Page 1 of 1

Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:06 am
by DSIGFUSS

Aglakti woke in her old hut (the Shaman's hut) completely refreshed. She had never felt so close to Sedna and her magic then she did right then. One of Furyok's cubs was sleeping beside her. Bases on his unkept fur and blotches of mud and splatter Aglakti suspected it was Pandoval. Her spear was at her side and seemed almost to glow in the darkly lit room. A small fire struggled for life on the floor. The hide flap on her hut door was slightly ajar and falpped up and down as a cold wind blew through her hut, chilling her, but not in an unpleasant way. The cold air was invigorating.

A sled dog wanders into the Shaman's hut. Aglakti recognizes her as Alornerk, Yuralria's favorite sled dog. Alornerk is extatic to see Aglakti and she jumps up onto her lap and licks her face. Pandoval stirs but does not wake.

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day : Aglakti

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:44 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti merely smiles and rests. All will be well with the world. Sedna would always win.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti pulls more furs over herself as the hide doorskin flaps in the cold wind. Alornerk falls asleep next to Aglakti and everything does indeed feel right with the world. That is until Aglakti hears a terrible howling coming from outside. The wolves almost never come this close to the village.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti hears screaming from nearby... The ground trembles and shakes as somewhere close a man is in terrible pain...

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:59 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti groans as she leaves her hut, confused and doubtful. She didn't live near the others. Who could be screaming?

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglaki walks out of her hut and Alornerk follows at her heels. Pandoval rolls over and mimmicks the Shaman's groan.

Where are we? Momma? Where's Momma?

Once he notices Aglakti has left the hut, Pandoval rushes to her side. His blood red pupiless eyes open wide as he takes in Aglakti's old village. Aningan, the moon shines bright overhead, illuminating the entire village with a silver glow. Dark thick shadow seems to surround all the buildings in the village. As Aglakti walks the shadow seems to shift just slightly enough to stay behind the structures. The buildings look like they are about to sink back into the shadowy shifting plane behind them.

The screaming continues and grows louder as Aglakti steps outside her hut. It seems to be coming from just down the path a few huts up. Aglakti can see a woman in a beautiful blue dress unfit for this harsh winter climate. She is holding a large dish in her hands and smiles at Aglakti. Her hair is blonde like the rising sun and her skin white like the freshly fallen snow. Pandoval begins to shake as he stops dead in his track...

Humans! Oh no!

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:33 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti watches to see what the woman will do next. "Who is she?" she whispers to the creatures beside her.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:48 am
by DSIGFUSS
Pandoval growls... well actually wimpers at the combined sight of the white woman amidst the horriffic screaming...... He then whispers to Aglakti, too afraid to move.

I don't know Shaman! I think she's a human. Maybe she's a spirit. or maybe she's a snow monster.... or maybe she's a ghost... or maybe....

Pandoval runs out of maybes as a wolf howls just outside the village. Then another wolf joins in but from a different direction. Aglakti hears a third wolf cry out to the moon. The woman looks around following the wolfish voices as they chime in. She looks back to Aglakti and Pandoval and then dumps a blackish thick liquid, that had mostly filled the deep dish she was holding, into the snow. She then turns and walks back into a hut just up the path. Very soon afterwards, the screaming stops.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:15 pm
by Laraqua
Now that the woman has left, Aglakti moves into the village, looking for signs of life and going to check what that fluid which was dumped on the snow is.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:10 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti walks up to the hut the mysterious pale faced woman entered. She looks where she dumped the contents of the dish and spots a blackish liquid steaming and solidifying in the snow. Pandoval follows close behind and sniffs it. He cringes adn pulls his nose away from the liquid.

It's Poison!

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm
by Laraqua
"No, no, no," Aglakti mutters, enraged. She begins searching the huts frantically for signs of life.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti pushes open the hide skin flap over the hut the white woman entered and is startled for a moment by what she sees. The walls of the hut are lined with perfectly square rocks arranged in a very orderly pattern. There are paintings of various descriptions all over the walls depicting other man and women with white skin performing various acts of heroism. Shiny cups, the color of the sun, glitter in the light of the fire set in the middle of the room. Treasures of all descriptions litter the floor. A piece of meat sits over the fire and the smell is like nothing Aglakti had ever set her nose on. (Aglaki would surely murder it if she had the chance :D )

All of these amazing sights would have been enough to spark Aglakti's imagination for weeks if not for the terrible scene happening in the background.

