IC: A Trip to Chinatown

From the times when the investigator split up.
Includes Private Message Transcipts
All of these threads are hyperlinked in and out of the main Chapter One IC & OOC threads.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

IC: A Trip to Chinatown

Post by Raiko »

This thread currently for Maksim, Timour & Johnny only, it will contain spoilers for all other player, so please keep out. :)

If you're meant to be here scroll down....

Timour’s Car – Central Park West, Heading South
9:00pm – Thurday 15th January, 1925

Maksim hasn’t driven very far from Elizabeth’s apartment before he and Johnny both notice that they are being tailed. A Packard Touring car pulled away from the sidewalk as they left the Dakota’s garage building, turned after them onto Central Park West, and has stuck closely now for over a mile.

It’s too dark to tell how many occupants the car has.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Somebody loves us," Maksim says with a tight smile. "I'm worried about the others now but it's better we don't draw attention to them while we have a tail. What do you figure I should do? Attempt to double back on them? See what we got? Or assume they're armed with machine guns and ready to fire? I can shake 'em, I can try to get us in a better position to check them out, I can draw them into an ambush. What do you want I should do?"
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

OOC: Raiko – thanks for handling the rolling for me. The death cold still has me in its tight grip.

Johnny nods at Maksim, “Good eyes.”
“No. Nothing drastic yet. Last time we were trying to keep them from finding out who we really were. They know now. No. It’s time to take it slow. We’re just some fellows out to have a drink or two. We’re heading to my neck of the woods anyway.”

As the drive continues Johnny casually keeps track of the car behind him, trying to see anything.
“The question is: who are they. And what do they want? They could be with the voodoo nuts. They could be with the Carlyle’s, though that seems passing odd, her security force was quite tight and it’s possible that having gotten her name, they got the address of her apartment and are staking it out. Of course you wouldn’t normally follow us, you’d follow her Miss Downing

“There is also the possibility that the police are following us. Nine deaths is quite a few, and this most recent one is sure to set off a panic. Could be that someone has panicked and is looking for someone to pin the blame on. A couple of foreigners and a Chinaman make worse targets.”

“If it’s cops they’ll just follow us. If it’s not… this criminal conspiracy that Jackson was worried about may be trying to clean up the mess from this morning. They’ll probably drop their voodoo shtick and come out with guns blazing. If that happens it would be better to do it in Chinatown. I’m not keen to make any more headlines tonight.”
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Grafster wrote: They’ll probably drop their voodoo shtick and come out with guns blazing. If that happens it would be better to do it in Chinatown. I’m not keen to make any more headlines tonight.”

Johnny glances over at the brothers, "Unless, of course, you're worried we can't take them. Then we could go to the police."
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"I'm unarmed, but for this car," says Maksim. "I'm not sure if Timour brought the BAR but I know he no longer has his handgun. Wherever we park, let's do it public enough to scare off two-bit hoods but private enough that we don't get a dozen civilians shot. Unless you'd prefer we circle the block a few dozen times."

"Is anyone else worried about the others? The way I see it, we might not be the only ones followed. If each of us is followed, that shows they've got a lot of money and a lot of men. Of course, I don't want to just swing by and get the others in trouble."
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour grins and racks a round into the machinegun's chamber, "unless that car holds twenty one men I can take them all," he says refering to the twenty bullets in the clip of his weapon. "Turn around the others are in danger and I was a fool to leave them."
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim nods and scans around. He's either going to attempt another bootlegger's turn or, if he recognises a decent alley that is not a dead end, pull through quickly to ensure the other car is forced to continue on by the line of traffic. Either way, he drives warily and with an eye out for pedestrians.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Maksim sees his chance just south of the park. As he drives away down 8th Avenue from the busy junction with 57th Street and Broadway Maksim swerves to the left, across the a small gap in the oncoming traffic onto 56th Street.

Horns blare all around in the busy evening traffic of the Theatre District, but the tail doesn’t have a chance to follow, the gap is gone, and they are forced to continue south for now. Another quick turn and Maksim is heading back north, this time on Broadway.

Now he must choose a new destination, before the pursuers have chance to find him again.

[OOC: Maks could head back onto Central Park West, or Columbus Avenue to approach Elizabeth’s apartment from the front or the back.
Or he could turn east on 57th Street at the next junction, turning south again later and heading towards Andrei’s apartment, or Thomas’ office which are both in the nicer parts of the Lower East Side (close to downtown)– Chinatown is also down there, but not such a nice part]
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

As he assumes his position, left hand clenched on door, right clutching hat and cane Johnny makes a mental note. No teasing them. Their culture apparently doesn't include teasing. At some point I'm going to need to get them to start following instructions.

Johnny smiles wryly.

OOC
If he knows where Andrei's apartment is he'll suggest going there. I think it's the kind of thing Johnny would keep up on, but that will be Raiko's call.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I think all three of you would know where Andrei lives.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim starts heading towards Andrei's place since that was the last place he remembered hearing they were going. "Don't suppose anyone knows where Thomas lives? That one's on his own but then ... the others aren't armed."

He will drive exactly on the speed limit where possible.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour looks at his pocket watch and then over at the speedometer, at this rate they'd arrive just in time to stop the assassin's from cleaning the blood off their machetes.

"Uh," he mumbles looking at his brother and motioning for him to speed up with his hand, "do you want to save them or bury them?"
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

<<Khrenoten',>> murmurs Maksim, sighing as he pressed his foot against the accelerator. <<Kakogo chyorta.>>

Khrenoten = Swear for bad situation.
Kakoto Chyorta = What the hell...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: Sorry for leaving you hanging. Ok I need a spot hidden roll from each of you please]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=752003 . 38 when Maks had 45. Lay it on him. What's he see?

EDIT: Fine then! Be that way. At least I passed! :P
Last edited by Laraqua on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

75 over 50, fail

L lose the period after the 3 :wink:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Outside Andrei’s Apartment Building
9:22pm – Thursday 15th January 1925

As he drives towards Andrei’s apartment building Maksim notices a car parked outside with two black guys in the front.

Glancing up at the windows he can see that the lights are off within Andrei’s apartment, but then he notices the flickering of flashlights inside.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim drives right on by. "Okay, looks like they knew where to head. Before we assume they've got the others, let's find ourselves a phone booth and call the apartment. If the others are kidnapped, I think the gangsters will want to 'ransom' them - get us to come to some convenient location. If the others saw those rather obvious signs and hot footed it out of there, well, the bad guys will let the phone ring out. We go in there guns blazing and the others are caught, we might just end up walking in on an execution."

If the others admit to not having seen the bad guys, Maksim frowns. "You didn't see...? Oh, there were these two men in the front seat of their car. Black men. And upstairs there were flashlights going about."
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

"Our friends are in danger then," says Timour opening his door getting ready to jump out even if the car does not stop.

"Let me take the two on the ground now, it will startle the ones upstairs and by our colleagues time they may need."

-Orson Wells
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

"Wait!" Maksim snarls, but slows down just in case. "I'll let you out but you wait. If they try and leave, watch for our friends and stop them only if you see them coming out with a gun to their back. If they don't leave or you don't see them, then wait for my signal. If they get executed because you couldn't let me make a phone call..."

At which point, Timour's either leapt out at 20 miles per hour, or they've passed the building.

Return to “Private Threads(Ch 1)”