NOR - Joel & Leroy's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

NOR - Joel & Leroy's thread

Post by Laraqua »

As Joel looks up, he feels the warm cozy feeling of floating amidst a sea of softness. The world before his eyes is darkness and for a long moment he peers about without realising that his eyes are still closed. Finally opening them, he finds himself tucked into a bed, the pale blue blanket pulled up under his chin.

To the left is a flowery pair of unfamiliar curtains billowing in the breeze from the opened window. To the right is a cupboard containing a vase of wilted flowers, a few cards and several family and friend photographs, and a green curtain pulled around the single bed on the railing.

His limbs feel tired and weak when he tries to move them.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Joel's thread - NO ONE ELSE READ

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Question ... am I still ragingly insane? I was thinking of keeping a long-term insanity, a fear of gift shops and commisaries. Sound good to you?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel's mind struggles to grasp his location... and tries to recall where he was last and what he was doing ... but it escapes him for the moment. Something horrible... but it must have just been a dream.

The boy notices he's very weak and wonders if he had been drugged. He looks about for an IV ... the cursed IV bottle... did it return to poison his veins with its juices again? Then he pushed the blanket down so he could examine his body ... make sure he still had all his limbs. His eyes wandered toward his stomach ... something about his stomach, was he wounded? No, that was just the dream, right?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

An I.V. bottle sits to the left of him. His stomach is emaciated but unblemished. He has lost a great deal of weight and his stomach's persistent growling signals an acute lack of food. Hunger and nausea roll over him in waves as he realises his predicament.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Too weak to get out of bed? Is there a call-button nearby?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is a call button just behind him. Joel could likely stand and stagger about but he is far too weak to do anything complicated or to walk far without support. However, a wall would provide ample support - or so it seems. It wouldn't be the first time he'd felt better than he was up until he start moving.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel holds off on using the call button for the time being ... he wants to make sure the nightmare world he just left isn't waiting in lurch right outside the window.

He pushes the blankets off of himself and rolls onto his side, then slowly pushes himself up into a sitting position on the bed. After taking a short breather, he gets up the energy to stand and make his way along the wall to the open window and peers out.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The trees outside are in full blossom. Puffy white clouds lie scattered across a bright blue sky. The scent of pollen and freshly cut grass enters through the opened window. The sound of traffic, loud and blaring as ever, fill the room.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Weakly, Joel staggers back to his bed and lets out a sigh as he sits down at the foot of the bed. "Thank god... just a dream." Looking to the end of the bed, he sees the clipboard that the doctors and nurses keep notes on for his medical condition. As he looks at the clipboard - where it hang on the bed - he begins to struggle for why it was exactly that he was admitted to the hospital. Tonsils, he thought... but they weren't going to take them out. There was no purpose for admission.

ooc: Does his throat still feel sore?

He reached for the clipboard and plucked it off of where it hung then began reading through ... squinting as if it were going to make the doctor's penmanship any better. He tried to determine his ailment... why was he in a hospital bed?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His limbs tremble as he struggles to stand by the bed. The chart notes explain very little, the complicated scribblings being barely comprehensible, but one word does stand clear: 'coma'. The green curtain that rings his space in the hospital trembles as a dark shape brushes passed it and moves away.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Coma..." Joel said in shock... he wondered how long he had been out as he sought for a date of admission.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The date listed for admissions is the last day he remembers in 2005. The other dates of medications, feedings and the like, are between the 3rd October, 2008, and the 9th October, 2008.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Holy shit! I've been comatose for 3 years?" Then how come I feel so much smaller?

Joel couldn't believe what he was reading, he didn't realize how loud he said that last bit. No wonder he was so damned thirsty. Joel got back into bed and pushed the call button. Maybe he could talk the nuse into bringing him something to drink.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Joel & Leroy's thread - NO ONE ELSE READ

Post by Laraqua »

Leroy's eyes flutter at the sound of someone's voice. The world spins on a silver screen, greying and colourising, over and over. He feels that he is restricted, held in a cocoon of warmth and security. The scent in the air is sterile and antiseptic with a wafting of flowers. To the left is an IV tube that leads into his arm, green curtain that has been pulled right around his bed. To the right is a cupboard containing a vase of wilted flowers, a few cards and several family and friend photographs. He feels weak and hungry, the muscle gone from his arms.

Joel feels better once he is back in bed. He hears the door open and footsteps enter the room. They sound rushed and anxious.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel struggles to push himself into a seated position with his wall resting against the back as he waits to see who comes through the curtain. Maybe he could get some answers to the puzzle that is his memories.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

It takes Leroy some minutes to figure out whether hes still alive.

hospital..? he thinks. what happened..is this real, such terrible dreams

He looks at the photographs and feels his stomach lurch as he sees Toby.

thought he was dead why is that?

"Hello?" he croaks in response to the voice, and tries to move.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The curtain is pulled back by a red-cheeked and cheerful-looking junior nurse who beams down at him, her eyes near bulging with shock. "Gee whiz! He's alive!" She giggles, then looks over her shoulder at the door, before turning to give him a guilty look. "Sorry, that was wrong of me. I'm Nurse Higgins and you've ... well, you've been a bit out of it for awhile. But don't worry! You're fine. I should probably go and get a doctor first, though, to make sure just how fine you really are. Which is pretty fine! Well, y'know, more so ... now you're awake."

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel heard someone croak next to him and thought it sounded somewhat familiar, but it was hard to tell... so he didn't respond.

Joel says, "Can I have some water please? And ... can someone tell me what happened? What made me fall into a coma for three years?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A nurse pulls back the curtain, revealing Leroy to Joel and vice versa. "You're both awake! Are they all waking up? I must go and..." She turns, suddenly realising what Joel had said and what Leroy now knew. "Oh, I... Try not to think about it. I'll go fetch a doctor." She started for the door. "Oh, and water! Yes!"

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel shook his head and rolled his eyes... typical ... adults wanting to keep their secrets from children...

Children? Wait, 3 years had passed. That meant Joel was about 18 now... an adult - with legal rights and such. Gave him quite a bit to think about. Joel turned his head toward the other bed and his eyes widened...

"Leroy? But ... it was just a dream, right?"

Return to “Chapter Two”