Page 1 of 1

VIKINGS: Chapter 1: STEEL AND ICE (Henrik, basket, Oathin)

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:21 pm
by DSIGFUSS
VIKINGS : Chapter 1 : STEEL AND ICE

Weoulf, Ingvar, Orm and Sigfurd all rowed with every muscle they could spare. Back and forth the oars moved for what seemed like an eternity. It wasn't until that no good son a bitch Gilliok stopped cracking his whip at them, that they could finally relax.

Take a rest lads! There will be plenty more rowing and whipping if this wind don't pick up soon!

Gilliok dissappeared up on deck and a sigh of relief echoed through the hull of the Viking warship "Ice Breaker".

There were 50 men in total aborad the Ice Breaker and 40 of them would be forced to row when called. The stink of blood, swet and ass lingered in the air. The hull was overcrowded with Viking oarsmen. The wind had all but died three days ago and the Ice Breaker's sails were flat as the kegs of ale they had carried all this way. The wind had died three days ago and Captain Gunnhar was displeased with their progress so he had ordered his gods be damned bastard Gilliok whipmaster to discipline his men to row faster. Gilliok, that son of a stinky whore, was all too happy to take the whip to his own men, a practice usually reserved for slaves.

Weoulf sat with Ingvar on one oar and Orm sat with Sigfurd on another. All four men had just campaigned in Britain, slaughtering the prissy Brits and setting spark to a life long friendship. The four had realized long ago that in order to survive these long, hard campaigns, they had to stick together. Sigfurd collected all their mugs and filled them with ale, passing them out to his friends. He slapped Orm on the shoulder, knowing full well what muscles pained him.

For all this damn whipping, at least the Captain keeps the Kegs full to the tits! Gilliog...That bloody cunt!

Re: VIKINGS: Chapter 1: STEEL AND ICE (Henrik, basket, flint)

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 am
by Henrik

"Yes, to bring the whip to the backs of free men is surely something that will damn him to Hel." Orm was tired but he would not break. The old viking had endured pain before and the pain of the body was nothing compared with the pain that was in his heart. The memory of a maiden now long gone and buried still pained him, the loss of her worse than any loss of a comrade in arms.

"Well, Sif perhaps I'll see you in the afterlife again soon. You'd better not have bedded another man during these long years since your passing."

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:19 am
by Basketvector

"I'm gonna do it... I swear. I'm gonna kick his ass."
"He'll know the sickening sound of skull and grizzle under my axe before long. Yes. And no one back home will miss him"

"Who want's another drink?"

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:11 pm
by Henrik

Orm did not answer but kept on rowing. He was to old and wise to pick arguments during a voyage. Even if you did not like or agree with the captain or other men of authority, nothing good came from challenging their right of command. The sea was harsh and you could not always count on the protection of the gods and in those times a sailor must trust to his ship, his own abilities and his fellow sailors.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sigfurd slaps Ingvar on the back and smiles at Weoulf and Orm. Sigfurd is a loud mouth prick at the best of times. The no good bastard Gilliok brings out the blasphemy in him.

You said it old friend. I'd see that sac of hammered shit stuffed up Idoun dress if I had my way. Then we'd see how he likes those apples. Ha!

He slaps Orm now, knowing his faith in the Norse pantheon might have taken offense to his little joke at the expense of the gods.

You think we're close to land Orm? My back can't take much more of this salve work. I still don't know why we didn't bring some of those slack jawed Brittains to do the rowing. We could a tossed em in the sea once they was spent.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:25 pm
by Henrik

"I hope so. There must be more islands in this sea. So much sea seems to be a waste of water."

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 am
by Basketvector

"I think I'm going maaad on this boat " Ingvar says to no one in particular.

He continues wrapping twine tightly around the handle of his axe.

"The sooner i can sink this into someone's head the better, know what I mean guys? GOD DAMN this is a long boat ride..."

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:25 pm
by DSIGFUSS

I hear you Ingvar. Anymore time at sea and I'll slit me own throat.

Sigfurd looks around and smiles. All three men know Sigfurd well and that when he behaves like this, he's got something juicy.