Just against the south wall of the hut, the white woman knelt on one knee. She was beautiful from up close. Her golden hair sparkled much like the goblets and the treasure littering the floor. She held her porcelain dish over a man's face, his thin muscular body stretched out, his arms and legs tied tightly to a large stone slab. Above the man was a giant serpant coiled around tree roots protruding through the ceiling. The snake was at least 20 feet long and as thick as the rib bone of a whale. It's head was caught in some sort of mechanical device which forced its huge gaping maw open. A metal bar split the snake's mouth and pressed up against it's fangs forcing a foul blackish poison to drip from it's tongue. If not for the beautiful white woman in the strange yet alluring dress, the poison would surely fall into the man's mouth.

The man turned his head as Aglakti entered the hut and groaned. He was to weak to speak so the white woman lowered her head to his lips. She then smiles and meets Aglakti's eyes. Her eyes were gray as the storm.

Welcome Shaman! My husband hopes his sons did not frighten you....

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:56 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti leaves the tent as quickly as she might and scampers away across the snow. These white-skinned monsters were far more terrible than the bear and so much more surreal. If she makes it, she will attempt to hide behind a mound of some description, to gather her thoughts. Things were bizarre, far too bizarre.

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti runs out of the hut almost toppling over Pandoval who was slowly beginning to approach the hut. She finds refuge behind a nearby hut and Pandoval follows close behind her with a look of fear in his eyes saved solely for children and skydivers.

When they finally stop running, Pandoval dives in again with the incessant questioning, his eyes darting from side to side, stricken with fear.

What you see in there? Who was screaming? What do we do? Who was that lady? Did you hear the wolves? Where's mamma?

Three wolf howls echoe through the village. It seems they have assembled just north of town and appear to be getting closer. Judging from the sound of the howls, they may even be inside the village now.

ooc - SAN check! 0/1
ooc - Aglakti knows she has entered the spirit world. How she managed to take Pandoval with her is very troubling on her mind. She also knows the Black shadowbear could be very close. It doesn't usually take that long before the bear comes to kill her. The wolves are new though... so's the blonde lady: :o

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 am
by Laraqua
OOC: Failed the check.

"I don't know, I don't think we're ... we're we were before," she murmurs, turning around in circles and searching the horizon. "What I mean to say is... I have had many dreams of a black bear and I think... I think it may just... We should be cautious."

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti is disturbed by this new development. This has never happened to her in the spirit world before. Normally, the elements are not a bother, but today, in her old village, the cold bites into her flesh like icy daggers. She can tell that the cold is getting to Pandoval as well as he snuggles in closer up to Aglakti, shivering.

It's soo cold Shaman!

The huts seemed warm. She had experienced no discomfort in her old hut and the mysterious hut with the white woman and the snake was toasty. She will surely freeze to death if she stays out in the cold. Then there was the wolves. Three wolves moved ever closer to Aglakti's hiding spot. They howled every few seconds as if to remind the Shaman they were getting closer. After the third or fourth howl, Pandoval begins to weep.

I'm scared.... I want my momma!

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:06 am
by Laraqua
"Gravebound frost," curses Aglakti. "We must flee to the snake woman's lair. Keep close to me!" She rises and makes the mad dash to the place.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:33 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti breaks from her hiding place and enters the main path of the her old village. Pandoval, hot on her heels, whines and wimpers as he follows.

Shaman! Up the path! Wolves!

Aglakti hears the snarling and sees three wolves standing at the edge of the village. They all lift their heads to the moon and howl. Aglakti knows they will not enter the white woman's hut so is slightly at ease, when she breaks through the hide door with Pandoval close behind her.

Welcome back Shaman. Please! You have nothing to fear here! The wolves will not harm you in this place.

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:39 am
by Laraqua
"Why are the wolves here?" demands Aglakti. "And the screams... What is going on? I do not understand this."

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The wolves… They are my husband’s children. My husband is Loki. He has been punished by lesser men to this torture. I do what I can for him, my poor husband, lest his torment tear this very island to pieces.

My name is Sigyn. Please come in and warm yourselves. Our fire burns bright and eternal….

