Spoiler:
I was hoping you'd kill Cael then I could be done. Cthulhu beat me... Yes! :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Ash - Nurse Sarah

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, it was [b]Sarah[/b] that beat you. You got beat by a girl! :P If the mace had malfunctioned, she would have been forced to resort to the knife. She wouldn't have wanted to do that sort of thing again, but she would have done it if she'd had to. She and I are both glad she didn't! [b]Cael[/b] may still end up dead, but it won't be at [b]Sarah[/b]'s hand. You know you've experienced the true horror of Call of Cthulhu when death eludes you even though you desperately long for it! :o
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald pulls Brianna away from the chopper screaming like a little girl.

OCC,Unless Andrew wanted it to play out that way,I don't think that's how the scene in the chopper should have gone down. Here's why. 1) Nobody knew Cael was going to shoot Stephen in the head so it should have been considered a surprise attack of some sorts. Or the event that started combat. 2) Then in all honesty... Initiative would have been determined after the shot. Cael would have gone first as he's holding the gun. He would have got to shoot twice at Sarah as she ran to the helicopter, climbed in and charged the trained soldier with a knife and can of mace. Then Cael could have shot Ronald in the back as he ran from the scene screaming like a little girl. :P Obviously, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it as everyone seems happy with the end result. Just IMHO
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, technically [b]Sarah[/b] should have already been at the chopper since she started heading back there first, though you could say we were going back at the same time. It was a surprise attack, but that doesn't mean nobody else gets to act in the same round, though our actions might have been delayed. [b]Cael[/b] probably wouldn't have wanted to shoot [b]Sarah[/b] anyway. He had other plans for her... :shock: Anyway, he wasn't the only one in the chopper with a gun, so she wouldn't have been his next target - and he clearly wasn't expecting her to attack him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
I personally agree with Dan but whatever and Cael probably wouldn't have shot Sarah. He doesn't get why she maced him. He shot a deserter in his mind, Stephen was taking off and running away. What do they do with deserters... anyone know? SHOOT THEM! That and he did go off the deep end, someone had best kill him though because everyone is in danger with him alive. :twisted:

Especially since I still have no idea how the hell Sarah got the jump on him like that and how the mace took him down so easily and made it so he couldn't do anything. Sounds like a load of shit to be honest.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Actually, you're all wrong... Moment combat started there should have been an initiative in case Stephen was armed and noticed the intent in Cael's eye (and yes, that means Sarah should have rolled initiative too). But that's irrelevant... Because Cael might not even try to shoot Stephen... I mean, Blackworth is sitting in the chair next to him and Stephen is sitting deathly still ... not corpse-still, but, I'm-scared-stiff-still. So let's reel it back to Cael's action as he comes on board the helicopter - but please, no meta-gaming everyone, you don't know what anyone else will do so don't prepare for it... And let's all roll initiative.

I'd use the Spoiler button but I still can't make it work...
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I've got an example of how to use the spoiler button in the last post of the Rules and Guidelines thread in Zombie Apocalypse. Still waiting for Cynthia and Katarina to make some rolls there, by the way. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2036945/]Initiative roll (1d10+17=21)[/url]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Well spoilers are just messed up with the ' sign. Like in can't. If you spell it can`t, the spoiler code won't be interrupted.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, not any more. That's fixed now. Note the ' in "That's." ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Init (1d10+17=19)

Seeing how what Cael thought had happened suddenly didn't actually happen, Cael walks over to the chopper and sits down on the floor, feet swinging out by the ground.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."

Spoiler:
"Seriously? Star Wars? You're reciting the Jedi code? You should really just try and shoot yourself again.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
There, the Sith code now you're making me feel stupid."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Whoops, forgot to roll for [b]Lionel[/b] too! [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2037130/]Initiative roll (1d10+8=10)[/url] Now we just need rolls for [b]Ronald[/b], [b]Brianna[/b], and [b]Dahlia[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

If Cael isn't actually going to shoot anyone,initiative isn't so important. However, the helicopter blades are swinging around in circles. The only difference being that Blackworth has moved himself into the passenger seat and that Stephen seems more anxious than usual.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Laraqua wrote:
If Cael isn't actually going to shoot anyone,initiative isn't so important. However, the helicopter blades are swinging around in circles. The only difference being that Blackworth has moved himself into the passenger seat and that Stephen seems more anxious than usual.
Spoiler:
OOC: Nope, no point in shooting anyone. Surprise attacks are a surprise to begin with and since we're redoing it, no sense in it now. The thrill of it is gone. You'll just have to wait and wonder when Cael drops the bomb again. :twisted:
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC,Sounds good to me.. Sorry for stirring up the pot boys and girls. Hey Laraqua! When you do the spoiler thing, write "OOC," after the first spoiler bracket and then it will say OOC in your spoiler box instead of the first line of your comment. I just figured that out yesterday. Then everything after the comma appears in the spoiler when you open it. I think... :)
Ronald lifts Brianna into the chopper... keeping a close eye on the pilot.... Genuinely concerned for his welfare, Ronald asks...

Is he alright?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC,Stupid punctuation! Thanks Dan, I had no idea how to get the spoiler to read OOC!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC Do I really need to roll init considering we weren't standing next to the helicopter? I'm totally confused by now, sorry. Showing my nubie-ness!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc: Trixie -Ronald and Brianna didn't run away from the helicopter yet as no shots were fired. In my lost post, we were approaching the helicopter.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

OC Oh ok, well Brianna's init roll is 20. It was 1d10 + dex right? rolled a 7, dex is 13

Sorry Laraqua I can't read your spoiler tags. Tell me if I missed something. If no shots were fired I don't know if init rolls are necessary.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Here's what she wrote: [quote="Laraqua"]If Cael isn't actually going to shoot anyone,initiative isn't so important. However, the helicopter blades are swinging around in circles. The only difference being that Blackworth has moved himself into the passenger seat and that Stephen seems more anxious than usual.[/quote] I do get to bank my successful Mace attack and 20 minute duration for the stun, as well as [b]Lionel[/b]'s First Aid rolls.
Image Image
Sarah scrambles aboard the helicopter. "Hang on, we've got more people coming," she says.

Lionel picks up Dahlia to help her aboard. "Uppsy-daisy," he says, handing her off to Sarah. "I used to do that with Sarah all the time when she was little."

Sarah puts Dahlia on her feet inside the chopper and then helps her father aboard. "Don't take off just yet. We need to see if we can bring the people from the other realities with us. Just in case we can't, Ronald, you've got to tell Daddy that I never told him Daniel and Annie shouldn't trust anyone. They can trust us and others from their time, and it's vital that they be completely honest with me. Brianna and Dahlia, you can tell him too. And tell him I'll always love him, and he will see me again."

Lionel nods. "The other me can hear you three. Now that you've warned me, I won't ever read those awful books, and that means I'm not crazy any more, right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald focuses hard on what Sarah was saying and repeats the important parts to the shapes, he is now confident is the sane and rational Lionel and quite possibly Agnes...

Tell Daniel and Annie not to trust anyone but us... and that they can't lie to Sarah... ever! And...

Ronald looks over at Sarah and cringes....

And your daughter loves you old man.... Don't be a Shitake mushroom head and read those books... don't you dissapoint her.

Return to “Chapter Two”