IC: A Trip to Chinatown

From the times when the investigator split up.
Includes Private Message Transcipts
All of these threads are hyperlinked in and out of the main Chapter One IC & OOC threads.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

First thing- Timour crouches and pulls Johnny down with him :D If fired upon he returns fire :twisted:

763451 {mon]Timour 1 1d100 [95] = (95) Four individual rolls, Andrei's apartment fire-escape- Chap 1 2006-12-06 04:36:18 (accidentally didn't select 4 originally)

Then clicked four

763453 {mon]Timour 4 1d100
[71]
[42]
[10]
[29]

Four individual rolls, Andrei's apartment fire-escape- Chap 1 2006-12-06 04:36:27

And a fifth just for good measure
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Do we have a wall between us and the apartment? Does crouching add to our dodge or help in anyway if we're shot at from inside the apartment?

Does partial or full cover provide any benefit? Say Timour is under the window seal and firing through the window at assassins inside the apartment.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: You are in the hallway outside Andrei’s apartment door, the fire escape led to the end of the hall (as with the Chelsea). There is a fairly substantial internal wall between you and most of the apartment. Timour estimates that the walls of Andrei’s apartment will easily protect them from a .38 or .45 bullet, but his trusty BAR will blast great big holes straight through. 8)

Couching, taking cover, or other sensible precautions will always give penalties to the shooter, or bonuses to the defender in my games. It’s not handled by the rules though, but I promise I’ll take it into account.]
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

I have been for DI as well, crouch (partial cover) reduces your attacker's accuracy by a quarter, prone (full cover) by half or cancels out a point blank bonus.

I like what you said about the BAR :lol: , time to wake up the neighbours?
Last edited by thewhatchamacallit on Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Grafster »

Johnny his eyes having finished adjusting gestures for Timour to wait in the hallway.

He puts his head near Timours and whispers "Yell if you're going to shoot"

He will try to slip into the room, staying low to the ground and near walls.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Timour waits and listens.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

[OOC If Timour so much as speaks in a loud voice Johnny is dropping to the ground as rapidly as possible.]

Johnny carefullypicks his way accross the floor.

Chapter 1 - Sneak (50%) - Sneaking into Andrei's apartment (unknown penalty for condition of the place) [1d100 -> 2]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Johnny steps carefully though the debris that litters Andrei's living room floor while Timourcrouches silently, his automatic rifle readied in case of ambush.

There doesn't seem to be anyone hidden inside this room. Johnny has been here before with Elizabeth, so he knows that one door leads to the kitchen, and one leads to a hallway. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom off the hallway.

[OOC: Grafster you didn't make the 4 x d100 rolls for me, please could you do it]
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Raiko wrote: [OOC: Grafster you didn't make the 4 x d100 rolls for me, please could you do it]

[OOC: Apologies
1d100 -> [85] = (85)
1d100 -> [74] = (74)
1d100 -> [69] = (69)
1d100 -> [9] = (9)]

Johnny slips over to the door to the kitchen and listens and then pushes it open.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The kitchen appears to be unoccupied, indeed it doesn’t look to Johnny like it’s been disturbed at all yet.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny nods to himself and moves back toward the main room.
He moves over to the other door and standing to the side of it (i.e. with his back to the wall) pushes it open.

[OOC If I need another sneak check then here it is
Chapter 1 - Sneak (50%) - From Andrei's kitchen to the door to the hallway. 1d100 -> [36] ]
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

[OOC Tread... titles... increasingly.... confusing... must.... remember.... still... in... China.... town.]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: It’s worse for me, I have to post in both threads]

Johnny moves back across the living room to the hallway and looks inside. Again it is deserted. This corridor runs parallel with the main hallway outside the apartment (where Andrei still crouches), separated from it by an internal [OOC: Non BAR-proof] wall, there are three doors leading off this corridor.

Two are on the right, the first leading to the guest room, Johnny glances inside, the room is trashed again. The next door on the right leads to Andrei’s bedroom, adjacent to it, at the end of the corridor the third door leads to the bathroom.

[OOC: Here is a quick sketch of Andrei’s apartment to make things easier. The J and T ‘green circles’ are Johnny and Timour. This image is my website at the moment, I’ll move it to image shack when I get home.]

Timour hears somebody trying to sneak on the metal fire escape outside.
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper

Timour peeks back over the fireeeacape, expecting trouble.

OCC Timour is crouching, unless Andrei suddenly appeared beside him :shock:
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny inspects the room to the right (the guest room), looking for shadows and odd shapes to the best of his ability (behind the door, under the bed, in the closet).

If it doesn't seem like there is anyone in the guest room he decides that all this sneaking around, while his instinctive way of doing things, is getting a bit silly.
Supposed to be looking for Miss D anyhow.

He'll draw his gun and quickly check the other rooms. He opens doors carefully and avoids making unnecessary noise but he's decided to stop jumping at shadows.

Return to “Private Threads(Ch 1)”