NOR - Joel & Leroy's thread

Moderator: Laraqua

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: NOR - Joel & Leroy's thread

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel doesn't eat too much before his shrunken stomach is full. "Ok, Louis said something about seeing Jill down in the waiting room. That's where we should go next." He started pushing the food cart toward the elevator, before realizing he was on the first floor. "Oh, the waiting room should be on this floor somewhere, right?" He started looking for signs on the wall to point the way.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Actually, the second floor. I checked the map. No wards on the first floor but it's a fair enough mistake for a tired, just got out of a coma character to make.

The large lobby area of the second floor was as busy as usual. It was odd seeing the place without blooming rust flowers, blood stains and floating ash. The light seemed almost to have a too-bright quality to it. The voices seemed almost to be too loud. There was a poster on one of the walls, advertising guided tours through a Star-Watching Observatory in some small town outside of London - but it looked like the date for the tours were well over.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Oh... I think we're on the second floor. Funny, I thought the ground was closer outside the window." He looked at the poster on the wall and said, "Look at that... an observatory. I'll have to check that out sometime."
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

"Wait, wait!" says Leroy, feeling a strange chill go through him. "Ob-Observatory. Like your mother said in the dream remember?"

Fascinated, he goes over to the poster for a closer look. Also, he looks around for a telephone.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Yeah, so what are you suggesting? The tour dates are over. Don't know if they're taking visitors, let alone really weak, recently comatose tourists," Joel said. "Forget about walking there too... we'd never make it in our shape."
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"uh uh" says Leroy "if it was in our dream it means something maybe not literally but...theres a reason we chose to remember it. you know freud and all that shit."

He tries to get the name of the town and the details of the event.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Joel glances again at the observatory poster for a moment, then shrugged and started looking for the lift down. He got the odd sensation of deja vu and said, "Hey... isn't this about the place where we heard that strange whistling noise... right down that hallway." He pointed to the south-west corridore. "Wonder what that was." He shrugged yet again and turned to the north, spotting a sign pointing the way to the elevator. "There's the lift, Leroy. Let's get down to the waiting area. Should be one floor down." He started pushing his food cart toward the elevators.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Neither recognise the name of the town.

The path is clear to the elevator. Nobody seems to notice the two.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

+1 to Hide, Spot Hidden and Listen for Leroy.

+1 for Fast Talk, Spot Hidden and Listen for Joel.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: is this a permanent change? Shall I make it to my character sheet?

Joel pushes the down button on the elevator, glad that they're in proper working order this time. He didn't think walking down a flight of stairs was a good idea for either one of them.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Yep. I assigned them this time because in almost cases, there were sensible skills to go into. I will probably vary between assigning and giving freebie points. Freebie points will probably be gained by successful missions more than anything.

The elevator doors open smoothly. There is a choice of going down to the first floor or going even further down to the ground floor. The ground floor requires somewhat more walking to reach the exit but Leroy, and possibly Joel, are well aware that its chronic business tends to help people fade into the background.

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Ok, thanks!

Joel pushes the tray into the elevator and leans up against the wall for a brief rest. He says to Leroy, "Well, the waiting room is on the 1st floor, that's where Louis should be with that Jill... whoever she is. He's got your letter, so I'm guessing that's where we're heading, right?"
paradys
Keeper
Keeper

Post by paradys »

"Yeah, but more than anything i want to find a phone. Find out for real whats happening."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"There should be a courtesy phone in the waiting room, I would imagine," Joel said. "I had one ... three years ago - that cell phone from the ambulance. Wonder what they did with it? I suppose the service would have been cut off by now even if I did still have it."

Joel holds the elevator open for Leroy to get in, then presses '1'.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Enter Louie and Carson's thread.

Return to “Chapter Two”