Sigyn motions for Aglakti to take a seat. In the centre of the room is a wood fire with a large piece of meat roasting over it. Giant pink pillows made from materials the Shaman has never seen lay arranged around the fire and seem very inviting. Aglakti was certain the pillows were not there before. Whether or not Aglakti sits, Sigyn continues… She eyes Pandoval and smiles.

What a wonderful pet Shaman… Did you teach it to speak or is this a benefit your animals receive in the spirit world as you call it.

Pandoval seems to scared to properly defend himself. He huddles next to Agllakti, who can feel him shivering with fear.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:43 pm
by Laraqua
Aglakti does not sit, though she does spare a moment to cast a comforting hand stroking along Pandoval's back. "Loki? I do not understand. Why am I here? What is happening?"

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn smiles at Aglakti as a mother might smile to her infant child.

You are here because your heart belongs in this place. This is your world Shaman. In a sense you were drawn to me as I have questions of my own that I hoped you might be able to answer. My husband Loki is very ill and our people come from far away to deliver us from this torturous punishment. We saw what you did to the Dragon boat on Sedna’s waters. How she added her power to yours to sink that ship. Yes Aglakti… We know of you and your many gods. Why did you help the Ijiraat and kill all of those men? Is this your way! Are you a murderer? Should I fear you?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:36 pm
by Laraqua
"I had no understanding of the ship you mentioned. It appeared a mighty and terrible beast upon the waters... If it were truly a ship of men, as I have later been given an inkling of, then why does it appear so terrible? Why would a ship filled with men of peace need to scare those who see it?" Aglakti frowns, safe and assured in her own righteousness. "Are they men of war?"

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:02 am
by DSIGFUSS

Yes. They were men of war Shaman.... How very..... astute of you child. But they do not come to Helluland for you Skraeling, though it may seem so at first...

Sigyn discards her questioning tone as someone would a dull skinning knife and gently caresses her husband's sweat soaked forhead. Loki seems quite spent from all the shaking and screaming the snake's venom inflicted upon him.

You side yourself with the Ijiraat Shaman? Good.. They are noble creatures worthy of your loyalty?

Pandoval approaches whatever sweet scented concoction Sigyn has brewing on the fire... He startles when Sigyn speaks of the Ijiraat and moves quickly to Aglakti's side shivering.

Sigyn continues.

Where are they taking you? Have they told you Shaman?

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:30 am
by Laraqua
"You know much of the ljiraat?" asks Aglakti, ignoring the woman's condemning tone. She feels no remorse for the death of foreign soldiers. They should have sent men of peace to begin with. Then she may have allowed them to enter her lands, rather than trespass upon them.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn smiles.

They are wonderful creatures…. the Ijiraat. The ability to change shape is a power I thought my husband alone could wield. I have been questioning the spirits in this dream world about the real world that you live in Shaman. They told me of the Ijiraat and of your people, though I suspect they were fond of lying. Not like you humans. You lie with purpose… not because it pleases you. I so rarely get the chance to speak on such intimate terms with a human. Your people’s women have much courage and power Aglakti. Yuralria and I spoke at length on many different subjects. I would have journeyed with her from this place but I fear what will befall my husband if I leave him to his fate. Yuralria thinks fondly of you Aglakti. You were often in her thoughts… She was as beautiful as the dawn and her voice echoed with hope and love for your people. A marvel in these hard times, wouldn’t you agree Shaman? She brought her dog Alornek with her and now you bring an Ijiraat. You keep powerful pets Shaman….

Pandoval gets some nerve and stands tall beside Aglakti.

I’m no pet! My momma’s gonna eat you pretty lady!

Sigyn apologizes...

I cry your pardon little one… So I ask you again Shaman. Do you know where the Ijiraat’s mother is taking you?

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:47 am
by Laraqua
"No, but I'm presuming you're about to tell me your assumptions?" says Aglakti breezily, waving off the woman's suggestion that the lijiraat was a pet. She held no such lofty beliefs.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn becomes cross with Aglakti. Her eyes narrow as she stands up and sets the dish down on the floor. Without Sigyn holding the dish over her husband, the poison dripping from the snake overhead now flows freely into Loki’s mouth. He cries out in terrible agony. Aglakti had never heard such a scream. It shook everything around her. It was like an Earthquake. Pandoval wobbled on his four legs and then lay flat to keep from toppling over.

