Moderator: Laraqua

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: HF: Brianna and Ronald

Post by trixie »

[OC Nice Back to the Future reference, Handy! Ha ha....love those shows!]

Brianna claps her hands as well, grinning, but she can't help but look longingly at the lollipop the older woman had offered her.

It's all that songs fault too....I'm not so sure about the cigarette trees and the whiskey.....but it sounds kinda like Candyland.

Brianna thought on those lollipop trees and chocolate rivers decorating the gameboard of Candyland, and she licked her lips thoughtfully.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

[It wasn't even a conscious reference on my part, though the Gray's Sports Almanac one was - that's before Lionel met Ronald and Brianna. I had intended "Great Scott!" as a kind of catchphrase for him, and he's said it a number of times, including back in Chapter One before I knew about the time travel thing. Sarah said it too once, early in the helicopter ride.]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OC - And of coarse it was a Superman saying long before the Great Doc Brown ever said it. FYI. So I say it's fare game. Eat my shorts. Now threre's a coined catch phrase.

Ronald finally gives the candy to Brianna, his mood lifted somwhat. But as soon as he hands the candy back to Brianna the dark thoughts start to creep in all over again. He finds himself thinking too much on the what ifs...

If anything happens to the kid.. I'm gonna kill you old man!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Lionel to Ronald. "You're doing the right thing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes smiles.
-Well, with a spirit like this, there is no way that Mr Hitler may win-she thinks.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna looks a little surprised as Ronald hands her the lollipop.

Did he hear my thoughts? I didn't say anything did I??

She looks confused. She glances from Ronald, to Lionel. Then back to Ronald again.

Finally she puts the lollie in her pocket. "Can we hear another song Ronald? Just one more, please?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Brianna feels something ... odd. It is as though the whole room around her took on a dreamy quality. She feels warm, like she's snuggled up in a bed somewhere, and somewhat numb, as though she's not quite aware what presses against her. It's as though she were drifting in and out of sleep. Her stomach growls.

Blood seeps to the surface of her skin, erupting through the pores to trickle in lines that grow and thicken as she stands there, looking up at Ronald, imploring another song. Those behind her scream in shock and rise to their feet, pointing at the back of her head.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: Don't forget that Brianna, Ronald, and Agnes each get +1 to the stat of your choice. It wouldn't have made a difference in that POW roll, though.]

"Brianna!" cries Lionel when he looks at the back of her head. "Don't worry, everyone. I'm a doctor." He springs into action, opening his paramedic's kit. He takes out some cloth and applies pressure to stop the bleeding and then cleans the wound and bandages it well. "Must have been a previous injury opening up again. If the stitches came out, I'll have to sew it back up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a wound in the back of her head. A gaping hole half-hidden by hair. By rights, she should be dead.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lionel stares at the wound in shock and disbelief. How is this possible? he thinks. He is grateful for the miracle of Brianna's survival, but puzzled about the wound's origin. She had only been mildly injured when the unexploded bomb had gone off in the hospital the night before. I can't talk about it here in front of all these people, but once we get the all clear we'll have a chance. I'll need to take her to the hospital. "How are you feeling, Brianna?" he asks. "Does it hurt?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I decide to expend in power. I think i will really need more sanity!

Agnes was in dismay with what she saw: she was sure that the hole wasn't there a moment before! But then, she controlled herself: after seeing the strange boy who refused to die even when cut in pieces, she wasn't so surprised. And then she understood: the menace that had destroyed the world in the future wasn't bound by time. It could destroy her own present. She immediately tried to help Brianna using some tissue in the back of her head, covering it.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"What is it? Help! What does it look like? Do something!" She reaches up fearfully and tries to touch the wound to figure out what it is. So far she shows no sign of being in pain.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It looks like a hole has opened up," says Lionel. "I'm not certain what caused it, but don't worry. Agnes and I are treating it and stopping the bleeding. You're still standing and talking, and you don't seem to be in any pain, so that's a good sign." He continues to work on the wound, and this time he is able to concentrate and figure out more about it. Could that be...a gunshot wound? he thinks, checking for a bullet and removing it if he finds one and it is safe to do so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald's eyes bug out of his head when he sees Brianna's gaping headwound. A snarl crosses his face as Lionel suggests that they go back to the hospital.

Craperjacks!

He whispers to Lionel.

That's just what this place wants Lionel... What the hospital wants. That wound is new.. I swear it! They want us to bring Brianna back to the hospital. Craperjacks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[Lionel was thinking about going back to the hospital, but he didn't actually say it. Also, the wound is a small one and only a couple of inches deep.]

"I think Agnes and I can handle this," says Lionel as he sews up and bandages the hole. "I'm not sure what caused the wound. It almost looks like a small calibre gunshot wound, but that's clearly impossible. The hole only goes a couple of inches deep. Maybe it was caused by a metal fragment when that bomb exploded?" He shrugs. "In any case, there are no pieces of metal lodged in her head, so I think Brianna is going to be fine. We can discuss it after the air raid's over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna begins to panic, "After the air raid? What??? Did I get....hit by something??" She looks to see how close to the door she's sitting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not this time," says Lionel. "It was last night, remember? We were all in the hospital, and one of the bombs that the Germans had dropped that had failed to explode initially went off when we were nearby. All of us were hurt, but only a little. I already took care of your injury from that." He points out the bandage. "Maybe I didn't notice the other one with your hair in the way. It didn't start bleeding until just a few minutes ago."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Brianna's deep inside the air raid shelter. Besides, no bombs have been dropped nearby.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald's shakes his head in disbelief staring down with worry clear on his face.

It's gonna be OK kiddo! Just keep calm. Lionel will get yah fixed up.

Damn that hospital and Damn you Louie!

ooc- oops on the double post.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laraqua wrote:Brianna's deep inside the air raid shelter. Besides, no bombs have been dropped nearby.
[OOC: I know that. I was referring to the air raid last night when we were at Mercy Cross - the unexploded bomb that went off when we were battling Jason. Lionel doesn't really think that's what caused the wound either, he's just saying that for now while they're in public because there are certain things he can't talk about. Once they have some privacy, he'll mention his little vision of the future. DSIGFUSS, you've accidentally reposted your last post.]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter Two”