I heard a woman on board last night. Moaning and carrying on into the night.

Sigfurd punches Weoulf in the shoulder.

Not like that yah dirty bastard. Always with your mind tween her legs. Ha!

Sigfurd laughs and takes a big swig of ale.

There's a witch on board. I'm sure of it now. I seen em carry the old crone in before we set sail. She was all hunched over and full of spit and venom. I think it was Melkorka....

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:33 pm
by Henrik

"A witch on board? Why would we bring a witch on a sea voyage?" Orm could have added some sort of snide remark about Sigfurd and his urge to bed a woman, but the old norseman had never been much for those jokes. Women were perhaps not men, but they could be as bold and brave as any man. That was one of the lessons that Sif had taught him during their short time as man and wife.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:49 pm
by Basketvector

"A witch?" Ingvar perks up. "Perhaps they mean to exile her to the icy wastes of Helluland."
"By the gods..." he mutters, shaking his head.

"Well if the sea gets angry, I guess we'll know whose head to feed to the depths - and that cursed son of a whore Gilliok too." Ingvar said that a little too loud, but he doesn't give a good god damn.

He wipes ale off his beard, and glances around the cabin belligerently.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:30 am
by DSIGFUSS
One of the Vikings in the middle of filling his mug catches Ingvar's belligerent glare and returns it. Ingvar knows the man just as he knows the rest. His name is Oddlog, another brute in Captain Gunharr's crew. For Ingvar, it was like looking into a mirror and seeing this tired savage, so close to the edge. Perhaps Oddlog felt that way too, for his next words were rich with quick hatred and spit.

You've got the look of an asshole after a shitting contest Ingvar.

Oddlog smiles, sporting a less than toothy grin, obviosly trying to provoke Ingvar.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:11 pm
by FlintlockHMD
Sigfurd's punch brings Weoulf out of a sick faced reverie.

"Odin's beard! What was that for?"

He goes back to staring over the edge of the boat, trying to keep his lunch down.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:52 am
by Basketvector

Ingvar stands drunkenly with his hand axe, staring at Oddlog.

"If i wanted to hear from a pile of wet shit I'd crap in your mouth"

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Oddlog reaches for his scrimsax and slowly advances on Ingvar.

If I cared what a whiney little whore thought. I'd have asked your mother!

Oddlog smiles... ready to fight. With a simple gesture of his hand, Oddlog invites Ingvar to come to him.

Come to me my pretty.....

ooc- noone is wearing any armor. (too hard to row in armor)

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:11 pm
by Basketvector

oc. All right lets mix it up. You need an initiative?

Ingvar was going to go fisticuffs, but when he sees the scrimsax he yanks the hand axe out of the table.

"By the ancient rites of combat I shall tear you a new arse"

"GYARRRR!!!!"

Initiative 9
Strike 11
Damage 5

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:28 am
by Henrik

Orm decides to drop his oar and watch the fight. He is tired of the sea and this crew. This journey will surely be his death!

"Those idiots! Why pick a fight here in the middle of the sea! Not an ounce of common sense even if they would add their heads together!"

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:34 am
by DSIGFUSS
Odllog gets a good three paces into his charge and lunges out with his Scrimsax. His huge three foot reach carries the long viking blade inches from Ingvar's shoulders. Ingvar is quick and ducks the scrimsax coming down hard on Oddlog's thigh with his own throwing axe. Oddlog cries out in pain as the blade cuts its way down his thing and skims the knee cap. Perhaps a littler deeper than Ingvar had intended.

You son of a bitch! I'll bleed you for that Ingvar. I'm through fucking around!

Duels like this sort were frowned upon by Captain Gunharr. Killing was punishable by flogging or death. Both men know they will be judged by the damage they inflict on their opponent. Unless they were careful, the victor was often punished more than the Viking who lost the duel. No deep cuts, no stabbing! Salshing and fistwork only. That was the rules. Captain Gunnharr knew his men loved to fight, but he'd be damned if he'd lose half his crew before he even set foot on Helluland.

Fight!