Your apprentice shows more respect for the gods. Even when they are not her own.

Sigyn voice sounds deep and unnatural, sounding clear over the screams and shaking of the earth all around Aglakti. She looks back to her husband and smiles devilishly. She then resumes her vigil over Loki and continues holding the dish over his mouth.

I do not know where the Ijiraat plan to take you Shaman, though I am curious. If the Ijiraat move against my people, then I feel the worst for yours. I had planned to spare the Dorset from the coming Ragnarok that will consume this island in war. Your people are peaceful and I enjoy the company of your apprentice Yuralria. She is a curious human and there is much I could teach her. Now please tell me what plans the Ijiraat bear has for you. If you are truthful and stay out of our affairs, then you too will be spared.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:03 am
by Laraqua
"I cannot speak for the lijiraat, my lady," says Aglakti, feigning deference. "I do not know where they will take me."

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn grows red in her frustration.

If you will not tell me where the Ijiraat are headed Shaman, then perhaps we could discuss another matter. Your apprentice...

oc – The mother of the Ijiraat cubs did tell you where they were going… or who they were going to see. She said you were going to see the Big Man. I’m assuming you have been keeping it from Sigyn. If you forgot then

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 am
by Laraqua
OOC: Why would Aglakti betray the lijaraat for someone who sides with the dragon ships?

"What of my apprentice?" asks Aglakti. "Did you bring me here merely to discuss her?"

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:39 pm
by DSIGFUSS
oc – No that's cool! You wouldn’t. Sigyn isn’t acting very trustworthy so you are playing your part perfectly. I was just wondering if you had forgotten or if Aglakti was telling tales out of school. I’m glad she’s a tricky Shaman.

Sigyn smiles and then looks down at her husband. She gently caresses his face as he begins to stir.

What makes you think that it was I who brought you here Shaman. We have always been here. Prisoners… Victims of jealous gods.

The man chained to the rocky slab blinks himself awake and looks at Aglakti with sorrow filled eyes. It’s difficult not to feel sorry for the poor wretch of a man, despite Sigyn’s snide filled manners.

We could discuss Yuralria. That would surely please us. She was indeed a kindly woman. She held this basin for my sweet Loki while I found her something impoertant to read during her short stay. Would you like something to read Aglakti?

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:11 am
by Laraqua
"Read?" asks Aglakti, genuinely confused. "The clouds, the waters or the rocks?"

OC: I'm assuming the Dorset tribe don't read books and thus she'd interpret the word differently.

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:23 am
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn smiles again in that same motherly way as if she were speaking to a child.

I am very drawn to your customs Shaman. How stories are passed from generation to generation. Religion, history and fiction all treated with the same respect. Only those tales worth forgetting need be forgotten. It must…. simplify things…. Erase mistakes and evil deeds most conveniently lost in their telling over time.

Sigyn points to the bookcase on the far wall of the cave. It seems that the hut she had first walked into had grown much larger in size. The rocky cavernous walls expanding as she conversed with the pale skinned woman. This wasn’t unusual for the spirit world. Things had a habit of changing and remaining the quite the same all at once.

The History of my people is written and rewritten by those in power.

In the bookcase were several books and tomes with ruins that Aglakti found herself recognizing almost instantly. She could understand the symbols so clearly; they soon stopped becoming symbols at all and instead became thoughts and ideas so as to allow the Shaman to more clearly perceive them.

A few of the titles she could see were:

The Jotun.
Thor and Mjolnir
History of the World
The Runes of Odin
Two Crows

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 am
by Laraqua
She approaches the books, torn between The Runes of Odin and the Two Crows. Both sing to her somehow, calling to her curiosity. She casts a wayward look back at the lijiraat, hoping for advice.

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:16 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Pandoval seems to be more interested in the contents of the pot cooking on the fire, but looks back to Aglakit with his red eyes, shrugging his furry little shoulders.

I dunno…. I like birds… They crunch in your mouth like driftwood.

Sigyn smiles.

