ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq chuckled. "We are Ijiraat... so these other Beluga are helping you? Doesn't look like you get along all that well on dry land. So good luck with any hopes of world conquest." He started walking backwards, keeping his eyes on the strange talking whale as he returned to the Viking.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq followed his brother's lead, "Do you think it was wise to talk to the Ijiraat like that? What if they are all powerful? Or maybe this is a test from Sedna?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"A wise man I may never be, but I do know that I do not like something coming up from nowhere ordering me about as if I were some sled dog. If they were all powerful, I do not think we would find so many of them beached on their bellies and vulnerable to our spears and clubs. If it was Sedna, she would have told us as much. She's not humble," Unulat responded.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"I agree that the way he spoke was uncalled for but still... Whatever happens next brother you know you can count on me to be by your side." Tornuaq stated as he held his sword in front of him.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

A few moments of silence pass between the two brothers as they wait by the water's edge. Suddenly the water breaks and the Beluga, now covered in a strange white fur, beaches itself right in front of the two Eskimo hunters. It's tail and fins begin to shake and thrash as they dissolve and bubble away. It's head collapses in on itself and giant pearly white teeth sprout from where the Beluga's head once was. A large black nose, not unlike a dog's, begins to bubble and pop amongst the newly formed teeth. From beneath the fleshy carnage, Unlulaq and Tornuaq can see fresh limbs growing and pulsating with veiny life. The smell is aweful and the sight and sounds of ripping flesh and stretching muscle are horrifying to winess.

OOC - Sanity checks boys. If you pass them, you can act before the change resolves itself. If you fail you must simply watch. 2/1d6+1
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Sanity Check 80% (1d100=41, 1d100=72)

Tornuaq gripped Unulaq's shoulder and start to move backwards, "What is that thing!" He yelled, still holding onto his brother's shoulder he headed to the sled, drawing his sword.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Sanity (79%) (1d100=31) So I've lost three so far - reminder... you have to make the change on my character sheet. ;)

Unulaq couldn't believe his eyes ... but he knew that things weren't looking very good for them. The creature wasn't water-bound after all. "Must be what all the Beluga was running from. Fight or run... fight or run..."

Unulaq knew that after his insolence this creature would be coming for him... maybe after it was done with the Viking. So he hefted up his spear and said, "This might be the only time it is weak. Attack now!" He charged in with his spear to jab the thing in the neck.

ooc: Spear (70%) (1d100=1) Critical hit! Can you believe it?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Ok, looked it up and it doesn't really specify about strength damage inclusive in the double damage. What it says is to 'roll the attack damage twice and add them together'. So I assume that means with strength damage. I'm also assuming I'm using a thrusting spear (vice a throwing spear). Impale damage with the spear. (1d8+1=9, 1d4=1, 1d8+1=4, 1d4=4) for a total of 18 damage. Not bad, considering 13 is maximum for normal damage.

With calculated precision, Unulaq lept up and brought the spear down into the creature's neck and pushed it further, trying to seek out those vulnerable internal organs. "Can a dog do this?" he called out angrily.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Sanity Check 80% (1d100=41, 1d100=72)

Tornuaq quickly noted that his brother didn't move back, in fact he went forward and attacked the beast. When he mentioned that this might be the only time it's vulnerable, Tornuaq agreed and jumped into the fray and missed his attack horribly
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ok you guys both will get to go first. Your dex is higher than his total inititaitve roll in polar bear form. Roll strikes and tell me what you want to do.

ooc: Hey Andrew, your posted rolls are confusing the hell out of me. The last roll posted was the same as the one before... and why did you roll two sanity checks? Color me baffled.

DSIGFUSS, this club of mine ... is it something I carry with me, like dangling on my belt or something? Have to ask because the spear, once impaled, takes a round to pull out. Might be just be a better idea to leave it and start clubbing the snot out of this thing.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - It's most likely slung around your back. Yeah I read that thing about the impaling. I like it.