All the Vikings holding their mugs cheered Ingvar's name and Oddlog uses the ditraction to take a step back and regroup. He looks over at his friends and roars at the crowd. One of Oddlog's friends Hildigarr, takes a step around the fight and begins to eye Weoulf and Orm, obviously deciding which oarsman would best suit his need for bloodshed.

ooc. - Ingvar - same rolls. init/strike/ dam unless you got something else in mind.

ooc - Weoulf and Orm post your reactions to Hildegarr please.

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:48 am
by Basketvector

oc. I was hitting blunt cause I rolled 1d6 for damage. Blade damage would be more right? So if we're going to blades I'm not sure what the damage for this thing is. You can roll for me.

If he's attacking with a blade then I will too. Otherwise I'll still go blunt.

"CRY FOR MERCY OLD MAN!!!!"

Initiative: 4
Strike: 71

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:07 pm
by Henrik

"Better sit down and enjoy the fight, Hildigarr it's not worth the trouble. I did not get this old out of bad swordmanship." Orm states as if he was talking about the weather or perhaps the harvest.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 am
by DSIGFUSS

You're an old fool Orm but you'll bleed just like the rest.

Hidegarr begins to advance on Orm when Sigfurd jumps in between the two, his own scrimsax in hand.

This old man has friends Hidegarr. If blood's what you crave yah murderous cunt, then I've got plenty to spill.

Sigfurd lunges forward with his scrimsax, but Hildegarr steps nimbly to the side with a murderer's poise and skill. As he moves past Sigfurd's blade, Hildegarr drags his own scrimsax across Sigfurd's gut leaving a long bloody slash in its wake.

Meanwhile Oddlog, clearly frustrated with his own knife work, reaches out and grabs hold of Ingvar's throat. He lifts him up and into the air and starts to choke him.

ooc - Ingvar takes 2 damage plus STR bonus.
ooc - Ingvar - make a grapple check to keep hold of your axe. If you want to break the hold -an opposed STR check must be made.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:32 pm
by Henrik

Orm sits down. He lacks the young man's taste for combat and has enough wit to know when to fight or when to run. He has sent enough warriors to Valhalla to have to prove anything to boys who still are wet behind their ears.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 pm
by Basketvector

oc. Ingvar makes a grapple check to keep hold of his axe.
Grapple 52

oc. I dont know if that does it or not. If I drop the axe then I'll try to break the hold with an opposing strength check (rolled 4 on 1d20). If i dont drop the axe then I'll chop his skull with the intent to kill him (full damage, not sure what it is).

Muffled curses and flailing

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar's axe drops to the ground. Oddlog continues to squeeze the Viking soldier and all Ingvar's efforts to free himself fall short. Ingvar's vision begins to blur as Oddlog chokes the wind from him.

Sleep well Ingvar! Perhaps we'll be in Helluland when you wake.

Higegarr and Sigfurd circle each other, their scrimsax's held out and dripping with each other's blood. Sigfurd sees Ingvar is in trouble and tries to get past Hildegarr to help him. He swipes at Hidegarr opening a long wound in his chest. Hildegarr then grabs Sigfurd's arm and throws himself and Sigfurd to the floor. Both men roll on the hard wooden planks, trying to gain the upperhand in what has quickly deteriorated into an old fashioned wrestling match.

Sigfurd looks up to Weoulf and Orm

Weolf........ Ingvar needs your......

All around them, Vikings roar their approval and drink to victory!

Oddlog! Oddlog! Oddlog! Oddlog!

ooc - Ingvar make a CON check 1d20 and another opposed STR roll. (You failed the first one)

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:13 pm
by Basketvector

"GNGHH.."

CANT... BREATHE...

Thor.. give me the strength... GNGHH.. to kill this asshole

Strength: 7 Constitution 9

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog continues to strangle Ingvar and Ingvar can't loosen the brute's grip. Spittle flies into Ingvar's face as he gasps for air.

I needed this Ingvar! Thankyou...... so much..... for your sacrifice.

Ingvar manages to keep his head clear but any more of this and he'll surely pass out.