The one on crows is very interesting… The two black birds act as Odin’s eyes and ears in the land of man. Proof of an untrusting king’s tyranny if you ask me. The Book on Runes will take much more time to understand Shaman. Though you are welcome to stay as long as like. I will stop pestering for your motives and your plans with the Ijiraat. It’s really none of my business anyways. I just find the Ijiraat so fascinating a creature… Now please sit… learn…

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 pm
by Laraqua
She takes down the Book on Runes. The idea gives her some satisfaction.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The leather bound book on Runes seems to pulsate in Aglakti’s hands as she opens it. She flips through the first few pages uncovering what seems like a procedure for incantations not unlike her own magic. The Inuit magic, much like their culture, is based primarily on strength of will and spoken word. The Viking magic seems similar to the Inuit magic in its conception except the spoken word is replaced with the written rune. The book’s abstract describes 18 symbols of power that when mastered could invoke a multitude of spell effects.

ooc – roll idea

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti begins to read over the runes. The building blocks of Viking magic and reason. As she reads she notices something strange. All 17 of the Viking runes have symbols to their names. The 18th however does not. Girbor it is named and has no rune known to man.

Under it's proper name Girbor is written:

An eighteenth I know: which I ne'er shall tell
to maiden or wife of man
save alone to my sister, or haply to her
who folds me fast in her arms;
most safe are secrets known to but one-
the songs are sung to an end.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:35 am
by Laraqua
"What is the 18th rune?" Aglakti asks, sounding confused. "What is its image?" She shakes her head, as if to clear it. "Why did you bring me here? To show me these ... these words? Or to keep me from downing more of your war dragons?"

Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn frowns…. and takes a much more defensive tone.

I wish to know your business with the Ijiraat mother and her cubs. Where is she taking you and for what purpose? I had hoped we could be friends. I could teach you much about my people’s magic. The 18th rune will come to you in time and on this very island if you know what you are searching for.

But… If you don’t wish my friendship Shaman and wish to continue sinking my… war dragons, then may ruin fall upon your people like locusts and plague.

Aglakti sees that Sigyn’s hands are clenched tightly around the porcelain dish she holds to prevent poison from dripping into her husband’s mouth. Suddenly the dish cracks and the blackish poison dripping from the giant snake’s mouth overhead spills all over Loki’s face.

Loki’s eyes open wide and he screams; his mouth full of venom. The whole hut shakes violently as Loki thrashes about in agony.

Sigyn holds his arms down as best she can. She reaches out and calls to Aglakti.

Shaman… Please… Find me something to wipe the poison. He’ll shake your island to pieces…

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:47 am
by Laraqua
"Careless," Aglakti snarls defiantly. "You preach friendship and yet even the man you protect suffers under your care?!" She tears some fabric from your clothing and hands it to her.

OOC: I think Aglakti's my one true arrogant bitch character. Sorry you have to put up with her!

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The hut quakes as if an Ice Giant had lifted it into the air and shook it like a rattle, whilst a thousand storms crackled and howled their displeasure all around. The wolves howled in unison and Aglakti could tell they were all very close by. Sigyn gritted her teeth and grabbed the rag from the Shaman’s outstretched hands. She immediately began to wipe her husbands lips clean of the blackish poison. The giant snake dangling from above hissed. It seemed the reptile had finally scored a blow and had the taken the opportunity to gloat. Loki vomited on Sigyn’s dress and then entered a mad state of spasmodic convulsions which shook the hut to its core. Sigyn placed the rag over Loki’s mouth and ran to the fire to gather a pot made of solid iron. She held it over Loki’s mouth and began once again to collect the poison. The poison crashed down on the metal making a hollow dripping noise that gave Aglakti a hint of satisfaction.

Having saved her husband, Sigyn turns on Aglakti

You made me do this you wicked Skraeling wench!

Aglakti had never heard the word Skraeling before, but she did not like the sound of it.
Then Aglakti finally remembered Pandoval. When the hut began to shake he had run for cover. Now the poor Ijiraat bear cub lay unconscious; the heavy wooden book-shelf pinning him beneath its weight.

Sigyn chuckled malevolently.

Tell me where you are heading with the cubs mother and I will help the Ijiraat bastard.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:54 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti goes to ljiraat's side and struggles to lift the book case. "I will not betray their confidance to one who shows such gleeful cruelty."

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigyn laughs wickedly as Aglakti strains with the heavy book shelf resting on Pandoval.