Unulaq impales the frothing beast on the end of it's spear. It howls in pain and backs towards the waters edge snarling and spitting at Unulaq. Still in mid transformation, the beast is forced to continue reshaping its body.

What once was a Belagu whale, now stands a giant blood soaked polar bear, Unulaq's spear imbedded in it's neck. It looks weak but maintains its ferocity when cornered.

The Viking man.... must die!

The bear now completely transformed stands up on its hind legs and roars. The red eyes of the Ijiraat burn red with vengeance.

Tornuaq and Unulaq ready themselves for a second go at the beast.

ooc - inits! (roll 1d10), plus your actions.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: ? (1d10=3)

Tornuaq's eyes open wide and he attacks with his sword.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

ImpInTraining wrote:ooc: Hey Andrew, your posted rolls are confusing the hell out of me. The last roll posted was the same as the one before... and why did you roll two sanity checks? Color me baffled.

OOC: Same here Tom, that was supposed to be my attack roll. I'm not sure how it showed up as my sanity check again. Also I rolled the sanity check because I forgot what this meant: 2/1d6+1. The 2/ is what got me confussed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Sanity checks ... either you make them, or you don't. Sometimes, no matter if you make the sanity check or not, you're going to lose sanity. If you make the check, it is typically not as bad as if you don't make the check. In this case, we either lost 2 sanity points if we made the check, or 1d6+1 sanity points if we failed. That's what the 2/1d6+1 means.

As far as initiative goes, I'm not sure what that means, 1d10+actions? Initiative (1d10=3)

Also, does pulling out my club count as an action? Or should I just go ahead and attack with it?

Unulaq looked at his spear, knowing it would be too risky to try pulling it out now that the transformation was complete. "Did you see that? It just ... changed!" He twisted at his shoulders, and the force of the inertia swung his club around to his front side, where he grabbed it and pulled the strap off from over his head. With club in hand, he bravely set forth to club the bear to submission.

ooc: You're not going to believe this... Club (60%) (1d100=1)

Club (damage) (1d6+1=3, 1d4=2, 1d6+1=6, 1d4=2) total of 13.

BTW - I noticed I screwed up on damage for the spear last round. I used a Viking thrusting spear, and not one of the Eskimo spears. Rerolled using a stone spear damage: stone spear (damage) (1d6+1=7, 1d4=1, 1d6+1=7, 1d4=1) for a total of 16.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As far as initiative goes, I'm not sure what that means, 1d10+actions? Initiative (1d10=3)
actions: I just meant roll 1d10 and then post your action. What your character is going to do. In this game 1d10 is added to your DEX score to get your initiative. Still the highes tgoes first. I like it better cuz it gives those with lower DEX scores the chance to not always go last.

Sorry for the confusion.

ooc- Holy crap nice hit again. The reason I didn't want Maniitok leaving before was so you'd have some help with this guy. But no help needed with Unulaq the destroyer and his magical can of whoop ass!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Ah, thanks for explaining. :D
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tornuaq readies himself for a charge but it's not needed. Unulaq swings his whale bone club round his head in an impressive arc and then crashes it down on the polar bear's skull. His head crushes beneath the sheer force of the impact. His eyes go dark as the bear slumps lifeless to the snow and then begins to slip into the dark, icy water.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq dropped his club behind him and grabbed hold of his spear still impaled in the creature's neck and tried to keep the creature from sinking away. "Give me a hand, Tornuaq! I don't want to lose this thing."

ooc: If the creature does sink away, at least he'll still have his spear.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq dropped his sword in the snow and raced forward to help drag the creature out. "You deserve Maniitok's sister, you are the better out of us." He said with a sad expression as he tried to drag the thing onto land.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq chuckled, "I know ... but let's not ruin the game."

Return to “Chapter 1 : Blood and Snow : Steel and Ice.”