VIKINGS: Chapter 1: STEEL AND ICE (Henrik, basket, Oathin)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: VIKINGS: Chapter 1: STEEL AND ICE (Henrik, basket, Oathin)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hildegarr smiles up at Ingvar like some crazed devil and then slams Sigfurd's head into the floor.

Sigfurd already weak and bleeding, collapses into a pool of his own blood.

Hildegarr grins wide and waves the knife around in front of his face, taunting Ingvar as best as he can.

Oh yeah? I'd pay to see that! You take blood Ingvar?

Hildegarr flicks a splatter of blood from his scrimsax onto Ingvar's shoulder and laughs.

Heh Heh Heh!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oddlog and Weolf stand off against one another. Oddlog, now deep in a crazed battle frenzy, misses blow after blow as Weoulf defends himself. Neither opponent can seem to get the upper hand.

ooc - give me some more rolls Weoulfs
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - roll damage x2 plus STR modifier.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oddlog was distracted by Ingvar as he left the fight only to return with his attention fixed on Hildegarr. Weoulf took full advantage of this and clocked him hard to the side of the head. Weoulf's fist collided with Oddlog's nose and it popped like a wineskin sac. Blood rushed down his chin and Oddlog wiped it off with his arm. He slowly licks it, savouring the pain, and then gives Weoulf a look he would not soon forget. Weoulf had Oddlog's full attention now.

So there's some fight still left eh Weoulf? Maybe I should put you down for good then.

Oddlog pulls a second scrimsax from his boot and steps into Weoulf slashing and stabbing with a ferocity fitting his stature. He trips on the blood soaked floor and the knife skids across the floor into the crowd of Viking spectatots.

The crowd laughs uproariously and cheer Weoulf on.

Get him Weoulf! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Oddlog the fool!

Meanwhile, Hildegarr advances on Ingvar.

ooc - Weoulf - free attack (+20%) (Also remember that if you want to KO somebody, you must declare it. If you say you puch somebody in the head, I assume it and secretly make the KO roll on the resistance table but if the word head is not mention there is no chance of KO unless you specifically state that you are trying to knock somebody out.)

ooc - Ingvarr - Init. ( plus your attack roll if that is what you are doing. If you make a successful fast talk roll you can keep him busy while you talk it out)

ooc- Orm. Sigfurd is hurt badly and could use some first aid. He might just bleed out on the floor if left unattended.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Initiative 11
strike 24
damage 5 (1d6 blunt damage)

I'll try to club Hildegarr in the temple and knock him out while bellowing in rage.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Orm tries to treat Sigfurd's injuries, but he is not so skilled when it comes to the healing arts.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ingvar charges in to meet Hildegarr. Hildegarr raises his long scrimsax to the ready and meets Ingavar head on. Hildegarr swings first and arcs his blade down on Ingvar's thigh.( With the same dirty tactic he used to take Sigfurd down with.)

ooc - Ingvar parry

Ingvar returns the favor and crashes the blunt end of his axe into Hildegarr's face, bellowing madly with a beserker's rage. Hildegarr's nose erupts in a shower of blood and he crashes to the floor. He looks around the room confused and then slips away into a deep and peaceful sleep. As he rests and a giant purple welt begins to form on the bridge of his nose, Hildegarr dreams of murder and complicated culinary feats. His two favorite things in the world.

Meanwhile, Weolf and Oddlog continue there pugilistic flurry. Weoulf throws a roundhouse at Oddlog but Oddlog pushes it aside and returns with a savage and powerful blow to the head. Both combatants are try to end this as quickly as possible before things get even uglier.

ooc - Weoulf parry.

Another Viking from the crowd sees Orm struggling with Sigfurd's deep wound. He offers his assistance.

Evening brother.... My name is Edgar Beorgson. I think perhaps your friend could use a hand.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Ingvar tries to parry Hildegarr, but he moves pretty slow.

After Ingvar levels Hildegarr he makes a gluteal yowl in triumph. If Ingvar is still on his feet (after failing that last parry) he'll attack Oddlog. He tries to smack him on top of the head but misses by a mile.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - just so everyone knows. After this fight is over. For next time. Each in battle post should include the following.

