Moderator: Laraqua

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: HF - Lionel, Brianna and Ronald

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Thanks for the info!

Agnes hears the man talking to her, and decides to act.
"-Go help your friend, against that... creature, i will take care of any wounded; by the way, my name is Agnes- she said with a sad smile. Then louder:- Is anyone hurt?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

trixie wrote:[O.C. In case the bedpan hits the window with a clatter and bounces off...]

Brianna takes the machete and smashes it through the window.

She rips the black out curtain and covers the broken glass, before starting to crawl through.

[O.C. Is this more than one round of action? If so, ok]
ooc - Haha! Sure... if Ronald can't break it then I guess a 9 year old little girl could. :shock:

Ronald covers his eyes and ears from the blast. He blocks out most of the nonsense [/color][/url]whirling through his spinnig head and keeps his mind focused on the task at hand.

Gotta get Brianna away from Jason.

Ronald sees the celing collapse and does his best to shield Brianna from any falling debris. Unfortunately he can't reach her in time. He dives to the side as bits of ceiling and concrete fall all around him. [/url]

When the dust begins to settle and he hears Jason's growl through the rubble, Ronald quickly rises to his feet. Spotting Brianna, he lifts her up and through the window and then tries to climb through the window himself.

Run Brianna!

ooc - If Jason goes for Ronald, Ronald fails his dodge roll but makes his parry skill check if he is allowed one. (to stop jason from getting a hold of Brianna.)

ooc - sanity check passed, 1st luck roll passed, 2nd luck roll not required.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: I thought everyone had to make two Luck rolls. The rest of us succeeded at our first rolls and did not get pinned, but we still all rolled a second time and took some damage.

You're welcome, Kabukiman.

And, yes, Brianna loses 1 HP from the blast. She'll get that back as soon as someone applies First Aid to her.]

"A pleasure to meet you, Nurse Agnes," says Lionel, making his way through the blinding dust towards the snarling sound. He grips his taser, ready to attack once he finds the monster. "My wounds are minor, but there are patients in this room who sound badly injured, though I can't see them. Try to help them as best you can until I can get to them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

[OOC: I thought everyone had to make two Luck rolls. The rest of us succeeded at our first rolls and did not get pinned, but we still all rolled a second time and took some damage.
ooc- I was kind of under the impression that the first luck roll evaded the falling debris. The second, if you failed the first, was to determine the extent of the damage. Which one was it?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Mr. Handy's correct. The first and second luck rolls are unrelated. Also, for giggles' sake, everyone roll a 1d100. The lowest gets a special prize!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

60 for me.....*crosses fingers*
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Maybe i'm the lucky one?

Anyway, i will try to use first aid in any person who need it.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Ronald takes the lower damage from the falling debris

Roanld takes 1 damage.

ooc - specially lucky roll . rolled a 52.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Agnes feels something brush against her ankle, just above the strap of her low-heeled shoe, like a cobweb brushing across. Then her ankle is gripped and jerked backward, knocking her face first onto the floor as Jason struggles to drag her towards him and to drag himself free from the debris. A hunk of wall had landed on his waist and holds him down, but judging by the crunching of the bones in his spine, it won't hold him for long.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No!" shouts Lionel, rushing to help Agnes. "Let her go!" He activates the taser, and a blue arc of electricity crackles between the contacts. He rams the taser into Jason's spine, sending hundreds of volts coursing into the monster.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes scream terrified, and try to kick Jason, but in panick fails
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The tazer sends Jason's flesh into twitching spasms and his grip slackens, releasing Agnes.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes immediatly runs to Lionel, and hides behind him. She is getting more and more scared: that strange creature who seems humans but isn't, the misterious weapon... But at least Lionel seems to be human and is friendly. And saved her.
-"Now, what?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The creature is merely stunned," says Lionel, shutting off the taser and returning it to his belt. He unshoulders the rifle and presses the barrel to Jason's head. Jennifer would know that shooting a zombie in the head is the way to kil it, he thinks. "But this will give us time to finish it off. We should cut its head off with the machete just in case." He pulls the trigger, putting a bullet in the thing's brain and causing significant damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes decides to after Brianna to get the machete.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald sees Lionel shoots Jason and almost feints from the gore. If he weren't so happy to see that little punks brain splattered all over the floor, he probably would have. Instead he just barfs a little in his mouth and swallows it down.

He calls back to Brianna.

Brianna! Come back... we got the dodgy bugger.

Ronald nudges Lionel in the shoulder and mumbles.

I meant you got em mate.... The wee lass doesn't have to know that now does she?

Ronald leans in even closer and whispers in Lionel's ear.

That was quick thinking... Lionel wasn't it. So tell me something old boy.. Where can a bloke find himself a turn of the bloody century power suit in the 1940's?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Brianna continues to wriggle out the window. The black out curtain serves well in protecting her from the broken glass.

"C'mon everyone! Let's get outta here!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not on Saville Row, not in this day and age," Lionel whispers back, readying the rifle to fire again if the creature hasn't been slain. "I don't know everything about what's going on, but I'll explain what I know when we have some privacy." He calls out to Brianna. "It's all right, young lady, everything's under control here! It's likely more dangerous out there. If there was one unexploded bomb, there could be more. We'll let the nice air raid warden decide if the hospital should be evacuated, but in the meantime we need to stick together."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A voice torn with pain and confusion screams from close within the hospital. The scream is inhuman, unnatural, a scream splintered by the voices of many screamers, all lingering in the air not too far away.

Outside the crumbled external wall, for Brianna and the others, the world is light and smoke. Flames churn through buildings as firemen struggle to put them out. Craters filled with water are suckled by long hoses to dampen the fire and burn out incendiaries. A messenger boy rushes past on a bicycle to give the firemen news. There is something eerie about the world out there - totally unfamiliar - London on fire, London bombed, London destroyed. Something heard about but not yet experienced. How could this be London? London was safe ... is safe ... in the time that should be and yet isn't yet there.

The group are standing on the rubble of the collapsed wall. A doctor's arm and shattered skull are visible beneath a cluster of bricks. The surgical trolley had been whipped by the blast against the wall and the patient lies groaning on the floor.

Return to “Chapter Two”