You will pay for your insolence with the life of your companion child of the frozen rain. The Bear God approaches.

oc – roll a STR resistance check to move the shelf. 1d100.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:21 am
by Laraqua
"Murderous wretch," Aglakti swears as she strains with the bookcase.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti can’t budge the book case and she hears a terrible growling coming from the distance. She remembers the sound well. It is the Black Bear. The sound of the howling wolves grows quieter as the bear gets closer to Sigyn's hut, grunting and roaring its thunderous rage. Suddenly Aglakti knows she is not safe here. Safety lies only in her old Shaman’s hut, her one connection to the real world.

Pandoval wakes up and his eyes widen with panic. He struggles for a moment before giving up.

He’s coming Shaman. Nanook is coming! Help! Please! Momma!

Sigyn mocks the bear cub laughing meniacly as the hut continues to shake from Loki's writhing.

oc – Inuit Mythos check please.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti knows nothing to help the situation and so keeps struggling to lift up the bookcase, this time possibly managing to heave it off.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti summons a rush of strength and finally budges the bookcase enough for Pandoval to squeeze himself from under it.

Sigyn immediately stops laughing and stares at the Shaman intensely, gritting her teeth as Agalkti frees her friend. Loki stops his convulsing from the poison he had swallowed and passes out, his arms falling limp to his side. As Loki passes out the room stops shaking and a dull silence fills the air. Only Agakti’s labored breathing and Pandoval’s soft whimpering could be heard before Sigyn voiced her frustration.

No matter! The Shadow bear is here. You are both doomed.

Then on cue, the Shadow Bear slowly peaks his head into Sigyn’s hut. Aglakti recognizes the bear from her nightmares. Both cruel and powerful, the Shadow Bear had haunted Agalkti’s dreams and preventing her from entering the spirit world. She had not visited the spirit world for some time now until now. Though the bear could not kill her in her dreams, she knew enough about the spirit world to know the Shadow Bear could do her great harm in this place. Perhaps even worse than death.

The Shadow Bear inched in, parting the flap of Sigyn’s tent, sniffing as he moved forward. The bears face was covered in an unnatural moving shadow. Black maggots crawled in and out of his fur, tearing the skin as they wriggled and squirmed. This was no particular surprise to Aglakti as she had seen the dark bear many times before. This time, however, Aglakti noticed something odd in the light of Sigyn’s fire. A small patch of white fur around the Shadow Bears eye, poking through the swirling shadows. The shadow seemed unable to cover the white fur, not for a lack of trying.

ooc – spot hidden.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:44 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglkti instinctively looks from side to side for a way out. There were two options now… Fight or Flight. From her previous encounters with the Shadow Bear, Aglakti knew there was little chance she could defeat this mindless beast.

As she quickly scanned the hut, Aglakti noticed one of the hide walls had been slit near the bottom. On the floor she saw what appeared to be a painted red gull feather, capped at one end with bone. She recognized it immediately from her old Shaman’s headdress. The headdress she had given to Yuralria when she first left the Dorset Village.

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:07 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti hurries Pandoval with her as she makes for the slit, taking up the feather as she tries to get through it, holding it up a little to help the cub through.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:30 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Shadow Bear pursues Aglakti, grunting and growling. Maggots of shadow and death ooze from the space between the beast's claws for every step he takes towards the Shaman. He swipes savagely at Aglakti's feet, trying to knock her to the ground.

Sigyn laughs aloud as the Shaman flees.

Kill her! Kill her Nanook! Make her and all her kind suffer!

Pandoval quickly changes into a short white furred lemming and scampers ahead of Aglakti into the snow.

Hurry Shaman! We must make it back to your hut!

ooc - Roll Dodge! (I'll look it up.)

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:09 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti tries to dodge out of the way of the heavy paw but it had never been her strong point.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:04 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Shadow Bear rakes one its claws against Agalti’s backside sending a hot wave of searing pain through her body.

OOC- Aglakti takes 9 damage. (-3 for the hide she wears) (so 6 damage total.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1661711/

She falls onto the snow, the hides on her back shredded and torn.

Pandoval scurries along the ground in the form of a white furry lemming.

Run Shaman Run!

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti struggles to rise and continue on. "Just keep going, Pandoval! Fear not for me! I am not afraid!" She feels her acceptance rise. She will neither lay down nor will she fear her fate. The beast is grotesque and her duty half-done but she will give it not the satisfaction of her fear ... even if she cannot prevent her death.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
Pandoval wimpers and slowly backs away from Aglakti before turning into a full run back down the main walkway of the Dorset Village. A wolf howls in the distance just outside of the village. It appears as though the Shadow Bear had scared it off.

