HF - Lionel and Agnes

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: HF - Lionel, Brianna and Ronald

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lionel engages the safety and slings the rifle over his shoulder again as he runs to the fallen patient. "Someone should keep an eye on that thing," he says, "just in case." He is dismayed at the sight of the dead doctor, but he knows he has to fill in. He opens up the medical kit and begins to treat the injured patient. "It's okay, I'm a doctor, and I'm here to help you." He cleans and bandages the wounds, producing a little improvement. He checks to make sure that it's safe to move the patient, and if it is he gently places the unfortunate person back onto the trolley.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The nurses, shaken and fatigued, brush the plaster from themselves and come to take their places, sterilizing instruments and readying the surgical tray. One of the nurses has a broken nose, blood and snot streaming down her face, but she doesn't seem to notice.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lionel falls into his position with ease. "Okay, let's get triage started," he says. "My new friends and I have only minor injuries; these patients need medical care now. We'll sort them by priority, and I'll deal with the worst cases first." He turns to the nurse with the broken nose. "Nurse, your nose is broken and bleeding. Are you sure you're okay to keep working? If you need help yourself, there's no shame in it." He helps organize the nurses and looks around for the patient who needs the most urgent aid.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

As Lionel rushes around the hospital, Ronald smells the fresh air. He is completely dumb struck by the light. As if in a dream, he slowly runs his fingers through his thin wavy hair, dropping speckles of plaster wood to the floor He puts one leg over the window and then the other and hops out into the open air. Ronald stands next to Brianna and dusts himself off. He reaches out and grabs her hand and finally takes a long deep breath, taking in the chaos and the light as if they were pictures in a museum.

Crap-erjacks.... We are so buggered kiddo!
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Everyone may add 2 skill points to their character sheets (for Kabukiman's sake - you mad add two skill percentiles to ANY skill of your choice - this time, I mean ANY) for such brilliant and decisive roleplay.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Laraqua wrote: Outside the crumbled external wall, for Brianna and the others, the world is light and smoke. Flames churn through buildings as firemen struggle to put them out..........How could this be London? London was safe ... is safe ... in the time that should be and yet isn't yet there.

The group are standing on the rubble of the collapsed wall. A doctor's arm and shattered skull are visible beneath a cluster of bricks. The surgical trolley had been whipped by the blast against the wall and the patient lies groaning on the floor.
Brianna looks about, startled, taking in her surroundings with awe. She jumps when she hears the groan so close to her, then looks down to see an arm from beneath the bricks.

She slowly starts to back away from the arm, wide eyed and confused. The machete is still gripped tightly in her hands, but she is somewhat unconscious that that's what she is holding.

"Ronald....I....we're.....what is this place?"

[O.C. Did Agnes climb out the window too?]
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I take gently the machette from her hand, take her out of the window, and tell her she is in the best hospital in London and give it (the machette) to Lionel, and then i will help any patiente who need it (i think it's more urgent now). I will make first aid to the person who most need it. And i ask at the same to Brianna:
- So is it the first time you came to London?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Sorry guys, but I think Brianna and Ronald are outside watching the streets of London. So if Agnes wants the machette, she will have to climb out onto the street with Ronald and deal with Brianna. (I double dog dare you. Once the kid gets ahold of something that causes pain, good luck trying to pry it from her) hahah!

ooc- Ronald puts two skill points on Dodge.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lionel calls out the window to Ronald and Brianna: "Please don't go out there, you two! You'll be safer staying here with me, and I still need to treat your injuries. I understand you're confused, but I can explain things in due time." He looks the patients over and finds the one who needs care most urgently. He sets to work, doing a decent job and repairing the worst of the damage. He nods to Agnes. "Good job, Nurse Agnes. Thank you for your assistance."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What the hell is going on in here?" asked the air raid warden, coming in.

Agnes recognises him as one of the friendlier wardens, always apologetic when he had to reprimand someone for not carrying their gas mask or for revealing a little light around a black-out curtain. Not only that, but his handsome appearance (APP around 14) often sent some of the nurses in a titter. She also remembered something about epilepsy being the reason why he couldn't go to the front... Many nurses thought his epilepsy was a blessing from God, there being so few young British men around over the age of 18.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, there you are, Daniel," says Lionel. "Good to see you're all right. Feeling better, I hope? I'm afraid you've missed all the excitement. I pursued the creature into this room when a nearby unexploded bomb went off. I managed to finish off the bloody thing, and now I'm helping the wounded. Ronald and young Brianna climbed out the window; I'm afraid the poor lass is frightened. They're not badly injured, but it isn't safe for them outside. Where did Anna go?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna shakes her head when she hears him yell out the window towards them.