Ingvar - Con roll (1d20). Luck roll (1d100)

Meanwhile, Hidegarr and Sigfurd continue their test for dominance on the floor. Sigfurd finally rolls on top of Hidegarr and manages to bring his arm behind his back. Everyone hears a loud crack as Hildegarr's arm twists in a way it was clearly not intended to.

Aaarrrrrrrgh!

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:59 am
by Basketvector
constitution 19
luck 35

oc. is this guy a lot stronger than me?

oc. OK, as per the PM, here's the rolls.
consitution checks: 49,30,5
Resistance: 33

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 pm
by Henrik
"Is this the scum, who we send to Valhalla? Men who will spend an eternity carousing in the halls of Odin, waiting for Ragnarok? where everything will be destroyed? Perhaps we need brutes like this to win, but I doubt it. Not an ounce of brain between them. Orm turns around and watches the horizon. If they only could find some land.

Re: VIKINGS: Chapter 1: STEEL AND ICE (Henrik, basket, Oathin)

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog continues to choke the life from Ingvar and the Viking crowd loves every minute of it, with the exception of Orm and Weoulf.

Weoulf sits on the edge of the crowd wayching as Orm, disgusted with the childish brawl, steps away.

Hildegarr is trying desperately to free himslef from Sigfurd's arm lock. He reaches behind his leg and pulls a much shorter scrimsax from a hidden sheath. Hildegarr stabs deep into Sigfurd's thigh forcing him off him. (critical hit for Hildegarr!) -Sigfurd takes 9 damage. (Not KO) Hildegarr has broken Captain Gunwarr's rules of combat and there is a moment of silence as all the Viking cringe at the severity of the foul.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

Sigfurd cries out in pain and rolls away from Hildegarr clutching his thigh. Blood pumps from the wound and stains the floor as it pools. He reaches to his side and pulls a throwing axe out. Sigfurd grits his teeth and stands up on one knee, unable to put much pressure on his badly wounded leg.

Ingvar's face begins to turn purple as he gasps for breath under Oddlog's vicelike grip. Fotunately for Ingvar, Oddlog in his excitement stumbles and Ingvar breaks his grip. Oddlog quickly get to his feet and the two stare into each other's eyes and square off once again.

You like that meat? You want some more?

When Ingvar finally gets up to face Oddlog the crowd changes their tune.

Gut em Ingvar! Kill the cheats! Slit his throat!

ooc - Ingvar's init. Anyone else who wants to can roll init as well. Init will be 1d10 plus dex.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:12 am
by OathinBlood
Weoulf decides to team up with Ingvar, and aims a solid kick at Oddlog, missing.

[OOC: My initiative roll is in the link above too. I got 27.]

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:28 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar straightens up, enraged and incited by the chanting crowd.

"YOU SHALL DIE A PEASANTS DEATH!!!"

He tries to cleave the mongrel cur in two.
Strike 52

oc. whats the damage on this hand axe?

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Weolf lunges forward at Oddlog just before Ingvar's hand axe swings wide for Oddlog's throat. Oddlog ducks under the axe and Weolf's misplaced kick sends him soaring past the two combatants.

Getting the hint from the crowd, Hildegarr turns his blade over and slashes at Sigfurd's chest. The blade rakes across his hide armor, barely breaking the skin.( 1 damage) Sigfurd swings wildly with his own blade caring little for how it lands. He loses his grip on the scrimsax and the blades skids across the floor landing just a few feet away from Orm and a few of the well watchers.

ooc- Order of init. = Weoulf, Sigfurd, Hidegarr, Ingvar, Oddlog (What next boys?)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 pm
by OathinBlood
Weoulf tries to grab Oddlog from behind, but is shrugged off by the larger man.

Weoulf bellows at Ingvar, "You idiot! Put that axe away!"

[OOC: I know the roll says Ingvar, that's my bad. And has the fight just turned lethal?]

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:56 pm
by Basketvector
"YOUR TIME'S COMING ODDLOG.."

Ingvar says backing away, trying to look tough.