1)Brief description of what you plan on doing.
2)Init roll (1d10 Plus DEX)
3)Strike roll (1d100) / Dodge roll (1d100) (1 or the other) not both.
4)damage roll if your strike was successful.
5)parry roll (1d100) (if you are able to parry your opponent) (You can parry and dodge or parry and attack on your turn.) Your parry % is equal to your weapon skill or punch skill if fighting fist to fist.

This has been a fun fight full of ups and downs. I think if we do battle sequences like this, then they will go much quicker. A successful strike roll doesn't always mean the damage will be dished out. If the attack is parried or dodged, then the damage will be negated. After everyones actions are in. I'll tell you what happens during that combat round with a more detailed description of the fight sequence.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Before Hildegarr falls unconscious to the galley floor, he drives his knife deep into Ingvar's thigh. ( Ingvar takes 7 damage. )

Weoulf and Oddlog scramble for control as the crack of a whip echoes over their heads. Everyone turns around to see that no good son of a bitch Gilliok.

Hey what's going on here you skags? I'll whip the skin off your cocks. Back in line!

Oddlog uses the distraction to get a cheap shot in on Weoulf but misses by a mile. Weoulf can smell the stench of harder spirits on his breath as his fist floats past his face.

ooc - Oddlog isn't stopping the fight. Weoulf give me some rolls unless you want to back off. Ingvar- same.

Edgar puts his hand on Orm's shoulder before he begins to bandage Sigfurd's wounded thigh. He prays sternly while he does so.

May Tyr guide my hand so I may, in death, give it back to him. Oh Gods, help this man or carry him away to Valhalla.

Edgar smiles warmly at Orm.

See there brother. A little kindness and respect for the gods never hurt anyone. Wouldn't you agree?

Edgar takes out a pendant containing several runes insrcibed on its survace. Orm can't make them out. He kisses the pendant and then slides it back under his shirt.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Weoulf backs off and grunts at Oddlog. "Good fight. Let's row." Although he takes the stance of a relaxed person, he is ready to parry any sudden blows that Oddlog may make.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Oddlog spits at Weoulf.

You.... are a sniveling little bitch Weolf. I'll kill all of you!

Weoulf roll dodge - or take a good horker in the eye.

Oddlog then backs off and tends to Hildegarr, still snoring like a pig with a chest cold.

We'll get them Hildegarr. We'll kill them all!

Edgar takes out a small vial and holds it under Sigfurd's nose. He wakes with a grunt. Edgar passes Orm the vial of harsh smelling salts.

Keep this Orm. If he drifts away again, make sure to wake him. He has lost alot of blood and should stay awake.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

The loogie sails past Weoulf's face. Weoulf screams with fury and disgust, whipping a fist at Oddlog's face. He narrowly misses.

[OOC: The link says the Dodge skill is 34%, but it's actually 70%. Sorry about that.]
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Henrik »

Orm takes the vial and keeps watch over the fallen warrior. "A little kindness has never hurt someone. My wife taught me that lesson many years ago. Thanks Edgar."

OOC: Took the vial of harsh smelling salts.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Ingvar ignores the cracking whip, and tries to club Oddlog in the back of the head when he tends to Hildegarr but he misses big time.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Gilliok cracks his whip again over Weolf, Ingvar's and Oddlog's heads.

Stop your cock knocking boys or it'll be the gallows for yah.

Orm catches his worrds as Gilliog turns and runs back onto the main deck of the Icebreaker. Weolf and Ingvar can't hear a thing over Oddlog's bellowing battle cries.

Oddlog, now facing two Viking warriors, flies deeper into his beserker rage. He grabs Weolf by the hair and smashes his forehead onto Weolf's chest, missing his head entirely. The blow glances off Weoulf to no effect but to further infuriate him.

Die! Die Slut! Die! Die! Die Cunt! Die! Die! Die Fuck! Die! Die!
ooc - Weolf and Ingvar. (4 rolls. Initiative, strike, damage, parry.)

Return to “Chapter 1 : Blood and Snow : Steel and Ice.”