ASH: Louie

Moderator: Laraqua

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: ASH: Louie

Post by Piano man »

Louie curses his luck and turns the motorcycle around. Well I'm bound to find someone eventually. He consults his map and starts making his way to the Library to find that book.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The ash returns to its normal constant stream, dimming the lights of the stopped cars up ahead, though eased up enough to keep driving. He realizes that it's actually truly night now - though it's no darker or lighter than before. He hears nothing but the steady roar of his motorcycle as he moves down the streets and around the cluttered vehicles that choke these old London arteries.

OOC: Drive roll.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

ooc Drive roll fail http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1609030/ Ha ha you called it a motorcycle. If you remember his hog is actually a scooter. :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: You called it such at first, too! :P

He realises his driving too fast for his skill when he hits an open car door (1 damage) and slams it shut with his own force. If he's going to get there in one peace, he'd either have to slow down to walking speed or risk a greater accident.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

ooc Oops so I did. :oops: Oh well we both know Louie isn't cool enough for a motorcycle. 8-) :lol:

Louie curses his carelessness and slows the scooter down. It occurs to him that he still has the card that Jill gave him so his first act will be to find a phone. Dammit is all Louie mutters to himself as he heads back to the gas station. Once there he tries to locate a phone to see if it works. I know I'm in another dimension, but you never know what is going to happen anymore. It's worth a try. Louie tries to convince himself that he's not crazy as his picks up to the phone to check for a dial tone.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The phone hangs off the hook of the pay phone. Lifting it to his ear, he hears:

"Look, James, are you there? I can't wait any longer. I've got to..." Her voice is cut off with a sharp snap.

Then nothing but heavy breathing.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

A puzzled look crosses Louie's face as he stares the receiver. Shrugging he hangs up the phone and picks it up again. Pulling the card from his pocket he dials in Jill's number. She's got to be there, this has got to work. Louie doesn't really believe it will work, but false hope is better than none at all.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The telephone rings...

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Stunned he waits in silence.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The telephone on the other end finally picks up after nine rings. "Hello?" Jill's voice, sounding tear-filled and nervous.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie gasps audibly. Jill is that really you. It's me Louie I.....I.... This all Louie can get out before he starts sobbing.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Louie? Yes, it's me, Jill. I'm home with my husband. Are you still at the hospital? Are you okay?"

He hears what sounds like shutters swinging open and shut in the wind from the ajar door to the office that's behind the counter.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks around while getting control of himself. Dammit you're supposed to be the hero get a hold of yourself. More timid than he wants he continues. No I don't know how to describe it. I was walking, and I got so tired that I had to lie down in the hall of the hospital. I fell asleep and when I woke up I was back in the ash. I left the hospital heading for the library to see if I could find books that would help. I remembered your card and called you. I'm the only one here.....I don't know what to do.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You're ... ?" Jill takes a deep breath. "You've got to be back in a coma, right? You're asleep again? Because that world's not real, right?" Jill sounds like she's trying to convince herself.

At odds with her previous stance, she adds, "Wait, you went to the library? Does that mean it's safe to go outside now?"

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie spits the words out in disgust maybe a little more harshly then he meant. I told them that was the dream, that this was real, but no one would listen to me. Taking a breath he calms himself down again. There were just too many things wrong with that other world. His voice takes on a business like tone as he continues. I don't think it's completely safe outside, but I've found a motorbike that'll get me through the traffic. I couldn't stay at the hospital. Ask yourself this though. If I'm in a coma then how am I calling you from a gas station, and why did the call go through. I think these things are playing with our perceptions of reality.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Nothing makes sense!" Jill sounds frustrated; she's well beyond the end of her rope, but has to keep going anyway. "Strange things have been happening here, but I don't want your world to be real ... it's too horrible. And regardless of which of us is in reality, how are we even communicating? What's going on?" The question is as much to herself as to Louie.

"I think my husband might have some, uh, some contacts that maybe could help us figure this out. I think we're going to leave here soon. Could I give you his mobile number?"

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Panic crosses Louie's voice as he thinks about hanging up. Uhm sure that would be good. He searches quickly for a pen and paper. His voice shakes as if he is on the verge of crying. Maybe give me the address where you are going to, and I'll go there in this reality. Who knows our paths may cross. We need to figure this out.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a phone book but no pen. Perhaps on the desk near the office?

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Shit no pen. Please don't go anywhere I need to find a pen. Louie puts down the phone and searches the desk.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The desk contains three pens. The first two don't work. The third works ... but lightly. He can see that the door behind the office is ajar.

Return to “Chapter Two”