IC: Andrei's Apartment

From the times when the investigator split up.
Includes Private Message Transcipts
All of these threads are hyperlinked in and out of the main Chapter One IC & OOC threads.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

"Maybe, but I think we're just going to stay at a hotel here. Look, I've got to go, but I'll call again in the morning, okay? Be careful tonight... and sorry about any press that come in the morning." Elizabeth hangs up.

She climbs back into the taxi and tells the driver to start heading downtown. "Father said to call the police and go back to the Downing House, but I guess they're okay for now. So, are we going to try to find Johnny and the Rukovs, or go to a hotel, or what?"
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Decrepit »

"We could look, but I'm not sure how much help we'd be," Caroline says. "It seems they're better prepared for trouble than we are, and they also went out expecting to find it."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

"I expect the others will eventually return to my apartment. If they don't find us there, they'll probably go to your parent's house, Elizabeth."

Thank God Johnny is with them.
Andrei imagines the Rukovs swilling Vodka until the early hours and falling asleep while wrestling, with Mr. Downing happening across the mess they made in the morning.

"I wonder if we should wait for them near my apartment. What if someone lies waiting for them in my room?"

Andrei thinks for a minute.

"We should at least warn them that something's wrong at my apartment, in case they show up and we're not there. This might sound ridiculous, but... Thomas, what would you think about firing a shot through the lobby window of my apartment? That way, if they drive up, they'll know something might have happened."
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

"So you actually don't even want to go and look for them?" says Thomas to Caroline. "I don't like the idea of the Rukov twins on their own, handling trouble by themselves. They may have Johnny Wong with them, but they'll need more than that to settle down. You can step out if you want to - but I don't want to leave you on your own either."

He then continues for Andrei: "I'm OK with driving near your apartment and see if they're around. But I'm not going to just forget about it and go to sleep if we don't find them; otherwise we might very well wake up tomorrow and learn of their death in the newspapers."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

"Lets drive by my place. We need to leave some sign that things aren't all right, because I doubt we're going to find them by driving around."

There's a tinge of challenge in Andrei's voice. There's a certain way that Thomas talks that sounds demeaning, in a way, like he thinks he's better than the rest of them. Andrei is having a hard time ignoring it.
Last edited by coffee demon on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

"Thomas, you act as if I'd suggested we let them die or some such nonsense," Caroline says testily. "My point was that the three of them were expecting trouble and are probably better able to deal with it should they come upon it. We, on the other hand, are hardly equipped for a fight, assuming we could find the three of them anyway. It seemed more likely to me that we'd end up driving around aimlessly in search of them. Should we come across them, we'd probably just draw more unwarranted attention to them.

"And I'm not asking to be let off at the next corner, either, if that was what you were intimating."
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

Thomas shrugs and lights another cigarette. It had been a tiring day for him too and he was not in the mood for arguments, even though he was contributing to starting them, perhaps unconsciously. He decided to just shrug it off, as there were more important things to take care of.

He will stay silent during the ride and wait for the driver to reach the vicinity of Andrei's apartment.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Middle East Side - New York
9:30pm - Thursday 15th January 1925

The taxi begins it's journey back to Andrei's apartment building; it's only a few blocks so the trip should take less than ten minutes.

[OOC: Spot Hidden rolls from everyone please]
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

[OOC--Elizabeth sees nothing: Chapter 1 - Spot Hidden (at 25) (1d100=99)]

A couple of times during the conversation Elizabeth looks like she's about to say something, but uncharacteristically remains silent.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

[OC: Andrei Spot Hidden - took it out of the global OC thread I have a feeling one of us really needs to spot here...]

Rolled 33, needed 25.
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

Thomas is tired and, sadly, also fails to see anything.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Lost in thought, Caroline drifts along while the car speeds along, attending to nothing in particular.[/url]
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

[OC: Crap!]
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

OOC: Now maybe you-all see why Caroline didn't think chasing after the Rukovs and Johnny was such a good idea ...)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: Unfortunately there will be a brief delay so that I can keep you synchronised with those drunken gambling Russians, I’ll hopefully be ready to post again here after the next bout of Rukov posting.

In the meantime, as nobody spotted anything :twisted: you may as well have a chat while you enjoy the ride.]
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

[OOC: "So, as long as there's nothing to see outside and we're perfectly safe here, how 'bout those Yankees? I think they're going to be terrible next season. They didn't even win the World Series this year," Caroline says.)
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

When the conversation drifts into silence Elizabeth tries to think of something to say. She gives up with a sigh and leans her head on Andrei's shoulder, tucking her arm through his.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Near Andrei’s Apartment – Middle East Side, New York
09:36pm – Thursday 15th January 1925

The taxi approaches Andrei’s apartment building again. The other car is no longer parked outside the building, and there doesn’t appear to be any torchlight flickering inside Andrei’s fifth floor apartment any more.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Are they gone? Should we go inside?" Elizabeth asks the others.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

"Is there some way to leave a sign without actually going in so that the others know that something is amiss?" Caroline asks. "On the other hand, we do want to meet up again with them eventually, so we don't want to scare them off completely."

Return to “Private Threads(Ch 1)”