Chapter 2 : V-DAY! : VIKINGS!!

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 2 : V-day : Orm and Osvauld

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Two days pass and on the third day, as the witch prophesized, a call echoes across the Viking ship Icebreaker.

Land! Land! We've Come to Helluland! Wake up lads! Helluland!

Osvauld and Orm are both sleeping on the deck close to their supplies as the deck watchman sounds his call late into the morning. The sun, a rarity in these lands, beats down on their heads. It's difficult to find the proper time for sleep in these waters, with the darkness setting in close to 1 in the afternoon and persisting until mid morning.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

Osvauld jumps awake and grabs his gear. Seeing Orm, he gives the man a grim nod. His mournful eyes survey the ship, looking for the witch and her bard.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

"It seems that our time has come, Ousvald. Let's see if we can discover that rune before the witch!" Orm is content that the eventless voyage soon is over. Orm is sure that he will find his doom in Helluland and he longs for it as much as he longs for his long lost love. Death can not be swift enough!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Alrik walks up behind Ousvald and Orm and pats them on the back. Well today is the day gentlemen. Hopefully we can take as many of our brethren with us as possible. Even if it means slitting that foul witches throat and watching her sink to the bottom of the ocean. Alrik chuckles softly. We all know that's not going to happen, but we can still dream.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Captain Gunharr comes charging out onto the main deck of the Icebreaker and looks out onto the sea. Sure enough, land moves ever closer on the horizon. Tall snowy mountains jut up from the shoreline. He immediately begins shouting orders.

Watchman report!

The deck watchman races to Gunnharr’s side and updates the captain.

We’re just three miles off of Helluland’s shores my Captain. We’ll be there sooner than we thought. We’re off course! The fog parted like soup. The witch’s winds carried us too far up the inlet.

Gunharr looks over at Osvauld and Orm and grimaces.

Hope you’re ready lads! Now quick, join me in the war room. We’ve strategies to make and we’re way off course!

Bard!!! Summon that whore master of yours. Her evil winds have betrayed us all!

Captain Gunharr has his watchman gather a few more of his advisors before he storms back into his private quarters which in times of war doubles as his war room.

Hurry boys. I want a word in fore the witch sticks her warty little cunt in our affairs.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik makes his way to the witches chamber and knocks on the door. We can see land. The Captain is calling for a meeting. You worthless use of sperm.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Osvauld follows the Captain into his quarters and stands waiting.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm waits eagerly for what the captain will say.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Captain Gunharr quickly closes the door behind Orm and Osvauld after making sure that noone is listening.

It’s time lads! Either we land on Helluland and make our way to the mountains or the witch’s prophesy comes to pass and the Icebreaker sinks into the sea. You know what you have to do. The witch will no doubt have concocted a way off the Icebreaker. Make sure you’re with her in the end. Don’t let her read the rune lads. Odin had reason for keeping it from the hearts of men and I’m sure it was so evil hags like Melkorka couldn’t get their dirty fingers on it. Remember though boys, you can’t kill her cuz you won’t find it without her. Be careful… She will try to keep it. Hand it personally to the King. Don’t let any of them hags have it. It will be the ruin of the free world. I’m sure of it.

Gunharr looks at the two Viking warriors gravely.

Quick now... Ask yer thoughts fore the witch rises her slag self from her nest.

Meanwhile just across from the Captains quarters, Alrik bangs on the witch’s door. The witch invites the bard in and he is caught by surprise as Melkorka is changing. Boils and hairy growths of all sizes and description speckle the witches back. Her spine stretches the skin and Alrik swears he sees a pussy boil on the arch of her backside explode as she reaches for her robes. She turns and grins wickedly at Alrik.

You like what you see bard? There is no time for pleasantries Alrik! We’ve a prophesy to fulfill!

Melkorka slides into her robes turning as she does so. Alrik quickly turns his head away from her, sparing himself the horrifying image of the witch’s naked front side.

Come quickly. We must learn of Gunharr’s plans before we tend to the prisoners. If they are meant to survive the foretold disaster, we must stay close if we are to survive as well. Hurry now bard, Help me gather my things! We’ll need plenty of parchment and oils. Have you prepared yourself for the journey or must I plan for the two of us.

OOC- (Orm, Osvauld and Alrik) please make a note of anything you want to bring that will fit in a sac. Bring as many weapons as you want within reason. If you have any special requests for equipment that you might have brought, you can pm me. No need to mention components for runes or magic. If you can cast the spell you have what you need. I’m talking about extra blankets, rope etc… If you can’t think of it now, you don’t have it. If you want to keep anything a secret, please pm me with your request as well.

OC- Alrik go to the Prison hold with Melkorka. You can say soemthing before you head back to the war room.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Yes, Captain. We will not disappoint you and we will serve the King faithfully. And although we may desire to help save our comrades, we will instead stick to the hag."

[OOC--Osvauld has his sword, a knife, a rope wrapped around his waist, an extra blanket, fresh water, and as many extra rations as he can fit in his sack. If they had ice climbing gear (axes, metal claws to strap on their feet, etc.), he will bring that as well.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

oc- Yes Ice climbing gear would be a good idea. Orm should bring some too as you've had time to prepare yourselves. If you aqre willing to take the extra weight you might want to bring extra. ;)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka gathers her things and then puts a sheet over her caged head. She ties one end to a string and loops it around a carved wooden staff. She also gathers some dark oils and Alrik has no doubt they are poison. The witch opens a cabinet and pulls out several daggers with runes scribed all over them. Alrik knows them to be scrying knives, required for inlaying weapons and armor with runes for battle. Alrik has the songs and the experience in activating such runes, but never before had he seen an actual scrying knife. A priceless artifact and Melkorka has three. She hands one to Alrik.