"OH YA... YOUR TIME'S COMING.. SOON ENOUGH"

He turns his back and walks away muttering about how he's going to 'shank' him.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog ducks under Weolf's clumsy swing and returns with a viscious uppercut.

Weolf : roll to parry (roll under your Punch skill)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:51 pm
by OathinBlood
Weoulf brings his hands up, successfully blocking Oddlog's uppercut.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:04 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog calls out to Ingvar as he walks away.

I'll kill your friends Ingvar. Don't you walk away from me!

Oddlog, with no concern for Weolf's future on two legs, kicks out hard at Weolf's knee.

00c - Weolf parry again and return the punch.

Meanwhile Sigfurd tries to bring Hildegarr down to the ground with him but just can't gather the strength. He's lost his scrimsax and the blood pooling on the floor is getting thicker. If Sigfurd loses much more blood he might just pass out. Hildegarr twists around Sigfurd and locks the poor young Viking in a viscious headlock. He puts his knife up to his throat.

Easy there pup! Should I cut em some more Oddlog? Mix his blood with me mead eh Ingvar?

Hildegarr smiles wickedly as Sigfurd struggles beneath him.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:21 am
by OathinBlood
Weoulf cries out in pain and rage as Oddlog's foot connects with his leg.

[OOC: Damnit. I thought my luck was turning around...]

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog's kick just grazes Weoulf's knee (2 damage)

Oddlog, clearly expecting to fell Weoulf in short order growls his frustration.

Fall damn you...

occ - roll to attack. then roll another parry ( unless you roll a critical.) Then we'll resolve that one first.

Meanwhile Sigfurd is unable to get free of Hilkdegarr's choke hold. Hidegarr tightens his grip and brings the knife even closer to Sigfurd's throat. His smile widens, taking immense pleasure at having the Viking warrior at his mercy. Sigfurd chokes for air but finds none.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:39 pm
by Basketvector
When he sees that the fighting continues, Ingvar turns around and calmly walks up to Hilkdegarr, who is holding Sigfurd

"Let him go before I scoop your brains out"

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:01 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hildegarr smiles up at Ingvar like some crazed devil and then slams Sigfurd's head into the floor.

Sigfurd already weak and bleeding, collapses into a pool of his own blood.

Hildegarr grins wide and waves the knife around in front of his face, taunting Ingvar as best as he can.

Oh yeah? I'd pay to see that! You take blood Ingvar?

Hildegarr flicks a splatter of blood from his scrimsax onto Ingvar's shoulder and laughs.

Heh Heh Heh!

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:01 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hildegarr smiles up at Ingvar like some crazed devil and then slams Sigfurd's head into the floor.

Sigfurd already weak and bleeding, collapses into a pool of his own blood.

Hildegarr grins wide and waves the knife around in front of his face, taunting Ingvar as best as he can.

Oh yeah? I'd pay to see that! You take blood Ingvar?

Hildegarr flicks a splatter of blood from his scrimsax onto Ingvar's shoulder and laughs.

Heh Heh Heh!

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 pm
by OathinBlood

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:46 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog and Weolf stand off against one another. Oddlog, now deep in a crazed battle frenzy, misses blow after blow as Weoulf defends himself. Neither opponent can seem to get the upper hand.

ooc - give me some more rolls Weoulfs

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:52 pm
by OathinBlood

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - roll damage x2 plus STR modifier.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:36 am
by OathinBlood

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:40 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog was distracted by Ingvar as he left the fight only to return with his attention fixed on Hildegarr. Weoulf took full advantage of this and clocked him hard to the side of the head. Weoulf's fist collided with Oddlog's nose and it popped like a wineskin sac. Blood rushed down his chin and Oddlog wiped it off with his arm. He slowly licks it, savouring the pain, and then gives Weoulf a look he would not soon forget. Weoulf had Oddlog's full attention now.

So there's some fight still left eh Weoulf? Maybe I should put you down for good then.

Oddlog pulls a second scrimsax from his boot and steps into Weoulf slashing and stabbing with a ferocity fitting his stature. He trips on the blood soaked floor and the knife skids across the floor into the crowd of Viking spectatots.

