ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Post by Andrew »

"I didn't!" Tornuaq exclaimed as he ran over to the stranger. He not only searched for weapons but also tried to see how the strange shiney skin came off. The man would rest better if he wasn't wearing that.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tonrnuaq finds some leather ties the pale faced stranger had used to strap the shiny shirt to his chest. They easily untie and Tornuaq removes the shirt. It is heavy in his hands.

After some searching, Unulaq finds a long knife stowed in his boot made from something similar to the shirt and sharper than any stone blade he had ever seen. The man has a scabbard on his belt, but it appears to be empty.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Shoot, I was hoping to get a steel blade to wield against them. :)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq examined the knife - such a shiny stone he had not seen the likes of before. He ran his finger down the edge and admired how sharp it was. "This is ... strange. It would make skinning those whales so much easier." He held it out to Tornuaq to examine, and said "Hide it away on you after you're done checking it out."

ooc: If I remember correctly, you put some skills into knife, didn't you? I'm good at spear and club... so you're welcome to this.

He went over to examine the shiny chest shirt and tested the weight, "So heavy. It would really slow the dogs down. Why would someone wear stone to keep warm?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: No, I took sword and spear... however what's a spear but a dagger on a really big stick.

Tornuaq examined the stone and was amazed by it, of course he too had never seen anything quite like it. "It is so strange, and almost colder than the air around us. I do not know why this man would want such skin. When he awakens, do you think he will understand our words brother?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I had not considered that. He probably will not understand us. How do you suppose we should speak with him? I guess we could act out our words," Unulaq suggested with concern. "This man will wake up in a strange place, surrounded by strange people - perhaps people similar to someone he had a fight with not too long ago. He will be frightened, perhaps... maybe even defensive. I would suggest tying his hands together, but that would certainly give him the wrong impression."
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"I guess we need to just remain calm, move slowly and smile a lot. Maybe that will show we are friendly." At that Tornuaq takes off his coat and draps it over the man's shoulders, even with the fire going it was cold out and lying in the wet cold snow just made the cold even worse as it sunk into your bones.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The pale faced stranger grunts when Tornuaq drapes his fur over him. He settles into the fur like a babe into his mother's arms. It's almost cute to see the wild man appear so vulnerable. Unulaq and Tornuaq can't help but smile.

Then from behind them, another terrible Beluga shrieking noise echoes across the beach. It seems the lone swimming Beluga had followed Unulaq down the beach. Only twenty feet from the shore, the Beluga pops his head out of the water and watches the three men warming themselves by the fire.

Something doesn't seem right with the whale.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq says, "I am going to take a closer look at this Beluga. With any luck, it hasn't sprouted feet like its friends and will not be a threat so long as I keep my distance."

He hefts up his spear and starts walking back toward the water's edge, not making any aggressive actions. He is simply curious.

"What can I do for you, Beluga? We have not the strength to carry your brothers and sisters back to the water," he comments loudly... not really expecting an answer.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

To Unulaq's surprise. The Beluga speaks in a deep hollow voice.

Give me the foreigner Thule! I will feed on his bones and deliver his white skin to my brothers!

0/1 Sanity check please.

Spot Hidden check.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Sanity check (80%) (1d100=99) lose 1 sanity ... can't edit my character sheet though.

Unulaq fell backwards, dropping his spear as he scrambled back a few feet from the bizarre form of a talking whale. "How is it ... possible? How are you speaking to me?"

He stood up, swallowing back his fear of the unknown for the moment and was too amazed and confused with the event to notice much else. He stated, "The waters are full of fish. Why is it you need to feast on this pale man?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Beluga moves closer to the shore. It is now less than 10 ft from the beach.

We can't allow this fleshling to live. He cannot reach the mountain! Now throw him into the water now! I grow tired of speaking with you lessor creatures. Give me the Viking! Now!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Hey now... lessor creature? There's no call to be offensive," Unulaq said, growing a little angry. "So he's a ... Viking? Never heard of it." The Inuit looked over his shoulder at the man where he lay nestled in the fur, then back to the waters. Unulaq bent down and picked up his spear again, glad to have it in his grip in this time of uncertainty. "If you give me good reason we should side with you over this man, I will abide by your wishes. But so far, you've done nothing but demand action of me. Do I look like your sled dog?"
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq looked over at Unulaq with a slight confused looked, from where he sat it almost looked as if he was having a conversation with the Beluga. He smiled at the ridiculous thought and started to stoke the fire.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

A dog yes! My dog? No! If you were my dog, I'd have already beaten you for your insolence.

The Beluga swims even closer to the shore, now no more than five feet from the edge of the beach where the drop off begins. Any closer and the whale will Beach itself. He continues in his hollow voice.

I grow weary of your stink human. Hand me the Viking male or join him.

Tornuaq - spot hidden
Tornuaq - Listen
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As the Beluga moves in closer to the shore, Tornuaq can hear it actually speaking to Unulaq and in their own native tongue. Perhaps not as startled as Unulaq, Tornuaq notices something even more disturbing. The Beluagas eyes are red.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq moves over to Unulaq, "I see you have a new friend that demands a lot for such insults. Let us back away, this is obviously no normal Beluga, it's eyes are red even."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq turned to Tornuaq as he spoke, then looked back at the Beluga, looking at the red eyes. "Strange... not that anything has been ordinary here," he commented. To the speaking whale, Unulaq said, "Well, if we must be enemies, then at least give me the benefit of knowing who it is that I should fear. What is your name?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

We are Ijiraat and that is all you must know to fear us. We were here long before you and will be here long after your people are dust and snow. Give me the Viking male and leave this beach. You were not meant to witness.

The Beluga moves even closer to the beach and then disappears below the surface of the ocean.

Return to “Chapter 1 : Blood and Snow : Steel and Ice.”