old village. Aningan, the moon shines bright overhead, illuminating the entire village with a silver glow. Dark thick shadow seems to surround all the buildings in the village. As Aglakti walks the shadow seems to shift just slightly enough to stay behind the structures. The buildings look like they are about to sink back into the shadowy shifting plane behind them.

The screaming continues and grows louder as Aglakti steps outside her hut. It seems to be coming from just down the path a few huts up. Aglakti can see a woman in a beautiful blue dress unfit for this harsh winter climate. She is holding a large dish in her hands and smiles at Aglakti. Her hair is blonde like the rising sun and her skin white like the freshly fallen snow. Pandoval begins to shake as he stops dead in his track...

Humans! Oh no!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti watches to see what the woman will do next. "Who is she?" she whispers to the creatures beside her.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Pandoval growls... well actually wimpers at the combined sight of the white woman amidst the horriffic screaming...... He then whispers to Aglakti, too afraid to move.

I don't know Shaman! I think she's a human. Maybe she's a spirit. or maybe she's a snow monster.... or maybe she's a ghost... or maybe....

Pandoval runs out of maybes as a wolf howls just outside the village. Then another wolf joins in but from a different direction. Aglakti hears a third wolf cry out to the moon. The woman looks around following the wolfish voices as they chime in. She looks back to Aglakti and Pandoval and then dumps a blackish thick liquid, that had mostly filled the deep dish she was holding, into the snow. She then turns and walks back into a hut just up the path. Very soon afterwards, the screaming stops.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Now that the woman has left, Aglakti moves into the village, looking for signs of life and going to check what that fluid which was dumped on the snow is.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti walks up to the hut the mysterious pale faced woman entered. She looks where she dumped the contents of the dish and spots a blackish liquid steaming and solidifying in the snow. Pandoval follows close behind and sniffs it. He cringes adn pulls his nose away from the liquid.

It's Poison!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, no, no," Aglakti mutters, enraged. She begins searching the huts frantically for signs of life.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti pushes open the hide skin flap over the hut the white woman entered and is startled for a moment by what she sees. The walls of the hut are lined with perfectly square rocks arranged in a very orderly pattern. There are paintings of various descriptions all over the walls depicting other man and women with white skin performing various acts of heroism. Shiny cups, the color of the sun, glitter in the light of the fire set in the middle of the room. Treasures of all descriptions litter the floor. A piece of meat sits over the fire and the smell is like nothing Aglakti had ever set her nose on. (Aglaki would surely murder it if she had the chance :D )

All of these amazing sights would have been enough to spark Aglakti's imagination for weeks if not for the terrible scene happening in the background.

Just against the south wall of the hut, the white woman knelt on one knee. She was beautiful from up close. Her golden hair sparkled much like the goblets and the treasure littering the floor. She held her porcelain dish over a man's face, his thin muscular body stretched out, his arms and legs tied tightly to a large stone slab. Above the man was a giant serpant coiled around tree roots protruding through the ceiling. The snake was at least 20 feet long and as thick as the rib bone of a whale. It's head was caught in some sort of mechanical device which forced its huge gaping maw open. A metal bar split the snake's mouth and pressed up against it's fangs forcing a foul blackish poison to drip from it's tongue. If not for the beautiful white woman in the strange yet alluring dress, the poison would surely fall into the man's mouth.

The man turned his head as Aglakti entered the hut and groaned. He was to weak to speak so the white woman lowered her head to his lips. She then smiles and meets Aglakti's eyes. Her eyes were gray as the storm.

Welcome Shaman! My husband hopes his sons did not frighten you....
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Aglakti leaves the tent as quickly as she might and scampers away across the snow. These white-skinned monsters were far more terrible than the bear and so much more surreal. If she makes it, she will attempt to hide behind a mound of some description, to gather her thoughts. Things were bizarre, far too bizarre.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti runs out of the hut almost toppling over Pandoval who was slowly beginning to approach the hut. She finds refuge behind a nearby hut and Pandoval follows close behind her with a look of fear in his eyes saved solely for children and skydivers.

When they finally stop running, Pandoval dives in again with the incessant questioning, his eyes darting from side to side, stricken with fear.

What you see in there? Who was screaming? What do we do? Who was that lady? Did you hear the wolves? Where's mamma?

Three wolf howls echoe through the village. It seems they have assembled just north of town and appear to be getting closer. Judging from the sound of the howls, they may even be inside the village now.

ooc - SAN check! 0/1
ooc - Aglakti knows she has entered the spirit world. How she managed to take Pandoval with her is very troubling on her mind. She also knows the Black shadowbear could be very close. It doesn't usually take that long before the bear comes to kill her. The wolves are new though... so's the blonde lady: :o
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Failed the check.

"I don't know, I don't think we're ... we're we were before," she murmurs, turning around in circles and searching the horizon. "What I mean to say is... I have had many dreams of a black bear and I think... I think it may just... We should be cautious."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti is disturbed by this new development. This has never happened to her in the spirit world before. Normally, the elements are not a bother, but today, in her old village, the cold bites into her flesh like icy daggers. She can tell that the cold is getting to Pandoval as well as he snuggles in closer up to Aglakti, shivering.

It's soo cold Shaman!

The huts seemed warm. She had experienced no discomfort in her old hut and the mysterious hut with the white woman and the snake was toasty. She will surely freeze to death if she stays out in the cold. Then there was the wolves. Three wolves moved ever closer to Aglakti's hiding spot. They howled every few seconds as if to remind the Shaman they were getting closer. After the third or fourth howl, Pandoval begins to weep.

I'm scared.... I want my momma!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Gravebound frost," curses Aglakti. "We must flee to the snake woman's lair. Keep close to me!" She rises and makes the mad dash to the place.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Aglakti breaks from her hiding place and enters the main path of the her old village. Pandoval, hot on her heels, whines and wimpers as he follows.

Shaman! Up the path! Wolves!

Aglakti hears the snarling and sees three wolves standing at the edge of the village. They all lift their heads to the moon and howl. Aglakti knows they will not enter the white woman's hut so is slightly at ease, when she breaks through the hide door with Pandoval close behind her.

Welcome back Shaman. Please! You have nothing to fear here! The wolves will not harm you in this place.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Why are the wolves here?" demands Aglakti. "And the screams... What is going on? I do not understand this."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The wolves… They are my husband’s children. My husband is Loki. He has been punished by lesser men to this torture. I do what I can for him, my poor husband, lest his torment tear this very island to pieces.

My name is Sigyn. Please come in and warm yourselves. Our fire burns bright and eternal….

Sigyn motions for Aglakti to take a seat. In the centre of the room is a wood fire with a large piece of meat roasting over it. Giant pink pillows made from materials the Shaman has never seen lay arranged around the fire and seem very inviting. Aglakti was certain the pillows were not there before. Whether or not Aglakti sits, Sigyn continues… She eyes Pandoval and smiles.

What a wonderful pet Shaman… Did you teach it to speak or is this a benefit your animals receive in the spirit world as you call it.

Pandoval seems to scared to properly defend himself. He huddles next to Agllakti, who can feel him shivering with fear.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”