Aglakti rises to her feet as a set of long black claws tears through the hut's soft leathery walls. The Shadow Bear sticks it's nose through the hole it had just made and sniffs the Shaman's blood pooling on the snow at Aglakti's feet. He roars and bits of black oil covered maggots fly from it's mouth, landing on the cold snow.

ooc- roll Idea check and if you fail roll under your luck.
ooc - roll Sanity check.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 am
by DSIGFUSS
Summoning her courage after the Shadow Bear's frightening roar, Aglakti remembers her spear. Sedna had given it to her personally after she had combed the godess' hair during the combing ceremony; her first year as Shaman. She knows that she cannot defeat the Shadow bear on her own, but perhaps she could send it a message.

ooc- With a POWx5 roll you can summon your spear and attack. If your POWx5 roll is successful you can make your spear attack roll. If that is successful roll damage 1d8/ 1d4 It will have modifiers/ bonuses in the spirit world as it is a spirit weapon of sorts. I'll add them myself. Or you could just run! :o

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:50 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti decides to keep running. There had to be an escape route somewhere. Some symbolic entry to her own world.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti is certain that the place where she first entered the spirit world is safe. Yuralria's hut. (Her Old Hut) is her connection to the real world. The Shaman's hut was a sanctuary in this terrifying land of souless wonder.

Aglakti runs as the Shadow Bear bursts through the tear in Sigyn's hut.

ooc - roll initiative. 1d10 and add your dex.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti, way ahead of the Shadow Bear, races down the main path dividing the Dorset Village in two.

She passes Pandoval, still frantically scurring in his lemming form as the Shadow Bear comes charging in from behind. Aglakti is sure that she will make it to the Shaman's hut before the Shadow Bear but Pandoval is falling behind. He might not be so lucky.

ooc- You could try to scoop up the lemming with a successful DEXx4 roll. One final initiative check will be needed to beat the Shadow Bear to the hut. If you leave Pandoval to his own devices, then you will definitely make it.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:44 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:22 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti tries her best to grab the furry little rascal but he slips right through her hands and banks hard left in all the confusion. There is nothing Aglakti can do. She watches him disappear under the tent flaps of a nearby hut.

She still has the jump on the Shadow Bear as it lumber towards her, snarling and spitting black maggots as it closes in. Aglakti knows she cannot defeat the Shadow Bear and no longer has the time to summon her spear.

ooc- You can make the Shaman's tent with no roll! Or risk it all and do.... something!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:03 am
by Laraqua
"Try for my hut," says Aglakti, desperately attempting to run a circle around her hut, hoping to distract the Shadow Bear long enough for Pandoval to escape.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti runs past the flap to her hut and banks hard to her left. The Shadow Bear ignores the little white lemming and bounds after her.

He makes the turn with ease and is suddenly hot on her heels.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1696331/

ooc- roll dodge and luck!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:27 am
by Laraqua
"Get in my tent! Get in my tent!" Aglakti screams as she attempts to stay away from the beast's hairy paws.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:44 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti rounds the first corner of her tent with the Shadow Bear right behind her. The bear swipes at her feet, trying to trip the Shaman to the snow. His claws swing just wide and Aglakti darts around another another corner of the Shaman's hut. She then spots Pandoval creeping up the path, shivering, but still inching up to the Shaman's hut and to safety.

ooc- That was close.

roll Initiative.
roll Persuade
roll Dodge

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti tires as she comes around the hut but still she screams for Pandoval to get inside to safety even as she attempts to keep away from the beast. Tears stream down her face. She wishes only for the little cub to survive...

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:20 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Shadow Bear quickly overtakes Aglakti before she can reach the path. He lunges in towards her, blocking her way, easily filling the distance between the two huts. He swipes at Aglakti' legs once more but just narrowly grazes her furs. Still Aglakt is forced to a sudden stop with nowhere left to go. One hand in the snow, she looks through the hulking beast's legs and spots Pandoval staring wide eyed in terror.

Aglakti No!

The Bear whirls his head for a moment giving the Shaman an opportunity to slip by his bug filled jaws.

ooc - roll dodge ( you must pass dodge to get by the Shadow Bear. Someone's in big trouble now!)

