ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: ESKIMOS : Chapter 1 : BLOOD AND SNOW (Imp and Andrew)

Post by Andrew »

"I would, there are reasons to keep him alive, he may know things that could be vital to us. To me it would stand to reason that we bring him to health, see what kind of man he is and if necessary hunt him ourselves." Tornuaq answered while using his spear to draw in the sand.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden (70%) (1d100=69)

Unulaq looks out unto the sea and asks "What are you hiding, Sedna? Why do you throw your children to the beach?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Maniitok looks at Tornuaq and nods in agreement.

You are wise Tornuaq. I see that now. We must first learn from this man. Learn of his people and his connectin to the whales and then learn what connection this stranger has to our cousins so far from their village.

Maniitok lowers his head and stares at the stranger's blood in the snow.

Then we speak of his fate.....

OOC - Tornuaq - Insight check
OOC:  
Unulaq wanders purposefully up the beach looking for any clues. The ocean is quiet and still. Unulaq rarely sees the water so calm. It seems almost as if the sea itself were morning the Belugas.  
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OCC: Insight 5% (1d100=4) Oh my Gods! I can't believe I made that roll!

Tornuaq looks around and says, "Yes, then we speak of his fate."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Unulaq walks, he notices something odd. The Belugas are spaced so evenly along the beach, just more than a man's height separating one whale from the next. Midway down the line of Belugas, Unulaq notices a whale is missing.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq's eyes lower to slits and he tells his friend, "Their is something in the way you speak that makes me not trust you concerning this man. I would trust you with my life but not his, I would have no problem killing this man if we knew what his crimes were but we do not. He has much he can tell us, maybe he himself know why the Beluga are on the beach. Please, ride back to the village and bring back an elder, come back yourself even but we need one of the elders."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Maniitok rises and picks up his spear.

You hurt me brother.... but again you show the wisdom of the arctic owl. I would kill this ghost if he has done what I fear he has done. I will go and then return with enough of our people to properly set these whales to rest and perhaps with the wisdom to do what must be done with the white man.

Maniitok looks over the beach at Unulaq who is still searching.

Take care of Unulaq. The Beluga's song seems to have have taken a tall toll on his heart. I will return at first light. Do not hesitate Tornuaq. If trouble comes. I beg you. Take flight and leave this spirit to his own destiny.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tornuaq stood and embraced his brother, "I will Maniitok, you be careful on your journey as well."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Maniitok embraces Tornuaq as a brother and sprints over the snow drift off towards his sled and dogs. He waves to Unulaq and Tornuaq as he reaches the peak of the drift and echoes his farewell over the beach.

Tommorrow morning brothers! I'll tell my sister to expect you both home soon!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq waved over to Maniitok as he was leaving. Then started to head towards the gap in the Beluga conga line to check it out a little more closely.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Unaulaq moves closer to the gap in the whales. He can see the trail leading up to the line of Belugas. He even spots the patch of disturbed snow where the whale had beached itself and joined in with the chorus. Unulaq, however, can not imagine where the whale could have gone. There are no prints in the snow suggesting it moved anywhere. Unless it backtracked along the same path it came, the whale simply dissappeared.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq moved in closer, kneeling beside where the Beluga was at one time, reaching his hand out to touch and make sure his eyes weren't just playing tricks on him.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- It's no trick. The whale was definitely there. Now its gone. (roll a Track check)

The Beluga to Unulaq's left and right begin to shake nervously as Unulaq approaches. Their song changes slightly. Unulaq can tell the animals are scared and confused.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: er, I don't have a 'track' skill. But... track (1d100=19)

Unulaq called over to Tornuaq, "This is strange. One seems to be missing. It was here, but now is gone! Maybe it got up on its tail and walked away?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Unulaq can see no tracks around the flattened snow where the Beluga whale once lied.

Tornuaq finally gets the fire going. The pale faced stranger groans as the fire comes to life but does not waken.

Both Dorset warriors then hear a terrible noise coming from the water. A terrible screaching, similar to the Belugas song, but filled with anger. Both men look up and out onto the water but see nothing.

ooc - Spot Hidden check please.

ooc - I'm noticing that I'm doing more skill checks than other keepers. I think it reminds people that they are playing a game and not participating in a choose your own adventure book. I could always do the rolls myself if you guys are getting tired of the dice rolling. What do you think?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Personally I like it when a DM, Keeper makes the rolls. I don't really care otherwise. Will post later tonight, running short on time.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden (70%) (1d100=49)

Unulaq looks up suddenly when he hears the screeching noise coming from the sea. He backs away from the water instinctively, spear in hand.

ooc: Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm easy... really... ask Andrew's wife. :twisted:
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

ImpInTraining wrote:ooc: Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm easy... really... ask Andrew's wife. :twisted:
OOC: This coming from the guy who bought her a train ticket so we could spend our first wedding anniversary together.

OOC: Spot Hidden 60% (1d100=36)

At the noise Tornuaq jumped to his feet and ran over to Unulaq, "What was that brother?" He asked as he looked out onto the water.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Both brothers see the lone Beluga break the water just for a second before diving back down into the icy black. Then the water is still and the Belugas continue their sad song.

The pale faced man with the fiery red hair stirs once again. The warmth of Tornuaq's fire seems to be bringing new life to the stranger.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Unulaq watched the water only for a few seconds more, then turned away "Nothing, I guess. Missing his brothers and sisters." He showed Tornuaq the layout of all the Beluga, how evenly spaced they were except for this one spot ... where a Beluga whale had rested at one time judging by the trail from the water's edge. And now it was missing. "I don't know what happened to it. It just suddenly disappeared." He scratched his head and then gave up the investigation. Thinking was hard work, and best left for the elders.

He started heading for the fire and asked Tornuaq pointing a finger at the red-haired stranger, "Did you check him for weapons? We should make sure he is not armed when he wakes - in case he is hostile."

Return to “Chapter 1 : Blood and Snow : Steel and Ice.”