"Nope. I'm not going back in there. I've seen enough of this hospital to last a lifetime. We barely got out alive, right Ronald?"

She begins to walk away from the window, looking about in fascination at the scene on the streets.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: I decided to divide the 2 points by Ocult (Agnes just learn that zombies really exist!), and by dodge.

-Daniel, take care of those two before they hurt themselves outside- says Agnes with a firm voice- I cannot leave the patientes.
And then to Lionel:
-I'm not a true nurse, only a volunteer.
And then in alow tone, so she cannot be hear by anyone else:
-Where are you from? Nobody have weapons like that, not even the germans, or they would have use it. And that creature...
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

You said it kiddo!

Ronald follows Brianna out onto the Hospital sidewalk. He takes in the air and then looks back through the open window of the hospital at Lionel helping everyone and taking time to watch out for him and Brianna as well.

We can't just start over here Brianna. We're in some serious trouble. I think we're going to have to go back and talk to Lionel. I think he might know something. We can stay out here for a little while and enjoy the sunshine if you want.

Ronald squints his eyes and looks up into the sun.

Just for a little while........
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: I was under the impression that the sun has already set, and that the light is coming from the fires. I could be wrong, though.]

"You mustn't sell yourself short," says Lionel to Agnes as he works on the next patient in line. "You're doing such a fine job I couldn't tell the difference. The work you do as a volunteer is very important and admirable. We've all got to do our bit, eh? You know, you remind me a bit of my daughter, Sarah. She's a nurse too. As for that creature, I've heard a few odd tales here and there, but I'm not certain what it was. Near as I can guess, it was some kind of zombie - the walking dead. Well, crawling, anyway. I shot it twice in the torso, but it didn't even slow the thing down. Putting a bullet in its head seems to have done the trick, though. I do have an idea of where it might have come from. I can tell you more and answer the other questions I'm sure you have once we're done treating the patients, Daniel retrieves Ronald and Brianna, and Anna catches up. There's a lot to discuss and I'd rather not have to explain things twice. We'll find a nice private room and have a chat over tea while I patch us up." He finishes bandaging his patient's wounds, helping a fair amount.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What the hell is going on here?" Daniel complains, clutching at the unusual rifle. "Oh, dear God, it's moving..."

Jason twitched, the bones in its spine snapping, coming loose in one jerk. It paused as though gathering its strength ... or perhaps that final piece of damage had finished it.

Ronald realises that the sunrise he thinks he is watching is merely the glow of a terrible fire further down the road. He catches word of a few rescue workers coming over to the hospital of a paint factory that has gone up in smoke. Still, the sky is lightening into a dark shade of blue. Dawn couldn't be that far off.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Great Scott, it's still moving!" calls Lionel, unshouldering the rifle. "Here, I'll make sure it stays down." He takes aim at the monster's head and fires one more shot, connecting and causing massive damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jason's head shatters like a watermelon, leaving a grotesquely moving jaw mounted to a torn neck. Burnt flesh sloughs off that neck as it's right hand moves out at a twitch, takes purchase, than heaves itself forward.

OOC: That was your turn, Lionel. The others still gets theirs. Just indicating that the creature ain't down yet.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The shot from Lionel'srifle, jerks Ronald back to attention. Instinstively, he puts an arm over Brianna. He looks back inside the window and the sound and smell could only mean one thing.

Jason.. Oh bloody H-E-Double hockey sticks!

Ronald watches the window and all the people shuffling about. He's paralyzed with fear. He closes his eyes for a second and prays...

Please god. Don't let Jason crawl out that window!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Brianna startles at the shot, and then hears the moans coming from the window on the other side.

"No WAY!!! I'm not gonna go back in there Ronald!!! NO WAY!!!"

She darts out from under his arm and looks at the window fixatedly, then turns to run.

Return to “Chapter Two”