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:09 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti dances between the creature's legs, hoping to both avoid its blows and incite it into leaving Pandoval alone.

OOC: C'mon, I rolled a 1!

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Wow! Clutch roll! OK then... Roll luck!

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 am
by Laraqua
ooc - 15! And she scores!

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:45 am
by DSIGFUSS
Seeing Aglakti make her move with such grace and determination, Pandoval darts to her side. The Shadow Bear turns awkwardly around, catching his hindquarters on the neighbouring hut. He roars his frustration. It almost sounds like a voice.

GRRRRRRRAMEN!

Pandoval runs and leaps into Aglakti's hands and the two dive into the Shaman's Hut. The Shadow Bear continues the chase but stops dead in his tracks at the threshold ot the Shaman's Hut. Dark maggots crawl from the spaces between the Dark Bear's claws. They inch across the doorway and suddenly turn into glowing blue bits of light before dissapating into the darkness.

The Shadow Bear grunts heavily and stares intently at Aglakti.

ooc- Spot Hidden

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:50 am
by Laraqua
"Who are you?!" Aglakti shouts.

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS
The Shadow Bear makes a low glutteral choking sound as Aglakti tries to communicate with the beast.

She notices movement in the shadows on the bear's back. Black sludge sluffs down the creature's side and falls to the snow quickly forming itself into writhing worm like projections that squirm about, rejoining with the shadow at the Bear's feet.

Agalkti can't miss a patch of white fur poking through the teerible darkness writhing all over the Shadow Bear. The blackness quickly overruns the white as short dark tendrils snake it's way back over the white fur.

The Shadow Bear growls jerking it's head and kicking up snow.

Gragooook!

ooc- roll insight.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:28 am
by Laraqua
She understands everything.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:21 am
by DSIGFUSS
It dawns on Aglakti... There were many creatures made from shadow and darkness in the spirit world. many creatures composed of vileness and spite.... But there were no Polar Bears. This Polor Bear was covered in shadow. It was as though he were infected with it.

Not even the Ijiraat were allowed entrance into the Spirit World unless they were bonded to a Shaman like Pandoval was now. There was only one bear that walked the ice fields of the Spirit World. The Bear God Nanook!

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 am
by Laraqua
"What has happened to you, Nanook?" she breathes.

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:30 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Bear God lowers his nose closer to the edge of the Shaman's Hut and as his nose crosses the threshold, the black oil and the shadow and the dark infestation peels away until the face of the Bear God frowns up at Aglakti. A tear forms in Nanook's eye.

Pandoval, still in Lemming form, begins to weep with the Bear God.

Oh Nanook! We are so sorry! What can we do? How can we help?

The Bear God says nothing... the blackness seems to be edging back it's control, slowly dragging Nanook back across the the threshhold. Nanook maons in pain...

The shadowy tendril slowly begin to envelope his massive head once again.

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 am
by Laraqua
"Will entering this hut help you?" Aglakti asks, concerned for the poor bear god.

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:03 am
by DSIGFUSS
The Bear God doesn't answer. The dark tendrils quickly cover his face and then the Shadow Bear rises and roars. Pandoval backs away shivering. The Shadow Bear rises onto it's hind legs and swats at the snow at the door to the Shaman's hut.

He then turns and runs into the night. Inside the hut where Nanook had rested his head, a large crystaline tear drop lies sparkling in the moon light.

Aglakti swears she hears Aningan , the moon, laughing.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:34 am
by Laraqua
Aglakti fetches the tear drop.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 am
by DSIGFUSS
Aglakti can feel the warming energy of the tear drop crystal in her hands. It feels similar to her healing energies when she uses her Shaman gifts to cure the sick. Pandoval, still shaken approaches and sniffs the crystal in Aglakti's hands

A droplet from the gods... Mother says that water from the gods is sacred. Even their pee....

Pandoval nods his head

It's true... I asked momma and she said it was true...

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 am
by Laraqua
"I'm so glad you're safe," she murmured, enfolding Pandoval in a hug. "You matter the most... But tell me, what is our plan now? How shall we defeat our enemy?"

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:32 am
by DSIGFUSS

Momma will know!

Pandoval nuzzles up to Aglakti as the world around them begins to fade.

Go to Chapter 3: Rude Awakenings!