HF - Lionel and Agnes

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

HF - Lionel and Agnes

Post by Laraqua »

Its the Accident & Emergency main ward not far from the double doors. Only the paint is no longer peeling - it is a crisp white. More importantly, there are about three dozen men, women and children in rows of stretchers, clutching at their wounds and crying beneath their breath. Many are covered in dust, plaster, soot, blood. Most have minor wounds, some appear to be the victims of amputations, there wounds recently bandaged. There is no light from outside the windows or from elsewhere in the ward.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Brianna and Ronald (Nobody read yet - tag to come)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald slowly walks into the room with Brianna and then closes the door on Jason.

What the H-E- Double hockey sticks is going on here?

Ronald looks around for any attendees. He keeps a close eye on the door behind him for Jason.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Brianna and Ronald (Nobody read yet - tag to come)

Post by Laraqua »

A woman enters the ward, dressed in an unusual uniform. "What was all that fuss about?" she asks crossly. She gives Ronald and Brianna an incredulous sniff. "You two hardly look injured."

OOC: History Roll.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: HF - Brianna and Ronald

Post by DSIGFUSS »

History roll : (rolled a 5) pass
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A nursing sister in that sort of uniform hasn't been seen for several decades. Her hairstyle, a rather common and simply style made with victory rolls at the front and a bun at the back, depicts someone from the 1940s.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald slowly approaches the nurse, losing his mind with each step.

Roll with it Ronald...Roll with it or check yourself in. The kid still needs you!

I'm fine mum! It's the wee one. She needs her pain meds lickety split. It's been hours since she last took em. Could you please direct us to the children's ward?

Ronald eyes the door behind him waiting for the scene to turn dark and meaty once again.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What do you think you're playing at, turn off that light, the Germans will see you. We've got broken window just over there and all." She fronts up to him, her chest puffed out. "Now come on then, out with that light!"

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Germans? Oops sorry Luv!

Ronald puts out the flashlight and takes a few steps closer to the nurse.

Of coarse. The bloody Germans...

Could you please direct us to the children's ward.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A fellow comes running up, a hooded torch in one hand, a wicked-looking rifle slung over his shoulder.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The man with the rifle is followed by an elderly man in a dusty gray suit. He has a couple of wounds that appear to have been bandaged recently (and quite well at that), including one on his head. He wears an odd belt and backpack, and has a cloth tied around his face to cover his nose and mouth. "Hang on, Daniel, we're coming!" he calls, huffing with exertion. When he sees the young man and the little girl, his eyes light up with recognition. They're wearing modern clothes! he thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

[Failed the history roll]

"Um......Ronald?" Brianna looks around the ward incredulously. "How'd this all happen?" She twirls around to see the closed door from where they came, staring at it as though she believed for all the world something horrifying would jump out at her.

Why are they yelling about Germans? And lights? What's wrong with the lights being on? I don't get it...
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ronald has seen enough World War II propoganda tapes to know an air raid when he sees one.

The children's ward maam? Oh never mind we'll find it ourselves.

I don't know sweety but keep your eyes peeled for anything weird. I don't think we're out of the woods yet. I think we're back in the hospital but everything's different.

Ronald walks with Brianna down the hall. He takes a second glance at the man with the business suit.

That's a little "power suit" for the 1940's. Stop looking at the man from 1999. Don't attract attention to yourself.

Ronald veers away from the man in the suit and (assuming this is the same hospital lay out) heads in the direction the old children's ward.

Remember.... we still don't know if the food is good. If I see you put anything in your mouth with out asking young lady! I swear I'll spank you in front of all these crazy.... world war II vets. And if this is the 40's nobody will even care. Parents used to beat their kids with cricket bats in the 40's.

Ronald smiles at Brianna.

I'd never do that kiddo. Just don't eat anything OK?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lionel hustles after the man named Ronald and the little girl with him. He removes the cloth from his face, pockets it, and gives them a friendly smile. He stands with his back to Daniel, the nursing sister, and Anna so that they cannot see his face. "Pardon me, sir, young lady!" he says. "Did either of you hear some screams a minute or two ago? You two seem to be a little...lost. Maybe I can help you find your way." He gives the two of them a knowing wink. "Oh, but where are my manners? Dr. Lionel Carpenter, at your service." He extends his hand, allowing his sleeve to slip down far enough to let them both see the digital watch on his wrist before he covers it again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"There's something ... here, something come," he says, wiping his face with both his hands. He looks sidelong at Anna. "But there's too many of the living here, right?"

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Snuff out that light," says the sister, coming over to wrench the torch from Ronald's hands. She doesn't seem to have noticed the air raid warden's odd behaviour or his rifle or perhaps she simply doesn't care.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, you should extinguish that torch," Lionel says to Ronald. "Just because Jerry's come and gone doesn't mean he won't come back. I don't think you want to create a scene, at any rate." He turns to Daniel. "I'm not sure what you're on about, sir, but perhaps you ought to sit down and take a breather. I think right now you could use a nice cup of tea." He still didn't seem to be getting through, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Anna moves to stand beside Daniel and places a hand on his shoulder. The two seemed like comrades, rather than their apparent introductions might have led Lionel to believe. "Not here, surely..."

Daniel raises his rifle to point at the store room.

"Now, now, not in here," says the sister. "You can't go pointing rifles in a hospital!"

OOC: Two more history rolls from Brianna and Ronald. The first recognises Daniel as an A.R.P. (Air Raid Precautions) warden - who shouldn't be armed with a rifle. The second recognises Anna as a W.V.S. (Women's Volunteer Services) worker - who might just have been given a handgun. Not sure what roll might recognise that the two guns are very modern as there's hardly a Firearms roll. I'll allow an Edu x 1 roll or whatever other roll you think is best.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

DSIGFUSS wrote: Remember.... we still don't know if the food is good. If I see you put anything in your mouth with out asking young lady! I swear I'll spank you in front of all these crazy.... world war II vets. And if this is the 40's nobody will even care. Parents used to beat their kids with cricket bats in the 40's.

Ronald smiles at Brianna.

I'd never do that kiddo. Just don't eat anything OK?
Brianna looks up at him warily. Would he really not do that? So far he'd attacked her and stuck his finger down her throat after she ate a jam sandwich....she wasn't so sure she believed him.
Mr. Handy wrote:"Pardon me, sir, young lady!" he says. "Did either of you hear some screams a minute or two ago? You two seem to be a little...lost. Maybe I can help you find your way." He gives the two of them a knowing wink. "Oh, but where are my manners? Dr. Lionel Carpenter, at your service." He extends his hand, allowing his sleeve to slip down far enough to let them both see the digital watch on his wrist before he covers it again.
Brianna smiles cautiously at the man. She looks at Ronald uncertainly. Was he a good man or a bad one? There was no way to be sure....
"Um.....My name is Brianna," she says, still wary of Ronald and how he might react....perhaps I shouldn't have talked to him...

[O.C. History roll 61, History roll 87, Edu 6 (edu score is 9) rolled a 1d20...was that right?
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[OOC: I think you needed to roll 1d100 against EDU x 1.]

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Brianna," says Lionel. "We heard someone screaming a short while ago. It sounded like it was coming from downstairs. Did you hear it too?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door begins to open. The A.R.P. warden and W.V.S. volunteer stiffen and point their guns. The warden sways a little as he does so - he seems unsteady, as though he were about to fall down.

Return to “Chapter Two”