Ash - Nurse Sarah

Moderator: Laraqua

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Ash - Nurse Sarah

Post by Andrew »

Cael smiled, "I honestly don't care if you trust me or not kid because in truth I didn't trust you not to shoot me. Keep the gun but don't use it to defend yourself, I loaded that one with blanks. I had that set up for Dahlia if she wanted to play with a gun, I may be cold and callous but even I know better than to actually hand a kid a loaded firearm and whether you trust me or not I have certain skills you'll need if you want to get out of this alive, like flying that chopper. Stephen is an alright pilot when it comes to small aircraft but on the big ships, he's about as lost as you would be."

Cael pulled out a pistol from a side pocket of his BDUs and placed it in his front pocket for easier access. "The military often uses blank round for crowd control. Sounds like the real deal, even feel like the real deal, only thing missing is the actual bullet itself." That said Cael unslung his rifle from his shoulder and started heading towards the library.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I'm glad you're not completely crazy," says Sarah, sighing with relief. "Are you really sick of listening to me, Cael?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

"Listening to you... no, however I am completely unused to the love and getting in touch with emotions and all that sissy stuff." Cael stopped his advance on the library and moved over to Sarah. "Look sweetheart, you have to understand where I'm coming from. I am a trained soldier, no. I am better than a trained soldier with the skills and knowledge that I have, I was trained to be an emotionless killer, SAS is no walk in the park. When one of us died it was hardly noticed except that there was less firepower, you did your job regardless of the morality of the situation. I have killed men, women and yes even children and because of my training I honestly don't have a problem with it."

Cael rubbed the back of his neck and closed his eyes for a moment, he felt that headache coming on strong as his back began to spasm. 'Damn injuries, happen five years ago but it'll be the death of me yet.'

Taking in a deep breath he let it out slowly and said, "When I said I was a monster I wasn't kidding or being a smart ass. If I had handed Brianna a real loaded weapon and she killed me... well let's say that would not have necessarily been a bad deal. My programming is to execute the mission at all costs and that mission is to see that this mess gets taken care of regardless of the costs. If I have to kill a bus full of children than I will, I have have to burn down a nursing home filled with the elderly, I will, if saving this world means I have to kill you and everyone here... I will, myself included."

Without another word Cael stepped away and started once again for the library.
Spoiler:
'Wow you told her! I bet she thinks you are absolutely the worst human being on the planet!' Said the voice.

"Oh shut up will you!" Cael yelled out loud. "I am sick of you talking to me already. I told her the truth. We both know that we've done some pretty fucked up things in our time but we also know that we're not going to kill any of those people back there."
Spoiler:
You sure? I mean that old man might have it coming, same with that hot ass blonde nurse. You need to fuck her at least once though before you kill her... hell if you fuck her right after you killed her at least the body would still be warm, either works. Their constant rambling of love and all that shit makes me want to stick a fork in our eye!
"I'm not fucking anyone after I kill them! Shut the hell up already. We need to consentrate here, who knows what all this noise may have brought." Cael growled.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"Cael, who are you talking to?!" says Sarah, her voice full of concern. "Something's very wrong here, but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe...maybe being close to the library is causing this. Ronald, Brianna, Dahlia, can one of you tell Daddy and Agnes and the others to come back with us to the helicopter instead. And tell Daddy that no matter what, he has to get Daniel to be completely honest with me. Daniel mustn't lie to me about being able to read minds, and he has to tell me the truth about he and his friends being from World War II and Daddy and Brianna being at the DSTL, and Morrison must not lock up me or Cael under any circumstances. He can introduce me to Brianna and use the pictures Daddy took on his mobile phone as proof. He also has to get Daniel and Annie to warn me not to trust a phone message from my future self. I made it when I was crazy, and there was static that cut off words and parts of words to give the message the opposite meaning. Otherwise one of the seals will be broken and a lot of people will die. Tell him those words exactly, in case we don't get another chance."

Lionel nods. "Going back to the chopper is a good idea," he says. "There's going to be an air raid here soon anyway that will hit the library, and we probably shouldn't be in it." He crinkles his brow in thought, and looks at Cael with slight confusion. "I've seen these symptoms before, but I forget what it's called. It's just on the tip of my...of my...I've got it! Tongue!" He takes out his mobile phone and hands it to Brianna. "Please give this to me - the other me. Don't let go of it until you're sure he has a grip, in case it can't be transferred. I won't need it now that I'm with Sarah and the others, but he may need it and the information on it in future."

"Are you sure you can give that to...you, Daddy? Won't that cause a paradox?"

"My dear Sarah Jane, I am a pair o' docs."