The crowd laughs uproariously and cheer Weoulf on.

Get him Weoulf! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Oddlog the fool!

Meanwhile, Hildegarr advances on Ingvar.

ooc - Weoulf - free attack (+20%) (Also remember that if you want to KO somebody, you must declare it. If you say you puch somebody in the head, I assume it and secretly make the KO roll on the resistance table but if the word head is not mention there is no chance of KO unless you specifically state that you are trying to knock somebody out.)

ooc - Ingvarr - Init. ( plus your attack roll if that is what you are doing. If you make a successful fast talk roll you can keep him busy while you talk it out)

ooc- Orm. Sigfurd is hurt badly and could use some first aid. He might just bleed out on the floor if left unattended.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:23 pm
by OathinBlood

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:15 am
by Basketvector
Initiative 11
strike 24
damage 5 (1d6 blunt damage)

I'll try to club Hildegarr in the temple and knock him out while bellowing in rage.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:59 am
by Henrik
Orm tries to treat Sigfurd's injuries, but he is not so skilled when it comes to the healing arts.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ingvar charges in to meet Hildegarr. Hildegarr raises his long scrimsax to the ready and meets Ingavar head on. Hildegarr swings first and arcs his blade down on Ingvar's thigh.( With the same dirty tactic he used to take Sigfurd down with.)

ooc - Ingvar parry

Ingvar returns the favor and crashes the blunt end of his axe into Hildegarr's face, bellowing madly with a beserker's rage. Hildegarr's nose erupts in a shower of blood and he crashes to the floor. He looks around the room confused and then slips away into a deep and peaceful sleep. As he rests and a giant purple welt begins to form on the bridge of his nose, Hildegarr dreams of murder and complicated culinary feats. His two favorite things in the world.

Meanwhile, Weolf and Oddlog continue there pugilistic flurry. Weoulf throws a roundhouse at Oddlog but Oddlog pushes it aside and returns with a savage and powerful blow to the head. Both combatants are try to end this as quickly as possible before things get even uglier.

ooc - Weoulf parry.

Another Viking from the crowd sees Orm struggling with Sigfurd's deep wound. He offers his assistance.

Evening brother.... My name is Edgar Beorgson. I think perhaps your friend could use a hand.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:44 pm
by Basketvector
Ingvar tries to parry Hildegarr, but he moves pretty slow.

After Ingvar levels Hildegarr he makes a gluteal yowl in triumph. If Ingvar is still on his feet (after failing that last parry) he'll attack Oddlog. He tries to smack him on top of the head but misses by a mile.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:17 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - just so everyone knows. After this fight is over. For next time. Each in battle post should include the following.

1)Brief description of what you plan on doing.
2)Init roll (1d10 Plus DEX)
3)Strike roll (1d100) / Dodge roll (1d100) (1 or the other) not both.
4)damage roll if your strike was successful.
5)parry roll (1d100) (if you are able to parry your opponent) (You can parry and dodge or parry and attack on your turn.) Your parry % is equal to your weapon skill or punch skill if fighting fist to fist.

This has been a fun fight full of ups and downs. I think if we do battle sequences like this, then they will go much quicker. A successful strike roll doesn't always mean the damage will be dished out. If the attack is parried or dodged, then the damage will be negated. After everyones actions are in. I'll tell you what happens during that combat round with a more detailed description of the fight sequence.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 am
by DSIGFUSS
Before Hildegarr falls unconscious to the galley floor, he drives his knife deep into Ingvar's thigh. ( Ingvar takes 7 damage. )

Weoulf and Oddlog scramble for control as the crack of a whip echoes over their heads. Everyone turns around to see that no good son of a bitch Gilliok.

Hey what's going on here you skags? I'll whip the skin off your cocks. Back in line!

Oddlog uses the distraction to get a cheap shot in on Weoulf but misses by a mile. Weoulf can smell the stench of harder spirits on his breath as his fist floats past his face.

ooc - Oddlog isn't stopping the fight. Weoulf give me some rolls unless you want to back off. Ingvar- same.

