IC: On the third floor

From the times when the investigator split up.
Includes Private Message Transcipts
All of these threads are hyperlinked in and out of the main Chapter One IC & OOC threads.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Maksim Rukov »

<<They're called witnesses, Timour,>> says Maksim. <<Today isn't the day I go to jail and it isn't the day I torture someone into talking. Where exactly would we take him, anyway? Some basement somewhere? We're not getting paid enough for this. Leave it to the cops.>>

Having made his decision, Maksim continues heading for the phone booth, though he does it at a walk, in case Timour had something exceptionally convincing to say.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour glares into the back of his brother's head as the younger Rukov stalks off.

"Fine," Timour seethes as he aims his weapon squarely at the man on the ground. "Give him to the cops."
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

Thomas unflinchingly glares at Timour.

"You can forever count me out of anything like that", he says, trying to remain cool even though one can sense some contained anger in his voice.

"The end doesn't justify the means."
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Attempting to seize on this argument for one last piece of bloodshed, the assassin hurls himself towards Thomas his teeth bared. He plans on ripping the lawyer's throat out.

[OOC: Thomas and Timour both have time to shoot, it's point blank range so your skill is doubled, but a called shot (eg to the leg) will halve your skill (back to normal), Timour is also aiming (bonus)]
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

"Feisty one." scowls Thomas, now understanding the man will never give up and is probably willing to die rather than being arrested.

He attempts shooting in the leg anyway, thinking the threat has been considerably reduced now that the cultist is fighting bare-handed.

(OOC: Do I not get a bonus for aiming, since I had my gun on him all along? And how many bystanders are there?)
Last edited by warhammer on Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

<<"Idiot,">> snarls Timour and places a perfect shot. in the man's calf.

((OOC- Do we need damage on this? Minimum 6 already.))
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thomas’ snap shoot goes wide, but Timours’ hits the crazed killer staight in the calf, his leg gives away beneath him and he collapses face down at Thomas’ feet.

He claws wildly at the lawyer with his uninjured hand, but the attack is clumsy and Thomas is already stepping backwards out of reach to avoid the killer’s lunge.

He stares through crazy hating eyes at Thomas, then collapses completely. His body spasms a couple of times, and then finally goes still.
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim flinches and stops mid-step. He doesn't turn around but he does raise one hand. "Did you just ... kill him?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: Take care, if he's still conscious he'll go for you again, he's clearly insane]
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

"Stay back," warns Timour coming up to the man, gun ready. He hoofs the man lightly with his loafer looking for any signs of consciousness.

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The assassin doesn't move when Timour kicks him.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

[OOC: Please wait until Coffee can post now, I ran the fight without him as Andrei is unarmed and things happen quickly, but I'd like him to have chance to post now]
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim returns with a deep sigh, retrieving his handgun and aiming at the body as he approaches.

"Don't worry, he's a lawyer," he says with a sheepish grin at any spectators, nodding in the direction of Thomas.

"Now I'm worried. What thug is so eager to die? What cause is so important it's better to die after torturing a man? I don't know what that lady has gotten us into but it's gotten me worried."

OC: Whoops, posted just after you. I'll leave it off for now. Sorry Coffeedemon. Please forgive me. :(
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Timour Rukov wrote: "Or when he and sick friends did whatever the hell they managed to do to Jackson?"[/color] he growls boring his gaze into Andrei, "I'll save my more civilzed thoughts for more civilized people, thank you very much, and for now I say we tie this son-of-a-bitch up and interrogate him until he tells us who he's working for and why he went after Elias!"

Andrei
returns Timour's hard stare. He looks shocked and angry. He's about to say something when Thomas interrupts.

When the assassin falls the last time, Andrei finally runs across from the car. "He might still be alive!" He bends down, pushing away Thomas and Timours' pistols and tries to check the assassin's pulse.

Frantically, he puts his fingers under the man's jaw, then the wrist. "I'm not sure.. I think.. I can't feel a heartbeat..."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The assassin is quite dead.

The street is mostly deserted now, as a result of the gunfire, but there are a few brave bystanders, and other people are watching from upper storey windows. The bells of police cars can be heard approaching, mostly from the south where you've come from.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

"Dammit," growls Timour glancing to the car they'd been driving and ignoring certain comments from those standing around.

The car, maybe there's something worth looking at in their car? He wondered as he went to investigate, "somebody check those two sleazeballs. Maybe they've got some ID or whatever on them."

-Orson Wells
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Without looking up, Andrei quickly checks the mans's pockets - a wallet, coins, anything...

While searching, he asks Thomas, "You're sure it's alright for us to stick around? Do we need to think up a story?"
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim starts having a look through the car. He imagines these suicidal peole might have a bomb strapped beneath the car or some such and figures that he's the only one in the current group who could tell the difference between a bomb and a car engine. "So, this is quite the predicament we've gotten ourselves into. I don't suppose we'll be handing our evidence over to the police and walking away, will we?"

"I don't suppose now would be the time to talk about a raise,"
he says, only half-joking.
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Timour Rukov »

Looking up from where he was already inspecting the car, Timour just glared as his brother as Maksim joked around while men lay dead and dying. <<"What?>> his angry hiss only loud enough for his brother to hear, <<"is my search of the car not satisfactory? Is this just one more area I may not have enough expertise in?>>

-Orson Wells
Maksim Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Maksim Rukov »

Maksim is startled by his brother's anger. He had seen it welling up but was still surprised by the outburst. <<I don't recall anyone calling you a poor soldier or a terrible shot,>> he said softly, stepping away from the car with a sigh. <<But if you want to do all the searching on your own, then don't let your brother keep you from it.>>

Maksim went to sit on the kerb, his gun holstered once more and in its place his pocket watch. He twirled it absent-mindedly. "I hope that woman's husband is okay. I guess it's one way to see how good the good doctor really is." He tried to settle his thoughts but they kept darting this way and that. "I don't suppose Lizzie will be letting sleeping dogs lie on this one?"

Return to “Private Threads(Ch 1)”