"Cael, I want to help you, but I need you to let me. You don't have to be a heartless killer to be a good soldier. My grandfather was - is, in Agnes's time - one of the first members of the SAS. He's been through hell and killed lots of people, yes, but he never killed women and children, and he never needed to. He didn't bottle up his emotions either, and he always had love for his wife and children." She smiles at her father. "And his grandchildren. He would never have harmed any of us, no matter what. Oliver Carpenter is a good soldier and a good man."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Brianna looks terribly confused. "Won't you talk me through it? I mean do I have to remember everything you're saying right now? I probably will forget or do it wrong." She looks perplexed, then turns to hand the gun to Ronald, "I don't understand why you can't just talk to them. Or why there's two of us. I don't really get it. We were in a helicopter but we didn't time travel did we?"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael stopped, a bit annoyed, every time he made it one step closer to the library he got halted.
Spoiler:
You know they're doing it on purpose, they are just trying to piss you off. Oliver Carpenter was a good man... bullshit. Apparently the bitch don't know her grandpappy to well. Any real SAS would kill anyone, even their own mother if it was needed. Remember that's how you became SAS, after you killed your own mother.
"What? Wait I didn't kill my mother! She committed suicide and her father never spoke to me... Wait."
Spoiler:
'That's right Cael, has the government messed with your head so bad you don't remember? I do. I was there right next to you, told you to kill her even, I was surprised when you put two through her frontal lobe, looked her in the eyes even and with your dead father's own service revolver! To this day I still don't know how you smuggled a firearm through customs, you've always been a smart boy Cael, always.'
Cael stood there for a moment, gently rocking back and forth and finally shook his head. "Helicopter? What..." He looked around and seeing the chopper everything that had happened so far came rushing back... most of it. "Yeah let's do that."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald stares wide eyed at Cael, terrified of the soldier losing his grip on reality.

If Cael lost it, who the H-E-Double hockey sticks woul;d protect them?

Certainly not Ronald... He couldn't harm a fly.
Certainly not Lionel... He was mad as a Hatter.
Certainly not Sarah... She was a hopeless romantic..

Maybe Brianna would have to take on the reins. Ronald was sure she had more kills than anyone else in the party.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"There are two of me, Brianna," says Lionel, "but only one of you. We haven't gone back in time, but we can talk to the people who have, including the other me. Or at least you, Ronald, and Dahlia can. I don't know why they see the rest of us as monsters and can't understand what we're saying."

"Of course I'll talk you through it, Brianna," says Sarah, taking Cael by the arm and ushering him away from the library and back in the direction of the helicopter. "You can start by telling them that I said my mother's name is Beatrice Lunsford, and they need to walk with us back to the helicopter. We'll talk more on the way. You can also tell them that Daddy's older self is here, and if younger Daddy needs proof he should think of any number he wants." Lionel walks with her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

One of the silhouette's approaches Brianna and begins that weird murmuring sound.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

Lionel stops in his tracks and rejoins Brianna. "That's me!" he says. "Maybe we have to be closer to the library to hear him right. He was asking you what's going on, why Cael would want to kill you, and what's happened to us all. Sarah, you look and sound like a monster to him, and so do I. He wants to know why and says he can only understand Ronald, Brianna, and Dahlia."

"Then we can't go back to the chopper," says Sarah, going with him. "Cael, you'll have to go back towards it, but Daddy and I need to stay here so we can help Brianna talk to his younger self. Brianna, tell them what I said to tell them before, but instead of going to the helicopter tell them to walk with us closer to the library."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"No....he's not a monster. Neither is she. It's just you....from the future. That's why you can't understand them." Brianna is talking to the silhouette of Lionel she can see. She shakes her head, "We won't hurt you. And he won't either," she says, nodding at Cael, "At least he better not. So....where is Daniel? We need to talk to him. Can you take us into the library? It will be safer there than here."
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"Woah...." Dahlia remarks, staring from Brianna to the younger version of Lionel, "This is cooooool."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

Sarah smiles. "It is rather cool at that," she says.

"Yes, indeedy," says Lionel. "I remember you were quite a handful when you were little, always running around all over the place. I got worn out trying to keep up with you, even when I was younger, and I often wished there were two of me. I never imagined this, though."

"Brianna, you're doing great. Now tell him that I told you my mother's maiden name is Beatrice Lunsford. He can't hear me, so he's still waiting for the answer to his question. You can also tell him to think of any number he wants, and his older self will remember and tell you so he can prove it really is him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald tightens his grip on Brianna's hand..

Careful Sweety! Don't touch them!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"It's just me," says Lionel, "and Agnes and the others. I don't think I should touch me, of course. Never know what might happen."

"I'm sure the other you would like a hug from me," says Sarah, "even if I do look like a monster to him."

"I'm sure you're right, Sarah. Both of me know that regardless of what you look like, you're beautiful on the inside. On the outside too. Oh, and the other me and Agnes came here looking for Daniel and Annie, but we haven't found them yet. Annie had said to meet them at the library, but maybe this is the wrong one. Or maybe they'd already gone to 2004 by this point."

"We do have our Daniel and Annie in the helicopter. Maybe they remember, but they haven't said much lately."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Cael just sighed looking at the scene before him and began to inspect his equipment after lighting a smoke.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald nudges Brianna...

Ask if they figured anything out at the Library. What do we have to do to help?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"What is your mouth broken now too?" Brianna says sarcastically, then turns to the 'other' Lionel, "She said her mother's name is Beatrice Lumsford. Oh, and she says, think of a number and we'll prove it because the other you can remember what number he was thinking of, because he used to be you. Ok?" Brianna grins, quite pleased with herself and her new roll. The most important one. Ha!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Image Image

"Well done, Brianna," says Sarah.

"I'm trying to remember the number," says Lionel, "but I'm not sure what it is. Let me think on it. Brianna, tell the other me to write it down and keep it, and to tell the younger you what the number is as soon as he meets you again, so you can remember it and write it down."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

There is movement in the helicopter behind them. Mere moments later, the engine that was left to idle earlier (I'm presuming that Cael wouldn't want to have to wait for the engine to start when making a getaway) starts to power the rotors once more.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chapter Two”