Edgar puts his hand on Orm's shoulder before he begins to bandage Sigfurd's wounded thigh. He prays sternly while he does so.

May Tyr guide my hand so I may, in death, give it back to him. Oh Gods, help this man or carry him away to Valhalla.

Edgar smiles warmly at Orm.

See there brother. A little kindness and respect for the gods never hurt anyone. Wouldn't you agree?

Edgar takes out a pendant containing several runes insrcibed on its survace. Orm can't make them out. He kisses the pendant and then slides it back under his shirt.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:04 am
by OathinBlood
Weoulf backs off and grunts at Oddlog. "Good fight. Let's row." Although he takes the stance of a relaxed person, he is ready to parry any sudden blows that Oddlog may make.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog spits at Weoulf.

You.... are a sniveling little bitch Weolf. I'll kill all of you!

Weoulf roll dodge - or take a good horker in the eye.

Oddlog then backs off and tends to Hildegarr, still snoring like a pig with a chest cold.

We'll get them Hildegarr. We'll kill them all!

Edgar takes out a small vial and holds it under Sigfurd's nose. He wakes with a grunt. Edgar passes Orm the vial of harsh smelling salts.

Keep this Orm. If he drifts away again, make sure to wake him. He has lost alot of blood and should stay awake.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:45 am
by OathinBlood
The loogie sails past Weoulf's face. Weoulf screams with fury and disgust, whipping a fist at Oddlog's face. He narrowly misses.

[OOC: The link says the Dodge skill is 34%, but it's actually 70%. Sorry about that.]

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:37 am
by Henrik
Orm takes the vial and keeps watch over the fallen warrior. "A little kindness has never hurt someone. My wife taught me that lesson many years ago. Thanks Edgar."

OOC: Took the vial of harsh smelling salts.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:47 pm
by Basketvector
Ingvar ignores the cracking whip, and tries to club Oddlog in the back of the head when he tends to Hildegarr but he misses big time.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Gilliok cracks his whip again over Weolf, Ingvar's and Oddlog's heads.

Stop your cock knocking boys or it'll be the gallows for yah.

Orm catches his worrds as Gilliog turns and runs back onto the main deck of the Icebreaker. Weolf and Ingvar can't hear a thing over Oddlog's bellowing battle cries.

Oddlog, now facing two Viking warriors, flies deeper into his beserker rage. He grabs Weolf by the hair and smashes his forehead onto Weolf's chest, missing his head entirely. The blow glances off Weoulf to no effect but to further infuriate him.

Die! Die Slut! Die! Die! Die Cunt! Die! Die! Die Fuck! Die! Die!
ooc - Weolf and Ingvar. (4 rolls. Initiative, strike, damage, parry.)

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Edgar looks at Orm and shrugs his shoulders.

I think you're friends are in a spot of trouble Orm. We've done all we can for Sigfurd.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:55 am
by OathinBlood
"Har, Gilliok, did ya hear what Oddlog called your mother?!" yells Weoulf, before swinging at Oddlog.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:07 am
by Basketvector
Init 5; strike 55; dam 1; parry 13
Ingvar tries to double team Oddlog, but as usual his axe glances off the thick son of a bastard.
He's getting cocky, and still using the blunt side of his axe. Despite his lame attack, Ingvar is pretty hard to hit while he's on his feet.

"Lay down before i kill you old man"

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 am
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog hoots and howls as Ingvar and Weolf pounce on him with their own rage and furious assault. Ingvar catches Oddlog on the side of the head with the blunt end of his axe and it just serves to fuel Oddlog's punches. Weoulf blow soars over Oddlog's head, but it seems his remark about somebody's mother hits home. With Ingvar pinning his right arm, Oddlog makes a feeble attempt to grab for Weoulf's throat with his left. His eyes bulge as he reaches for Weolf but he is too quick and pushes the blow aside.

In a mass of tensing muscle and thrashing limbs the three now twisted warriors fall to the floor, fists flying in every direction.

Got off a me you ruddy cunts!

Then over the roar of the crowd and the crack of a whip comes a sudden silence followed by the deepest most commanding voice any man witch or beast on the Icebreaker had ever heard.