Take this Bard. It’s time you earned your keep! Now come… We’ve prisoners to free before we bid Gunharr and this cursed vessel farewell.

ooc – Alrik.. with the scrying knife, you can carve runes into swords, armor and just about anything to get it a permanent rune that just needs magical power to activate. All other runes, carved with regular knives or simply drawn have limited power and can only be used once. This gift is a big deal.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Inside the war room, Captain Gunharr holds his meeting. He unravels a large map showing the east side of Helluland and begins to set wooden carved ships onto it. The first ship he places deep into Helluland’s eastern most inlet.

The first ship, led by Captain Golauf and her witch Adriola was meant to come aground here where they were to complete their campaign against the Skraelings occupying the Eastern shore before the Ice Breaker arrived. We carry mountain climbing gear and extra supplies for our Viking brothers for the journey into the mountains. We were meant to follow her in, but that damn witch’s winds blew us off course.
(oc- Skraelings is Viking for native)

Gunharr places the second ship far up the coast from where they were supposed to land with Captain Golauf’s boat.

We could make up the time and continue along the eastern shoreline until we reach the rally point, but we all heard Melkorka’s prophesy. We’re to sink before we reach Helluland. If that be the case, I’d rather we change plans and head straight in than risk the Ice Breaker further up the inlet and then. Once we get the ship aground, we can continue west on foot and horse.

Captain Gunharr looks determinedly around at all the men at his table. His most entrusted Vikings.

Osvauld, his second in command and moral compass.

Giliog, his head Oarsman,

Orm, Osvauld’s trusted companion.

Dorgon, his chief navigator

Logain, his military strategist.

And Tristan his expert in Mountaineering and Northern survival.

Gunharr guages each man's response to his suggestions before finally asking word from his advisors.

What say you all?
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm has packed his things as well. He has packed similar things as Osvauld perhaps a bit more rations than the younger man.

OOC: Water, a rope, sword, an axe, a dagger, a shield, rations, a blanket, a pair of extra socks, 3 torches, some tinder or other equipment for making fires.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik tucks the knife away somewhere safe. Thank you for this, it is truly an amazing gift. You puss filled whore. I should ram this knife into your skull.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"A wise course, Captain." Osvauld is glad to see that his Captain is taking the prophesy seriously, but nevertheless still trying to fulfill his duties.

[ooc-yes, Osvauld will bring extra climbing gear]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tristan runs his index finger along the map of the Eastern Shore of Helluland.

There are far more mountains along this shoreline than we had planned for had we landed further up the inlet. The horses won’t make it unless we go around the mountains. We’ll have to abandon them once the path becomes too difficult. We can make though Captain and if the witch’s words ring but a bit of truth, I’ll be happier once we’re on Helluland, no matter the terrain.

Gilliog remains silent but grunts in his usually complaining manner when Tristan suggests the route planned will be a difficult one. Logain, however, suggests the witch’s prophesy be ignored.

If we are to base our entire plan of attack against the Skraelings on an old hag throwing bones into an old tin cup then we’ve lost out damned minds Captain. We should press on! The Dragonsbane (First boat already on Helluland) waits for our supplies and won’t last long in them mountains without em! We can’t be underestimating the locals Gunharr! Remember what happened with those bloody Scots and their savage ways.

oc – Skraelings is what the Vikings called the natives.

Gunharr takes in each of his men’s words carefully and then reaches a decision.

Get your boys a rowin’ Gilliog. Straight for shore! We’ve Skraelings to be killing fore this long night be done with. I’ll deal with the witch.

Captain Gunharr folds up his map of Helluland and passes it to Tristan. He whispers something in his ear and Tristan runs out of the room. Captain Gunharr grabs a small keg of ale from his personal stock and spreads out some glasses on the table. He spills ale over all the glasses and the table taking little care in his work. He slides the glasses one by one to his men before hoisting his into the air.

Now hurry lads and prepare yourself for the worst. If you wind up in Odin’s hall this morning, look for me. I’ll have a lass in each arm and a fresh pint for all me boys!

Gunharr drains his glass and sits back down at his table with his own thoughts heavy on his mind.

Everyone leaves the war room in their own fashion. As Osvauld and Orm file out they find themselves cornered by Logain and Dorgan. Tristan and Gilliog had dissappeared into the rowing deck to get things moving.

Logain looks at Orm and Osvauld with bitterness in his eyes.

I see you back the Captain Osvauld....... and you Orm. Can ye not see the folly of this. To trust in that hag with our lives!
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Osvauld returns Logain's gaze. In a low voice, he says, "To trust the hag with our lives would indeed be foolish. But it is not her we trust. We saw the vision from the gods, and it is them that we trust. We trust the gods and follow our Captain, who has our rightful allegiance." He pauses a moment, and adds, "We all die, Logain. Better for it to be while serving our gods and king."
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Henrik »

Orm nods grimly. "I do not really care if I follow the hag or not. I'm on this voyage since I'm sure that I will never leave Helluland alive. It is death I'm seeking and I do hope to see you all in Valhalla!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Logain shows Orm a look of concern and then quickly shrugs it off.

If death be what you’re searching for Orm, then the Icebreaker’s the ship for you if the hag will have her way.

Return to “Chapter 2 : V-day!!”