ASH: Louie

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: ASH: Louie

Post by Laraqua »

"Don't be a damn fool, Louie Armstrong, you know full well who I am," she says with a sneer, turning around. The bloodied footsteps have passed her by - it certainly isn't her feet that made them. "If you should so much as threaten me once more, I will see to it that you return to the place you came from."

Something about the threat causes Louie to shiver as adrenaline surged through his veins. He knows, deep down, she isn't talking about the normal world.

"What are you doing back here? You should be fulfilling your mission. They need to know what happened in this place."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Louie's tone is a little more respectful. Sorry for the outburst, but there are things happening here that I didn't expect. What are you talking about by the way. Who needs to know and what am I supposed to do. I thought I knew, but I guess I don't. All I know is that there aren't even any children left to carry out the sacrifice with. Plus I don't want to do it. I can't hurt a kid, and no one can make me. I'd rather die.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What are you talking about? No one's expecting you to commit any sacrifices," she snaps, then her face softens. "Oh, I suppose one can only expect the memory to trickle back. How unfortunate. It will make things harder to you. You must regain your comrades, the ones of the other side of the wall, for once you are in their proximity, you shall be pulled outside as well. Lead them to an understanding of what came about here long ago and how that unfortunate mess triggered something much worse. Look to the Tome of Ibn'Kha, hidden within Benford's Private Library, and you should, perhaps, be able to steer them in the right direction somewhat. Remember, without a relevant understanding of the past, no realisation of the future can be had. You are merely an element of the past. I am but that of the present. Find them now. Return and guide them and lead the cult from the ashes of blasphemy into the light of redemption."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks puzzled, but he's inclined to believe her. What wall are you talking about, and can you give me a little more information about what it is I'm supposed to do. I will go to the library as you have instructed. I just want to help end this. I used to be so scared all the time. Now I'm just angry. I'll kill anything that gets in my way so tell me what is good and what is bad so that I can continue my mission.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What could you possibly fear?" she asked with a snort. "You've already had the worst happen to you. No matter. Fetch the book, either this side or the other. Find the others, if you can. You cannot reach the other side without them. This world is but a pale imitation of the other but soon it will be its mirror. Do remember that."

There is a mind-shattering howl from further beneath the hospital, sending Louie to his knees. His body trembles, his vision a smear of darkness and light.

"I must go. You may have one more question to have answered. Then I must leave."

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie only thinks for a second before asking. Where do I find the book exactly.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Its in their rare books collection," she says, then turns and flees into the next floor while Louie is still recovering from the howl.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie stands up, and says to himself. Who's rare book collection. Well I think the best place to find out is down below. Maybe I'll find out what happened to Brianna. Louie leaves this floor and start making his way to the temple. If unobstructed he will continue all the way there.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His footsteps echo eerily as he walks down the flight of steps and cross the linoleum. Ash particles flicker through the torchlight, floating lazily across the corridor. The rust and smears of ashen water are given ripples by droplets that fall from the ceiling. The door to the basement stands open and he pauses there, stopped by the sheer feeling of loneliness and despair that emanates from beneath. Something calls to his heart and he can't be sure that entering the misbegotten place won't drag him back to a place he really doesn't want to go.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie doesn't want to go down there. He decides to go and find that book. He tries to think of how to get to Oxford.

occ. Not quite sure what to do. I did an idea roll. passed rolled 11.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A motorcycle and a street directory are probably the easiest ways of travelling through the congested London streets.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie heads for the parking lot. Maybe his scooter is still there. I sure am glad I know how to drive a hog.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The parking lot is an ocean of rusted carcasses and cracked windshields. The bodies within the only partially sealed containers are charred, sitting on seats that spill stuffing onto their shoulders. The sound of a horn perpetually sounding can be heard somewhere in the right of the parking lot. Several of the cars are piled up along the road that leads out to join the main asphalt road, bumper to bumper, as though caught in a mad dash to escape. One 4WD sits on the median strip, its headlights shining into the distance forlornly, its bonnet pressed lightly against a tree.

The scooter is stuck between a few cars. He'll need to carry it out.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie drags his scooter from behind the cars and tries to start it. Once it's started he heads for the library.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The roads are dark and deserted. Rusted out vehicles flank him on either side. Refuse or crashed cars often force him to take a slightly different direction. The only issue is that he doesn't have a map of London and he has no idea, particularly in the dark, how to get to Oxford from here, let alone where the university is. Perhaps a post office might have the relevant maps? Or a newsagent?

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie looks for a gas station. They are usually ever where, and they always have maps.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he hasn't left any of the main roads, yet, he soon comes across a Caltex. He sees for the first time ever, an empty petrol station in London which is pretty unusual for four p.m. if his watch is accurate. The doors to the petrol station have been left partially open. There's a red jerry can sitting by the doors and a large blood smear by a few of the petrol bowsers.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie dismounts his hog, and grabs his shotgun from it's makeshift holster on his back. He makes his way into the gas station keeping a constant eye out for anything that moves. Once in the station he looks for maps of the area.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Louie strolls into the gas station, and walks over to the maps. He picks one up and slides it into his pocket for future reference. Maybe going to the Library right now isn't such a great idea. Louie flips up his hood hiding his face. People need me right now. His mind wanders to Jill, and his heart still races at the thought of her. I need to find someone else or I might just go crazy. He catches a reflection of himself in the window and starts to laugh out loud. No it's too late. I'm already crazy. Louie continues to laugh as he makes his way back to his hog and sets off back towards the hospital.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The ash seems to thicken across the road, becoming a wall that stings his exposed skin when he rides through it. It's harder to find his way now. He can barely make out the silhouettes of his hands on the handles, let alone the street signs ahead of him. It is as though the very world were making it more difficult for him to get back there.

Return to “Chapter Two”