A thousand lashes to the next man who dares move a muscle!

All three men look up to see a sea of vikings, head down in fear and respect, part like the sea to Captain Gunharr as he strides through the crowd. He looks angry and concerned, his eyes wide with concentration.

Will you test me now lads?

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:19 pm
by Henrik
Orm bows his head in respect to their captain. He has trust in Gunnhar's abilities and Orm is certain that the expedition will reach their goal soon.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 am
by OathinBlood
Weoulf rises, his head bowed respectfully, his eyes on the ground.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Oddlog pushes Ingavr off of him and rises, standing next to Weoulf. Ingvar quickly follows suit.

Captain Gunharr looks around the room at all the Vikings.

We're close boys. Close enough to glory I can smell it. We'll be reaching Helluland in just four days, the witch has seen it in the runes. Four days till you get all the blood you can spill and you bunch of savages have to get greedy. Looking for blood amongst your own kin? You can all freeze in Hel

Captain Gunharr turns to the crowd of Vikings and points at the no good bastard Gilliog.

Throw em in the hold Gilliog, then we'll decide who gets the nine tails and who doesn't. I'd bet me beard it will be you Oddlog.

Captain Gunharr holds his hands in the air and adresses his Viking crew.

Back to your stations lads! QWe got some rowing to get done. To Helluland and to glory!

All the Vikings cheer for their beloved Captain Gunharr and then sit back down in their rowing positions. A few of them look over at the combatants with disgust in their eyes and a few with smiles. After all, every good Viking loves a good fight and this crew put on one hell of a show.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:56 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Osvald, one of Captain Gunharr's closest Lieutenants, points at Orm and regards him with a sort of proud sadness.

Captain Gunharr looks at Osvald and then back to Orm.

So be it! Orm is it? You got yourself a pass! Let's hope Osvald is right about you lad. Come with me.

Captain Gunharr turns and walks back on deck with Osvald right behind him.

Gilliog smiles when the Captain leaves and looks at the group condemned to the hold.

Orm! You heard the Captain! Get moving! As for you... I'll be thinkin' bout whipping the skin from your bones all night. Now move it!

Gilliog cracks the whip again.

Ingvar pick up Sigfurd! He's bleeding all over me decks. Edgar..... Weolf.... bring Hildegarr! I want to keep me an eye on Oddlog. He's got the look of a snake about him. I'll surely be whipping it off him in the morning won't I Oddlog? Move quickly boys. Move it!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:38 pm
by Henrik
Orm follows the captain, his old bones aching. So they are close to Helluland? That is a relief indeed! Although he is not one to pick a fight for the pleasure of it, the old mariner longs to meet the Hellulanders in battle. Hopefully he will earn his place in Valhalla and perhaps he will meet his beloved again.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:35 am
by OathinBlood
Weoulf smiles, partly because of Oddlog's punishment and partly because of the prospect of the end of their trip. Viking though he was, Weoulf was always partial to the land, instead of being confined to the ships, which always smelled of sweat and blood. Also, it had been a while sense he had used his axe...

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:50 am
by Basketvector
Ingvar brushes himself off and goes back to his rowing station.

"I'll be seeing you again old man" he says to Oddlog, "reeeaal soon."

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:34 am
by DSIGFUSS
The bastard Gilliog calls to Ingvar.

Oh no you don't lads. It's to the hold with the lot of yah.

He herds Ingvar, Weoulf, Oddlog, Hildegarr and Edgar out of the rowing deck and onto the main deck of the ship.

Oddlog grunts his protests and helps his friend Hildegarr. Edgar , now tangled up with this rough bunch, helps Weolf carry Sigfurd who just begins to regain consciousness. Gilliog doesn't seem to have any sympathy for any of the injured Vikings and more than once he pokes and prods at those helping the wounded to the hold.

On the main deck and out in the open air, the men see a Raven flying just above the main sail. It caws out and seems to be mocking the Vikings being escorted to the hold.

KaCaw! Caw! KaCaw! Caw! KaCaw!
Chapter 2 begins soon.